Sequel: Unhinged

All of Me

Maybe I Should Be More Like Her

A couple of weeks had passed since the whole ‘Kelsey’ incident. I hadn’t talked to her since that night and I planned to keep it that way. I didn’t want to fuck up my relationship even further. The last day of school was today, it was the last day before I would become a senior. Everything seemed okay. I felt confident that I was going to pass all of my finals, D and I were doing wonderful. Summer was going to be fantastic.

“How are finals treating you?”

She sighed, “Not great. I’ve never been more stressed in my life. I feel like I failed most, if not all of them.”

I pulled her close and kissed her head, “Stop worrying so much. I’m sure you’ve done great on all of them D. Try and relax, it’s the last day of school!”

She sighed and this time I kissed her lips.

“Ahem” Someone cleared their throat and I turned to see Kelsey at my locker. Great.

“Nick, can I talk to you for a sec?”

“Kelsey, I don’t think -”

“It’s about the final.”

I could tell she was lying. I looked over at D and she looked highly irritated, “I’ll see you after class Nick.” She pulled me into a short but very passionate kiss, obviously to mark her territory and left to go to class.

“What do you want Kelsey?”

“You’ve been ignoring me Nick! What else was I supposed to do?”

“Leave me alone? I’m with D, don’t you get that?”

“You can’t just forget what happened between us, you kissed back.”

“Kelsey we both know that should’ve never happened.”

“But it did, Nick I want to be with you.”

“I’m sorry, I don’t. I have to go.”

--

“We’re done with finals! Done with another year of high school” I said with a smile.

“What am I going to do when you go off to college?” D pouted.

“Baby, nothing will change the way I feel about you. We’ll be fine! Why don’t we go out tonight to start our summer off with a bang?”

“Sounds like a great plan, I’ll meet you at your house around 7:30?”

--

“Wow, you look gorgeous.” I said as I greeted her at the door

“Thank you.” She kissed me.

“Hey, I’m almost done getting ready, give me a minute?”

She rolled her eyes but gave me the go ahead and I rushed up the stairs.

--

“Hi D. how are you doing? I haven’t seen you in a while.” Kevin said.

“I’m great. What about you?”

He shrugged, “I guess I can’t complain. Are you going out with Nick tonight?”

She nodded.

“Wow, I’m surprised that you’re so okay with Nick.”

“Of course, why wouldn’t I be?”

“I really thought you’d be mad about him and Kelsey.”

“What?” She asked

“And he didn’t tell you, did he? Shit.” He muttered, “I’m sorry D, I thought he told you.”

“No, he didn’t tell me anything.” Her voice was trembling.

“Alright, you ready to go?” I said as I came running down the stairs.

D stood up and walked past me like I wasn’t even there, “Babe, what’s wrong?”

“I’m going home Nick. Take Kelsey out with you tonight.”

My eyes darted to Kevin, he immediately raised his hands in defense.

“I thought you told her.” He said softly.

“Babe…,” I tried to reach out and grab her but she jerked her arm away, “I’m sorry.”

“I’m sorry I’m not her Nick.”

I tried to grab her once more, again she pulled away. Her eyes were filled with tears. “I don’t want you to be her, I’m perfectly happy with you D.”

She scoffed, “Right, what did you exactly do with Kelsey?” She was crying now, but I couldn’t answer her question. I didn’t know how to make it better.

“Forget it Nick. You’re more than welcome to go be with her now. We’re done.”

“D, please don’t. I made a mistake.”

“Fuck you Nick, I want nothing to do with you.”

“Baby, please let me explain.”

There was nothing I could do, she left my house slamming the door behind her.

“Thanks a lot Kevin.”

“Nick, I told you to tell her weeks ago. It’s not my fault you can’t be honest with her”

Summer was going to be fantastic fucking suck.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback is greatly appreciated :)