Sequel: Unhinged

All of Me

When I Am With You There's No Place I'd Rather Be

I woke up the next morning feeling absolutely awful incomplete. Was it because in reality I really did want to date my best friend? Or was it because it just wasn’t normal for my best friend and I to not talk? I let an entire month pass between us, it was probably the hardest thing I’ve ever done. I passed her in the halls every day and it killed me, Kelsey knew something was wrong with me. I wasn’t the same guy I used to be. What sucked even more about not being friends with her, she started to treat me differently. She began to say rude things to me and act like we never were best friends.

--

“Nick you’re going to be late for school if you don’t leave the house right now!” I heard my Mother call.

I sighed, “Great another shitty day at my shitty school.” I murmured to myself.

I saw her on my way in, but I rushed right past her avoiding any contact. Why were we acting like little kids? I felt like I needed to end this, I absolutely had to talk to her.

--

The bell rang for lunch; I decided this is when I’d do it. She was with a group of girls; I began to walk up to her. I was just a few inches away from her when I chickened out and walked past her but that’s when I heard her mutter the words ‘Douche bag’ under her breath.

I stopped in my tracks, I had to stop this. Enough is enough! I turned around to see her walking away and I called out after her, “What did you say to me?”

She turned to face me; she looked surprised I said anything to her.

“Well, I called you a douche bag, because that’s what you are.”

“You’re still pissed at me?” I asked.

She raised her eyebrow at me; she obviously thought I had just asked the most stupid question anyone could ever ask.

“I think that ‘pissed’ is an understatement, Nick.” She began to get frustrated, “I’m absolutely livid. How could you treat me like that?! Me of all people! I’m the one person who cares most about you.”

She was still talking but I decided I really would end this right now and that’s when I walked right up to her and gave her the most passionate kiss a guy could give a girl. When I pulled away from her, her eyes were wide with surprise. She didn't expect that at all. Instead of me sticking around, I turned around and walked away.

Everyone at lunch just watched what happened, and they all were a bit taken aback as well. I heard some whistles. A few people muttered 'Oh my God' and 'How could he do that to Kelsey?' I ignored it. I didn't care anymore.

I slammed open the doors to our high school and headed straight for my car.

She was trailed right behind me, and she was calling out for me.

I stopped right when I got to my driver’s side door and turned to look at her.

“Why would you do that?” She asked softly.

I didn’t answer her at first, I didn’t quite know what to say.

“Well,” I started, “This past month has been hell for me and I think it made me realize something D.”

She stepped closer to me.

“And what did you realize?” She asked.

I swallowed hard and looked away but she put her hand under my chin and turned my face toward her once again.

“I realized that I like you.”

“You like me?”

“Yes…”

“What do you mean you like me?”

“C’mon, you know what it means.”

“Well tell me, I want to hear it from you.”

“Destiny, I want to be with you. I want to not only be your best friend but your boyfriend too.”

Her lips met mine and it was the most wonderful feeling.

“Finally.” She said with a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
What about Kelsey?!