Hope and Her Gift

William: Trying to convince dad

I was sitting one of the beds in the hotel room trying to find something to watch. I settled for the last half of Finding Nemo and laid down to laugh and enjoy. Just as Marlin was again correcting Dory on Nemo's name, my dad walked in.

"We really are close," he said as he opened a drawer and grabbed some socks out of it.

I sighed. I really couldn't figure out a way to get him out of this town. "Well, you've said that before." I tried.

"Yeah, but this time..." he shook his head. "This time they say that's she's definitely here."

"Come on dad. You've been searching for 8 years." I fumbled the words out of my mouth. "Don't you think it's time to let go? You know, sit and watch Finding Nemo with me, and then move to a town that's, you know, not full of corn fields, and live out the rest of your days in peace and quiet?"

"Fay Danford is going to pay for what she did!" my father's tone turned angry.

"It was years ago dad." I sat up.

"Yes, and soon it will all be over." My dad laid down. "Turn off the tv, we've got a lot of searching to do tomorrow." He turned over to go to sleep.

I shut off the tv. Convincing dad didn't go so well. I wasn't surprised though, I had used all my best arguments at other times and never gotten anywhere. I shut off the tv. Let me just let you know, I didn't sleep well at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short I know, but I needed to put it down before losing it.