Sequel: Unhinged

All of Me

The One Thing I Love More Than Being With You

Hey Nick, I can’t stop thinking about you. Let’s get together? Xx- Kelse

I re-read her text a million times. This was the third one she had sent me this week. I sighed and hit delete. I didn’t need this in my life.

I really miss you. Come have some fun! ;)

I groaned and hit delete once more. Why was this happening to me?

“Is everything okay?” I heard a voice say.

I jumped about a mile.

“Oh, hey baby. Everything’s fine.”

“I didn’t mean to scare you.” She said as she took a seat on my bed.

I tucked her hair behind her ear, “You look beautiful.”

“Thank you.” She said with a smile

I pulled her into a kiss, I needed to get Kelsey off of my mind and I felt like this was the only way. I crawled on top of her.

“Babe, we can’t do this right now,” She said with a chuckle, “We are going to be late for school.”

“Let’s ditch today. I wanna spend today with you.”

“Nick, we can’t the semester is almost over.”

I groaned, “You’re a real buzzkill.”

She rolled her eyes. “Let’s go.”

--

Now instead of spending my day with D, I was stuck listening to some lecture in my high school biology class. What was even worse, Kelsey was in that class with me.

It was close to the end of the semester and our teacher just threw a big project at us.

“Hey partner.” She said as she nudged me with her elbow.

“This means nothing.”

“Well sure it does Nick. I’ll be the best partner you’ve ever had.” She said with a wink.

How is it even possible that Kelsey ended up as my partner?

“So where should we meet to work on the project?” She asked.

“Your house I guess.” I said as I rubbed my forehead in frustration.

I didn’t want to chance anyone seeing Kelsey at my place. Hell, I wasn’t even going to tell D that we got partnered up together. It would just make her worry.

“Great, I’ll see you tonight then!”

“I actually can’t tonight.”

“Nick, we have to start tonight. It’s due soon”

“Kelsey, I -”

“Please.” She begged.

“You get one hour.”

She smiled.

“And D doesn’t find out, okay?”

“Okay. I’ll see you tonight!”

“Great.” I mumbled.

What was I getting myself into? I left class and met D by my locker.

“Hey, do you want to do movies and takeout tonight?”

“As much as I’d love to, I can’t. I’ve got a lot of homework.”

“Okay,” She said sarcastically, “Says the one who wanted to ditch today.”

“I know, I know. I just really need to catch up, I’ve been slacking and after all next year is my senior year. I can’t slip up. Rain check?”

“Okay, tomorrow night?”

“Definitely. I’ll see you later,” I placed a kiss on her lips, “I love you.”

--

I sat in front of her house for what felt like hours, what was I doing here? Something told me to just turn my car back on and drive away. But something inside me made me get out and go in to her house.

I’m here, let me in?

God, I hope I know what I’m getting myself into.