Sequel: Unhinged

All of Me

I Need A Little Room To Breathe

"Can we please talk after school?"

D nodded her head hesitantly and continued onto her next class. Boy was I nervous.

We've never really spent any actual time apart, aside from the time I went on vacation to New York with my family for two weeks. Two weeks, that's the only time we'd spent apart since we were babies. I never really considered her more than a friend, I always thought she was absolutely stunning, but dating her always seemed too weird to even think about. Until she kissed me. That kiss put things into a different perspective for me. I couldn't let her know though, I was too afraid things would end badly and this relationship, this friendship we've had with each other since we were in diapers would be gone.

--

"Nick is everything okay?" D asked me with worry in her voice.

"I... I just think you and I need some time."

"Time?" She was very confused, "Time from what?"

"Each other D."

"What are you talking about? Is this because I kissed you because I told you it didn't mean anything Nick."

I shook my head, "That's why we need time. Just in case it did mean something. We need the time to let any feelings go away. Completely."

"Are you fucking kidding me?" She raised her voice, drawing attention to us.

"Shh, calm down."

"Fuck you." She said and she walked away from me.

Her words stung. That went worse than expected. I may have lost her for good. I was so stupid.

--

"Kelse what did I do wrong? Didn't I handle it correctly?" I asked sighing and I collapsed onto her bed.

"You did, and she's an idiot to not see where you're coming from. Besides you have a girlfriend, it's good you told her what you did" She said with a smile

"Then why do I feel like shit?"

She sat down next to me and cupped my face in her hands. She placed her lips on mine and started to kiss me passionately. As we kissed we started to lay down on her bed. She began to lift my shirt over my head but I pulled away from her.

She gave me a very confused look, "What's wrong?"

"I just can't do this right now Babe, I'm going to go home. I'll call you later."

--

Nick, can we please talk?

It was really late, 1:00 am to be exact. I honestly didn't know why I was still awake. I stared at her text for a bit and put my phone down. I couldn't be weak.

Nick please....

I sighed, I decided to just turn my phone off, but before I could do that another text came in

Nick I can't do this without you... I need you.

I couldn't handle this right now, I found myself very hurt and very confused. Why was I doing this? If I feel this way, why the fuck just not be with her?

But instead of going with my gut, I turned my phone off and called it a night.