Sequel: Unhinged

All of Me

Don't Put Your Life In Someone's Hands, They're Bound to Steal it Away

“How are you doing baby?” I asked.

She shrugged.

“My parents are going out of town tonight, do you want to sleepover?” I asked.

She shrugged again.

“Baby.” I said softly as I grabbed her hand

Tears fell from her eyes and I kissed her forehead.

“Sleepover tonight.” I said

“Okay.” She whispered

“I love you.” I said as I squeezed her hand.

--

“Okay now boys, you know the rules. No girls, even Destiny,” My Mom began and she directed her eyes toward me, “No leaving the house, I left money on the counter for pizza. Please my boys, be safe.”

“We will Mom, don’t worry.” Kevin said

“Go have fun! We’ll be fine!” Joe said

“Nick…” My mom started, “I mean it no Destiny.”

“Alright, alright. I won’t, go have fun. Love you guys.” I said

No D? Yeah, right.

Finally, they left, we had a whole weekend to ourselves!

“Hi Baby” I said as I wrapped my arms around her for a hug.

“I missed you.” She said as she squeezed me tighter.

“Mom said no Destiny, remember?” Joe said taunting me.

“Oh shut up.”

He walked away laughing.

“Let’s go upstairs.” I whispered to D and I led her to my room.

“Let’s watch a movie.” She said.

“Alright, let’s pick one.” I agreed, we scrolled through ‘Netflix’ for what felt like ages before we agreed on a movie.

I spent most of the time watching her instead of the movie.

“You’re beautiful.” I said.

She smiled.

“That’s the first time I’ve seen you smile in days.”

“I love you Nicholas.” She said.

I pulled her in for a deep kiss.

I wanted her.

I continued kissing her and I made my way on top of her.

I began kissing her neck and I ran my hands under her top to touch her breasts.

“Nick.” She breathed.

“Yes baby?” I mumbled.

“I don’t know if I’m ready.” She said.

I stopped kissing her and looked at her.

“If you’re not ready it’s okay, we don’t have to rush this.” I said as I got off of her and laid beside her.

“I just, I don’t know.” She said.

“It’s okay, no need to explain, really.” I said giving her another kiss, “You let me know when you’re ready, okay?”

“You’re amazing Nick.”

“I love you.”

--

“Nick, wake up!” I heard Kevin say.

“Nick!”

I turned toward him and opened my eyes, “What do you want Kev?” I asked groggily.

“Where’s Joe?”

“What do you mean where’s Joe? I don’t know. Call him.”

“I’ve tried, like twenty or so times he won’t answer. I’m worried.” Kevin said.

“I’m sure he’s fine, I’m going back to bed.” I said as I started to doze off again.

“Nick!” Kevin said shaking me awake.

“What Kev?” I asked.

“I’m going to go out and try to find Joe, stay here alright? I’ll be back shortly.”

“Mhmm” I mumbled and fell back asleep.

--

“Nick! Wake up!”

Not again, something was different this time though.

“Nick!” I heard D say this time as she shook me awake.

“What is it baby? Go back to bed” I said softly.

“Nick, we have to go. Kevin is in the hospital.” She said.

I sat up, “What are you talking about?” I asked rubbing my eyes.

“Babe, Kevin got in a car accident.” She said as she began putting her shoes on.

I got out of bed and looked at my phone, ten missed calls, it was three in the morning.

“I don’t understand” I said.

“Nick, we have to go baby.” She said.

I rubbed my head, “Alright let me grab my keys.” I said as I put a sweatshirt and shoes on.

We got in the car and began driving to the hospital and my phone began to ring again.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Nicholas! Where are you, are you almost at the hospital?” My Dad asked.

“I’m sorry, I’m coming.” I said.

“You should’ve been here already! Hurry up” He said with a harsh tone.

“You don’t think I know that Dad?” I began to raise my voice and D squeezed my leg, “I’m sorry, I’m almost there.”

He hung up without saying anything, I shouldn’t have yelled.

“Babe, try to relax.” D said calmly.

I sighed and squeezed her hand.

We arrived at the hospital and my parents were in the waiting room.

“How is he?” I ask as we entered the room.

“He’s in critical condition, they’re going into emergency surgery. A drunk driver hit him head on.” My Father said as I heard my Mother’s sobs in the background.

I pulled my Mom into a hug, “He’ll be alright Mom.”

My Mom pulled D into a hug and I pulled my father aside to speak with him privately.

“Where’s Joe?” I asked.

“We’re not sure, no one can get a hold of him. Nick, if Kevin survives this, he may not walk again.” My Dad said with a very serious tone.

This was unbelievable, how could something so drastic happen to D and now Kevin?

We sat in the waiting room for hours, it felt like days before a doctor came out to speak with my parents.

“Hey can I speak with you?” I heard a familiar voice say, I turned my head to see Joe trying to pull D aside.

“Where the hell have you been?” I nearly shouted.

Joe didn’t say a word, he looked at D and seemed anxious to speak with her.

“Joe I asked you a question, our brother is in critical condition and to top everything off he went looking for you! If he hadn’t done that he wouldn’t be in the hospital right now!”

Joe still said nothing.

“Nick, please calm down.” D said as she grabbed my arm, without thinking I pulled away.

“D can I please speak with you?” Joe said quietly.

“No you don’t need to speak with her Joe, who you need to speak with is Mom and Dad.”

Joe didn’t say a word to me and there was not much I could do as I watched D step outside with Joe.

“Do you want to go see Kevin?” My Dad asked me.

I nodded and slowly walked into Kevin’s hospital room.

Kevin

He didn’t look like himself, he was bruised and battered.

“Hi Kev” I whispered, he was sleeping.

“I’m glad you’re alright, I can’t believe this happened to you.” I began to sob.

I was furious, furious at Joe. This was his fault. It was his fault Kevin could never walk again.

I turned my head to see Joe standing in the doorway.

“Get the fuck out of here.” I spat.

D stood behind him, “Nick please, don’t act like this.”

“You don’t deserve to be here Joe, leave.” I said.

“I’m not going anywhere.”

“Fuck you, I hate you.”

“Nick, stop!” D said.

“If you wanna support him D, you leave too, you can’t be with me and and stand by Joe.”

“Are you serious Nick?” D said.

“Yes I’m serious, leave.”

“Nick, this is ridiculous. Don’t take it out on D, you’re mad at me not her.” Joe said softly.

“You need to stand by my side or his D, you can’t have both.” I said.

“Fuck you Nick.” She said as she walked out of the room.

Ouch.

Joe rolled his eyes at me and followed behind D. Maybe I shouldn’t have been so hard on her, I was just so angry. I ran out of the room after D.

“Baby, wait.” I said as I reached her.

“Leave me alone Nick.”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean anything I said, I’m just so angry.”

“I’m going home Nick, you need time.”

“How are you going to get home?” I asked.

“I’ll find a way.”

“Let me take you” I said softly.

“No, Joe can take me.”

Those words stung.

I let her walk away. What was I thinking?
♠ ♠ ♠
:) please comment let me know how you like this story!