Hope and Her Gift

William: We migrated, again

I was so glad that I only had one more year before I was a legal adult. This meant that I wouldn't have to live with dad, anymore. No more constant moving around while he looked for Fay Danford. No more constantly listening to him talk about the fact that the demons wanted him to go here or there to find her. I never saw or heard the demons, but I knew they were there. It was terrible, because I was a Christian and my dad followed demons around and legally, I had to stay with him.

My mom died when I was nine. We didn't do ANY of this until she died. Basically my mom would never have let my dad act like this, so I have an awful feeling that the demons killed her somehow.

Anyway, you're probably wondering why my dad was after Fay Danford. It's kind of complicated. My dad was put up for adoption as a baby. Well, when he turned 22 or so, he got into contact with his biological father. Where was his biological father you ask? In jail, for life. Fay Danford had testified against him in court about killing a woman and so my dad was angry. He wanted to get to know his biological father in a normal way, not through jail bars. To make a long story short, my dad decided to change his last name to the one he would've gotten through biology, and plotted revenge.

Well, we were somewhere in the mid west. Apparently we were getting close. Luckily, while my dad walked around looking for this girl, I didn't have to. So, I thought I'd check out the schools and the churches in the area. I was really hoping we woudln't move again before my next birthday. That would be amazing.

I checked out the Christian school. Looked nice, but that's not what really caught my eye. When I walked out the door, I bumped into this girl. She had to be 16 or 17. Said her name was Hope Skavinsky. Her blue eyes, when I saw them glistened in the sun. She had a sarcasm about her, and she also looked almost exactly like the pictures of Fay Danford my father had. I was miffed. Instead of just talking to her like normal, I was half asking questions, that really didn't make any sense. She had a really firm grip when she shook my hand. I don't know. I knew one thing, I wasn't going to tell my father. If this girl was Fay Danford or related to her, I didn't want my father near her, and as much as I didn't want to move, again, I'd rather not have him hurt this beautiful girl.