Sequel: Unhinged

All of Me

I Can Feel The Distance

I was trying my hardest to not act suspicious. I hated lying to her. I had no other option though. I knew I fucked up, but I didn’t want to lose her. Kelsey wouldn’t stop texting me. She wanted me to leave D for her. I knew if D found out about this, she would never be able to forgive me.

I rubbed my head in frustration.

“What’s on your mind?” D asked as she began rubbing my shoulders.

“Oh nothing, finals are stressing me out.”

“I could help with that.” She said as she began leaving kisses on my neck.

“D.” I groaned and I wiggled out of her grasp.

“What is up with you lately? Its like you wouldn’t even let me touch you with a ten foot pole.”

I felt bad so I pulled her close and gave her a kiss.

“I’m just stressed babe. I’m sorry.”

She pouted, “Are you sure that’s it?”

“Of course.” I said as I placed another kiss on her lips.

My phone kept going off, most likely texts from Kelsey. D was getting suspicious. She began to ask me a ton of questions, of course I couldn’t answer any of them truthfully.

“Should I leave? You’re acting like you don’t want me here.”

“No Baby, I do want you here,” I said as I grabbed both of her hands and pulled her closer to me, “Listen to me, nothing is wrong. Stop worrying.”

She nodded her head and pulled me into a hug. She left me alone at that point, we continued studying for finals without saying a word to each other. My phone continued to buzz like crazy. It was a little embarrassing to say the least.

“Nick, who is trying to get a hold of you so badly?”

I grabbed my phone and shut it off. I should have done that hours ago. “Oh, it’s nothing.”

She cocked her eyebrow with suspicion. “I’m going to head home.”

“You don’t have to leave.”

“No, but I should. It’s late.”

I sighed as I watched her pack up all of her things. I had no idea what I was going to do. I cheated. Something I never thought I would do to her. I had to tell her, whether it broke us up or not. I couldn’t continue lying like this.

“D?”

She stopped putting her books in her backpack and looked up at me, “Yes?”

This was my opportunity to come clean. I opened my mouth to speak but nothing would come out. All I could tell her was that I loved her. I felt like that was the only truth I had told her in my web of lies. She rolled her eyes, placed a quick kiss on my forehead and left for the night. I was at a loss on what to do. I would be devastated if I found out D cheated on me. I could only imagine how she is going to feel when she finds out. I think my best bet was to ask for advice.

“Kevin!” I yelled as I ran downstairs to find him. I yelled his name once more and he came in from the backyard.

“What? You don’t have to yell.” He said.

“I need to talk to you.” I said.

“Nick, can it wait? I’m kind of -”

“It’s serious.”

He sighed, “Alright, let’s talk.”

We both went outside for some privacy, “Kev, I fucked up.”

“What happened?”

“I haven’t told her yet. I’m too scared to.”

“Nick?”

“I cheated on D.”

Kevin shifted a bit, he didn’t expect that to come out of my mouth.

“With who?”

“Kelsey.” I whispered.

“Are you serious Nick? With your ex?”

“I didn’t mean for it to happen, I was at her house studying. We got paired as partners in class and a huge project was due… she kissed me and I didn’t pull away. Well I mean I did after a couple of seconds. I told her I couldn’t do it, but she kissed me again Kev, and we ended up on her couch.”

“Did you have sex with her?”

“No. I stopped her.”

Kevin rubbed his chin, he was lost in thought.

“You need to tell her Nick.”

“I’ve tried, I can’t. I don’t want to lose her.”

“Well, you should’ve thought about that before you let Kelsey anywhere near you.”

“What do I do?” I whined.

“Nick,” He said sternly, “You need to tell her, right now. I know you’re scared of losing here. I even know you didn’t intend to cheat on her, but you did. I’m sorry Nick but if you don’t tell her… I will.”

“I’ll tell her.”

That night I had tried telling her numerous times. Kevin was right, I was scared. D was my best friend and I’m so in love with her. I knew once I told her, everything between us would be gone. I dialed her phone number and became more anxious with each ring.

“D, I have something to tell you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while! I was on vacation and was celebrating my birthday yesterday! I should have a few updates for you!

Feedback is greatly appreciated!