Hope and Her Gift

Hope: Piecing things together

"But when they let mom come back to her real life, they told her that all who would want to hurt her were gone." Michael said as he got out three sodas from the refrigerator. They had all gone back to the Scavinsky house.

"Maybe the research missed somebody. I'm telling you the guy said his last name was Reinstein. The only thing that's weird is that he said his dad had 20 or so year old pictures of somebody who looks like me." I had my hand on my hip.
"Have you seen pictures of mom when she and dad were in college?" Michael said looking at me "You guys look very similar. You might look a little different, because well, you're 16 and she was 20 in those pictures."

"I don't look like mom." I said, my voice popping, and my head shaking. Anya and Michael looked at me with that look that says, oh yes you do. "Ok." Isaid quickly. "I do, look a little like mom." I shook my leg a little with my hand still on my hip.

"So, remind me again, about the Reinsteins. My parents have told me the story, but since they weren't quite as involved it's not as good of a story." Anya said.

"Professor Reinstein and the campus pastor were in cohorts with demons. Mom and Uncle Matt didn't know that, so when they saw the demons, they said something to the pastor. Eventually Reinstein threatened mom with a gun, there was a whole long chase. Then Reinstein killed a lady in front of mom, she told the truth on the witness stand, and then went into the witness protection program, but apparently anybody that would mean to harm mom was taken care of and so they let her assume her real life." Michael explained.

"Oh yes, that does ring a bell." Anya said, with her hands on her chin. "What happened next?" She asked looking at my brother with a silly look on her face. That same silly look she always gave my brother when she thought he didn't notice. I'm pretty sure he did, but he just moved on anyway.

"That, that's basically the story, Anya." Michael said with a raised eyebrow.

"So, maybe whoever got missed, is back to come after mom, and saw me and came after me." Hope said.

"Man. You didn't even say anything to anybody, and you're in trouble again." Michael said.

"Michael's right." said Anya, as she broke her gaze on my brother.