Hope and Her Gift

Hope: No violence in the Hotel

The motel was booked for Tuesday night. Completely booked. Anya and I were making our reservations just when William Reinstein walked in.

"My dad wants a reservation for the next week." he said simply.

"Sorry kid, we are sold out for tonight."

"Well, then we'll just get reservations for tomorrow night."

"Nuts." I stomped my foot. I hadn't even thought of that.

"Hope Scavinsky." William smiled. "What are you doing here?"

"Just reserving a room for the night."

"Don't you live around here?" William quipped.

"Yes. But..." I shifted weight to my other foot. "I have my reasons."

"Oh" just looked at me.

"Ah, well, I need to finish paying." I said. I really didn't know what else to say.

"Wow." Anya muttered. Why did she say wow?

"The one who doesn't talk much speaks." William turned toward Anya. Suddenly the door swung open.

"William, did you get that reser..." the man that entered didn't even finish his word, much less his sentence.”Fay Danford!" he pointed straight at me. That was my mom's maiden name, Danford. Then he started the chase.

"Dad! That's not Fay Danford!" William yelled.

"Well, she must be her daughter then! And that's good enough for me!" William's dad replied. He had me cornered. The hotel manager came up behind and grabbed him by the hands.

"I will not have violence in my hotel!" he yelled.

I looked up. "Thank You God." I said prayerfully.