Status: IN PROGRESSO

I Should Go.

B Positive

"Are you scared to see me, oh darling Alexandria?" Damon said, pushing his way into the house. I cursed myself for not having a human living in the house. "I'm not scared of YOU, Damon. I'm scared of HIM." I whispered, not taking my eyes off Stefan. "RELAX, Alex. I'm not going to hurt you." Stefan said with a sigh. "What, I'm supposed to believe that?" I shouted, stepping away from him. I was oblivious to the girls around us. All that mattered was that Stefan was there. My second biggest fear in life... Well, death.

------
It was 1914. I'd been turned for thirty years now, I knew the drill. I knew how to make myself scarce when I had to, which just so happened to be quite often. After Cassie had turned me, she’d run off to do her own thing, leaving me alone to fend for myself. Of course, I’d learned how to take care of myself, but I was nowhere near as strong as she was, being as she was three hundred years older than me. Three hundred and twenty, to be exact.

I’d somehow ended up in Dallas, Texas, after a long time traveling across the country. There was a small inn that I was staying in, run by a sweet old lady. Being as I was a vampire, and it was currently daytime, I was trapped inside until nightfall. There were two other occupants of the inn, one I’d yet to meet, and the other was a blonde girl by the name of Lexi. She and I had several run-ins over the course of my stay, and I found that I’d actually grown quite fond of her.

Night was finally starting to come down, and I was getting ready to go feed, but something stopped me. There were screams coming from the second floor of the inn, and as I was about to walk out the door, I turned back. I ran up the stairs to see Lexi standing in front of the door of one of the rooms, and I stared at the scene before me. There was a man, a vampire, looking at Lexi with blood covering the lower half of his face. The old woman that ran the inn was at his feet… and behind him, and on the walls… It was the most gruesome thing I’d ever seen someone of my kind do to anything, human or otherwise.

“Stefan, how COULD YOU?!” Lexi shouted. Stefan turned his gaze to me and ran at me, snapping my neck with ease. I fell to the ground, and everything went dark.
----

That was hardly the first time I’d met Stefan, and apparently the last time hadn’t been the last like I’d hoped. Our last run-in was in 1930, where he had killed an entire bar full of people. I broke free of my memories and looked up at Stefan, who was crossing his arms over his chest and staring at me. "You need to realize that I'm not who I used to be anymore, Alex. Lexi made sure of that. You have my word." He assured me. I glanced over at Damon, who shrugged and nodded. "You're more afraid of Stefan than Damon? Are you INSANE?" Bonnie said.

Damon smirked at me, his blue eyes bright with mischief. "What's she talking about? Damon's nice! He used to buy me food!" Cassie said with wide eyes. "That's your judgement on Damon's level of kindness?" Elena asked, raising an eyebrow. "We spent quite some time together. Last time I checked... Damon was nice." I muttered. "Wait. Wait. TOGETHER? You and Damon.... You....?" Elena said. Damon walked over to me, placing one hand on my shoulder and gazing into my eyes. "Oh, yes. We did. Lots of us doing. 10 years of it. 1907-1917. Before she even knew Stefan. We traveled the country together. Even took a ship across the ocean and spent a winter in Paris." Damon explained.

I frowned as he moved his free hand to my hair, twirling a lock around his finger. "I thought you had severe commitment issues, Damon." Caroline spoke up, cocking her head to the side. Damon's eyes moved to her face, though he didn't pull away from me. "Oh, I still do. Ten years isn't that long in a vampire's lifetime, doll." He answered. I jerked his face to look at mine again, and I slapped his cheek lightly. "Ten years was a very long time and you know it. What's this about you being as bad as Stefan." I growled. "I could never be as bad as Stefan. It's an exaggeration." He whispered in my ear.

I pulled away from Damon and headed for the door. "I need to go for a walk." I announced, walking outside. Stefan pulled away from where he had been with Elena, and I shook my head to put the idea of following me out of his mind. Of course, he didn't listen, and we headed out into the night together. "How do you stay in the sun?" Stefan asked me. I led him to the lake behind my house, and held up the ring on my finger. "Damon had one made for me decades ago. A year after we first started seeing each other." I answered, sitting on the bench I'd had put in.

Stefan took a seat beside me, placing his chin in his hand. "Damon's the one who wanted to come see you. He overheard Caroline telling Bonnie and Elena about you, and he jumped at the chance. But you have to be warned... He's not the same person he used to be." He explained. "Apparently you two switched roles on me?" I said softly. Stefan chuckled and leaned back against the bench to stare into my eyes. "I think you were his chance to get over Katherine for awhile, you know. She's out of the picture for good. Apparently he's realized what she really is."

"I came to Mystic Falls to start over, Stefan. Not pick up where I left off almost a century ago." I stared out at the reflection of the moon, biting down on my nails. "I'm sorry for all the pain I put you through... If that helps at all. I'm hoping we could start over." Came his answer. "I'd love to start over with you, Stefan, but I want to distance myself from Damon as much as possible." "You don't have to worry about that. New Damon won't want anything to do with you." A voice whispered in my ear. I tensed up at Damon's breath against my cool skin. "Good. Now get the hell off my property, 'New' Damon." I hissed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Thanks for checking out my stories:) also, please do me a favor and if you like Tony Stark, go take a peek at Check Yes Julia's story Ravageuse:)