Sequel: Unhinged

All of Me

Your Eyes They No Longer Speak For You

~D's perspective~

Why don’t you just come over? Keep me company? The text read, I shook my head. What was I doing?

I can’t. You know I can’t. I replied

Please? He isn’t even here… I’m alone. The family went out. I decided to stay.

No, what if he comes home? I can’t see him!

You won’t. I promise.

Okay, be there soon..

I found myself at the Jonas residence, seriously what was I doing? Despite me feeling unsure of myself, I knocked on the door.

“Hey there.” He said as he pulled me into a hug.

“Hi.”

“You look good! You hangin’ in there?” He asked as he pulled me inside and shut the door behind us.

“Mhmm, I’m doing well despite the fact that summer is almost over” I said with a frown, I sat on one of their bar stools and watched him as he searched the fridge. He pulled out two beers.

“Do you want one?”

“What if your parents come home?” I asked

“Would you relax? They are all out for the day, they shouldn’t be back until around dinner time or so.”

“Okay.” I said as I took the beer from his hands and popped it open, taking a sip.

“See, relax and have some fun,” He said with a huge grin, “So what do you want to do?”

I shrugged, “I don’t know. Why don’t we play a game or something?”

“I can kick your butt in Mario Kart.”

“Is that a challenge?” I asked with a smirk.

“No, that’s a promise.”

“I’d like to see you try.”

I hadn’t had this much fun in, well, I guess all summer really. You see, as Nick and I became more distant. Joe and I became good friends, we spent more time together then we’d ever have. However his family, including Nick had no idea I was hanging out with Joe.

“I win again!” I practically yelled from excitement.

“Are you serious?” Joe said with a frown.

“And you thought you could beat me.”

“This game is dumb, let’s do something else.”

“Oh, you’re just mad because you keep losing” I stuck out my tongue at him.

“Oh really?” He raised his eyebrow at me.

“Mhmm.” I began scrolling through the levels menu.

He grabbed a strand of my hair and tucked it behind my ear, which caused me to look at him.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” I asked, I felt my cheeks turn red.

I didn’t like Joe, at least I didn’t think I liked him. In all honesty, I wasn’t even over Nick yet. I was just hanging out with Joe to fill this void.

Joe leaned in a bit, oh shit he was going to kiss me. Should I let him? What do I do? And then he did it, his lips met mine. The kiss started soft and progressively became deeper. I pulled away.

“Joe, I… I shouldn’t.”

He swallowed hard, “I’m sorry, I just -” He stopped himself and started another round of Mario Kart. I was confused.

“Joe?”

Once I got his attention, he was immediately kissing me again. He put his controller to the side and grabbed mine out of my hands before laying me down on the floor. He crawled on top of me, making the kiss more passionate. I needed to stop. I knew I needed to stop. I was just as bad for doing this as Nick was. I thought about how Nick would feel if he saw this and I broke away from Joe.

“Joe, I can’t. Nick would be so-”

Joe caressed my cheek, “Just kiss me for a while longer, he’ll never have to know.”

I groaned, “Joe I-”

He kissed me again.

“What the fuck?” The voice ripped through the room, I had never broken away from a kiss so fast in my life. I turned to see Nick standing in the hallway leading into the living room. Shit

“Are you fucking kidding me?” Nick entered the living room, throwing all of the items, looked like grocery bags, to the floor before making his way to Joe. He grabbed Joe by his shirt and he most definitely would have punched him if his parents didn’t walk in the room.

“What the hell is going on?” Their father asked.

“How could you do this to me?” Nick’s voice was trembling from anger.

Joe said nothing.

“Fucking answer me.”

“Nick, stop it right now,” His mom said, “Go to your room and relax. We all can talk once you’ve calmed down.”

He didn’t move an inch, he kept his eyes on Joe. His mom touched his shoulder and he turned to walk up the stairs.

“Maybe if you wouldn’t have cheated on her, this wouldn’t have happened.” Joe blurted out.

Nick lost it. He turned around and punched Joe as hard as he could in his face. It all happened so fast. Their dad pulled Nick off of Joe and screamed at him to go upstairs. Joe was bleeding from his nose, his mom brought him into the kitchen to help him.

“What in the hell is going on Joseph?” His father yelled.

“Paul, stop yelling. We will talk once everyone is calm.”

I snuck my way up to Nick’s bedroom. I needed to speak with him.

“Nick?” I said softly as I entered his room. He glanced at me.

“Get out”

“Can we talk?”

“No, get the fuck out.”

“Or what? You’ll hit me like you hit Joe?” I said cocking an eyebrow.

I saw his body loosen.

“I would never hit you.” He said softly.

I stepped closer to him. As I watched him, I realized I didn’t like Joe at all. He was just a good distraction, a distraction from Nick.

“Will you talk to me?” I asked, I daringly caressed his cheek.

He closed his eyes and embraced my touch but after a few second he pulled away. He pulled me onto the bed and agreed to talk.

“I didn’t mean for this to happen Nick."

He scoffed, “I wonder where I’ve heard that before”

“Nick, I’m sorry.”

“Now I know how you felt, if not worse.”

“It doesn’t feel good, does it?”

“What? Did you do this just to teach me a lesson?”

“No, I wouldn’t do that to you. Joe just did it out of nowhere.”

“D you don’t fucking get it, I’ve been completely broken this summer because of you. For me to see you with someone else, especially that someone being my brother, that kills me.”

“I don’t know what to tell you other than how sorry I am. I tried to stop him, I really did.”

“Tell me that you love me D,” He grabbed my hands, “Tell me that you’ll take me back. I’m sick of feeling this way. I’m sick of hurting. I want us to be together. I want this bullshit to end. Unless you want to be with other people that is…”

I shook my head, “Nick I just -”

Nick pulled me into a deep kiss. I missed his touch.

“I can’t fucking do this anymore,” He breathed, “I need you in my life. Forget Joe, forget Kelsey. It’s just you and me.”

“Is that what you want?”

“More than anything.”

He pressed his forehead against mine.

“Are you sure we can be okay with each other, just like that?”

“I’m more than willing to try. I’m willing to forget what I just saw downstairs, I need you D.”

“Can I think about it?”

He shook his head, “What is there to think about baby? Please, I literally can’t do this without you.”

He was right, why did I need to think about things? I missed him just as much as he missed me. I was honestly scared. I knew if we get back together. We would have major trust issues. I didn’t want my heart to be broken again.

“I love you Nicholas.”

He smiled.

“Really?”

I nodded.

“I promise, I won’t do anything to hurt you D.”

I was excited and scared all at the same time but after a long summer without Nick by my side.

I finally had my best friend back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Writing this chapter was a lot of fun.

Feedback is greatly appreciated!