Status: One Shot

The Heart Is a Muscle

One of one

The first time Alex met Jack they could safely say it was awkward as fuck. They did not speak a word to each other until they started practicing. It was their first band ‘meet’ which was actually just them sitting in Rian’s basement. Jack knew Rian who knew Zack who knew Alex.

They had agreed Alex would be the lead singer because come on, who had a better voice than him?

Starting a band was Rian and Zack’s idea and they needed a guitarist and lead singer.

Rian thought of Jack and Zack thought of Alex. And that was how they formed All Time Low. Alex as lead singer, Jack as lead guitarist, Zack as bassist, and Rian as drummer.

The four had got to know each other pretty well during the meet and they scheduled every Tuesday and Saturday for band practice.

The first actual band practice all All Time Low did was play covers of Blink-182’s songs and ate all of Rian’s food.

“You fat fucks! First band practice and you already ate all my food. Now you want to order PIZZA? And I thought I was the fat one.” Rian laughed.

“Hey! nobody can deny pizza! Now, Mr.Selfish, go order us some pizza!” countered Zack.

“Fine, what do you guys want?”

Zack answered first saying Hawaiian.

Alex and Jack apparently was too engrossed in their own conversation to hear what Rian ha said. They were giggling and Alex started playing jack’s abnormally long fingers, laughing at him.

Rian decided to leave them alone, they could just eat what Zack and himself ordered.

~|~

Alex and Jack had become very close friends over the years and they tend to show affection a lot. They cuddled, held hands, and always had to be touching each other somehow.

Alex was the first to realize his feelings towards Jack. He seemed to notice how the taller boy’s hips swayed, or how his smile made him unconsciously smile, or how his touches seem to tingle under his skin.

Jack on the other was oblivious to how Alex felt. Though he could not deny what he felt when he was with Alex. Jack always felt safe and proud when Alex was around.

~|~

The first of many kisses was when Jack was drunk.

Jack had been drinking every drink people handed him and it was not long before he got a little tipsy, and very touchy.

Jack saw Alex sitting at the bar with a half full beer in his hand.

“Lexyy!” Jack slurred as he sat in Alex's lap.

“Yes Jacko?” Alex replied soberly, absentmindedly playing with his skunk hair

“I’m drunk!” Jack giggled.

“Jack, how many have you had tonight? It’s not even 1 yet!” Alex laughed.

“I dunno. But it doesn’t matter! I can’t walk straight anymore.”

“Okay, I think it’s bedtime for you Jacky.” Alex laughed as he got up on his feet.

“But it’s so early Alex!” Jack pouted.

“I think your brain has gone to sleep after your third drink. Come one, lets go to bed.”

Alex dragged Jack back to the bunk areas and practically changed Jack himself.

He laid jack down on his bed and turned to walk back to the front lounge, but before he could take a step jack seized his hand and pulled him down to sleep next to him.

However, instead of landing next to Jack, Alex had ended up tripping on his own foot (of fucking course) and fell right on Jack, lips pressed together.

Alex quickly scrambled off Jack and stared at him with wide eyes.

Silence filled the bunk area except for their own heavy breathing.

“I’m cold.” Jack simply stated while pulling Alex to him and snuggling in to him.

~|~

When Alex woke up the next morning it was to Jack’s chest.

Jack had been awake already and was playing with Alex’s hair absentmindedly while staring at the wall in front of him

“Jack?” Alex croaked, damn mornings.

“Mhmm?” Jack hummed.

“Do..uh.. do you remember last night?”

Jack visibly tensed at Alex’s inquiry.

“Um, yeah, yeah I do.”

“What was going through your mind?”

“I, I don’t know Alex. I’m really confused to be honest.”

There was a long silence before Alex took a deep breath and spoke.

“Jack, I’m going to be honest with you. I like you. A lot. Man, I think I might even love you after all these years. please tell me what do you feel honestly”

“Alex, this is so sudden. I’m not sure how I want to respond to this. You know what my last relationship was like...” Jack sighed.

“I don’t think I’m ready yet. I’ve never, thought about this before...”

“It’s okay Jack, don’t strain yourself. Have you heard of the say "Your heart is a muscle"? Well you just need some working out to make it stronger. This can wait. We don’t need to mind this too much.” Alex gave a small smile.

In all honesty, Jack actually did not remember how the kiss felt so he couldn't really make up his mind. All he remembered from last night was that he and Alex had kissed. Jack really wished he could go back in time and relive that moment again though, because he was pretty damn sure it was fucking amazing even if it was just a press of their lips.

~|~

Two years. Two years have past and Alex and Jack’s feelings for each other only grew. They were much more intimate now and was practically glued together at the hips.

It was the very rare month or so when All Time Low did not have to tour that Alex and Jack was in their new house.

That, was also when the second real kiss happened.

"so uhh.. now what?" Alex and Jack was situated on the kitchen floor.

The two had been 'fighting' and just doing what best friends did. They were rolling on the ground tickling and tackling each other when Alex suddenly stopped for breathe and Jack was on top of him.

It was a scene where you would only see in movies. How two friends were just playing with each other and suddenly there is this sentimental moment between them.

That was exactly what it was like and Jack was gazing into Alex’s chocolate brown orbs. The two boys were not too sure who initiated it first but it sure as hell was not one sided.

The next second they found themselves with their lips pressed together and tongues down each others throats. To outsiders, Alex and Jack were pretty sure it looked like they were trying to swallow each other, and maybe they were with the way the're kissing.

The kiss was actually not at all like how they described it in movies or books, though I’m not even sure if it could be classified as just a kiss now.

Alex and Jack felt no fireworks or time slowing or any of those cliché similes and imagery. Alex felt Jack and Jack felt Alex. That was all and all that was needed.

Jack finally broke the kiss because air was long overdue needed.

Which brings us back to where they are positioned now.

“I’m, I...” Jack trailed off.

“Do you... do you want to try it out? It’s been a few years and I mean, it’s totally fine if you still wanna stay friends, it’s not like this hasn’t happened before anyways. I don’t mind. Well, I do, but I’m not tha-”

He cut Alex off with a kiss and Alex seemed to just melt into it. Jack had to suppress a giggle when he listened to Alex ramble.

They broke apart once again and both boys were beaming at each other.

“I’m guessing that’s a yes?”

“Yes! Yes yes yes you dumbass!”
♠ ♠ ♠
A little one shot for my Untitled awaiting subscribers. Sorry, school has been a bitch. Everything in this is so messy and unstructured and just, not very pleasing to me. I didn't really edit this because I'm off to babysit my niece now. Comments are appreciated.