Hope and Her Gift

Hope: Convincing Anya

"Anya! Wake up!" I said while jumping up and down at the foot of her bed. My necklace bobbed up and down with me. I needed to keep my mouth open to let it drop out of my mouth. I had taken off my shoes before getting on her bed. I know she would have been annoyed if I hadn't, she is a little bit of a clean freak. Not to much of one, but still enough to be annoyed about shoes on her bed. Anya opened one eye and peeked cautiously at the clock on the stand next to her bed. Then she closed her eye and rolled over.

"What are you doing here, Hope? It's only 8:30 and it's summer." She mumbled. "Besides, who let you in here?"

"Your mom did of course." I answered matter of factly. "We've got to go over and find out why our lives were threatened yesterday. Don't you want to know?"

"Not really." Anya groaned. "I just want to sleep."

I walked up to where Anya's head was, then I bent down so my mouth was right near Anya's ear. I knew exactly what would get her up. Then I whispered, "Michael's taking us over there."

Anya sprang out of bed. "We should find out what happened!" She said with her finger up in the air. "Let me get dressed and we can go!"

I sauntered out of Anya's room, shut the door, and gave a little laugh. "Telling her my brother's taking us get's her every time." I bumped into Michael. He was wearing shorts with a rip in them and a t-shirt that had the Pepsi logo on it. I'm sure if Anya was describing him, she would've said more about his face and his eyes and all of that. Dreamy or something. Whatever. I guess he's not her brother, so it's cool.

"She coming?"

"Yep, she'll be out in a minute. I guarantee it." Before I said the word minute Anya ran out of her room, dressed in her denim shorts and an over ironed v-neck. She came to an abrupt stop next to me, and announced, "I'm ready! Let's go!"

Both my brother and I rolled our eyes. We both knew why she came out so quickly.