Hope and Her Gift

Hope: William Reinstein

"You do know this is a wild goose chase, right?" Anya asked me as we started walking down the sidewalk.
"What do you mean?" I kicked a small stone.
"Well, you saw him once and you don't know where he lives or where he is staying if he doesn't live here." Anya moved her arms around.
"We'll find him. And when we do..." I tapped the rope that was hanging on my shoulder. "We'll catch him, and get to the bottom of things."
Anya sighed. "This should be interesting. But I still think finding him isn't going to be as easy as you think." Just at that moment someone bumped into me.
"William Reinstein!" I yelled.
"What?!" William yelled. Before he knew anything though, I was wrapping the rope all around him. He tried as well as he could to get out of what she was doing, but apparently I was stronger then he was. "Wow. Is this some sort of ritual this town has with visitors? And geez you're strong." The whole time he was squirming trying to get out of the rope.
"Yeah well when you are constantly in trouble, you get to be pretty strong." I patted my upper arm. "You're coming with us though. We just have a few questions."
"Do I have a choice?" William asked.
"Well, yes." I said with a smile. "You can stay tied up for the rest of your life." I put out my left arm. "Or..." I said putting out my right. "You can answer our questions and find out if we like your answers enough to untie you."
"I'll take choice number two." William said.
"I thought you'd see it my way." I grabbed William by the shoulder and started pulling him along. "So what are you doing in our little town?"
"Just...sightseeing."William was hesitant.
"Yes. Corn fields are very exciting." I chuckled. Then I quickly turned my head back to William. "So what are you really doing here?"
"My dad wanted to come here. So we're here." William said.
"You like to leave out information. That won't get you out of the rope."
"You know, you're friend hasn't said anything yet." William turned his head toward Anya.
Anya laughed. " I'm just watching Hope be Hope and seeing how you're reacting."
"Right." William said.
"Back to the subject. What's really going on?" I snapped my fingers.
"Look, my dad is looking for somebody. Wants to," he put his fingers up as quotation marks, "settle a score. Does that make you happy now?"
"Why are withholding so much information?" I asked.
"Dad swore me to secrecy. Give me a break!" William tried to raise his arms in the air only to remember he was tied up.
"I see." I put my hand on my chin. "Well, that's interesting. Come on. It's not like I know your dad or anything."
"Will you untie me if I tell you?!"
"Yes."
"Alright. Look, my Dad is after this girl named Fay Danford. My grandfather went to jail because of her. My Dad was adopted and then looked up my grandfather, but by the time they find him, grandfather was in jail. Not to long after Dad changed his name to Reinstein, his biological name, and vowed to find Fay Danford and make her life miserable. He's figured she must be within a 50 mile vicinity of this place." The whole time William told his story, my eyes grew wider.
"Thank you." Then I untied him. "Come on Anya, we should probably go check and see what's going on at home."
We parted ways with William Reinstein.