Sequel: Red.
Status: Complete; Sequel coming soon!

A Face to Call Home

Chapter Seven

Harry’s New American Girl!

Harry has seemed to be a bit busy with a new girl lately with taking her to dinners and even a tour around the city a couple weeks ago! He seems to be infatuated with the girl from America.

We found out through some sources that her name is Kaylin Steele and she’s actually Harry’s age! What a change from Caroline to this beautiful young lady!

He even tweeted, “had a wonderful day taking my American girl out in London!” and posted a picture of the two of them standing in front of Big Ben! How cute!

What do you think? Are they dating or do you think they’re just good friends? From the way Harry looks at the girl, we’d say he’s completely smitten!


My eyes quickly scanned the small article Eleanor was showing me. “Harry’s American girl?” I asked questionably. “He just tweeted a friendly tweet and that picture hardly says, ‘we’re dating!’” I heard Eleanor laugh from the kitchen. I shut the laptop and laid it on the couch next to me.

“Well, it’s been about a month now and you two have been texting non-stop and going out. I think it’s time for you to admit you fancy him, Kay,” she stated obviously, walking out of the kitchen to the main room.

“I do not like him and he doesn’t like me!” I protested, crossing my arms and sitting back in the cushions. She let out a loud laugh, throwing her head back.

“You have got to be joking me. He’s in love with you Kaylin and everyone but you see it! Even the people in the magazines and journals can see it! I wish you would just get out of that head of yours and really see the way he acts around you.” I bit my lip softly, turning my body to face her.

“How do you know he really likes me? He could just be really happy to be friends with me. It’s a privilege, you know, to be friends with me? I never talk to people and let alone let them in.” She rolled her eyes at me, making a small smile appear on my face.

“That right there just shows how much you actually trust the boy. He practically knows everything about you and you two have only known each other for a month.” I sighed before finally saying what she has wanted to hear ever since I met Harry.

“Okay, okay. I do. I like him, a lot. More than I should but I can’t help it. But I don’t want to because it’s only a couple weeks into my classes and I don’t want a reason to slack off. Plus, he’s an international popstar, he’ll be traveling again soon and I don’t want to be stuck here without him if we do end up together. I’d miss him too much,” I admitted, rambling on about my feelings. “I want to be able to have a relationship where I can be with him as much as possible. And if I’m missing him I won’t want to do anything and I’ll slack off in school. I also don’t want to fall in love with him where everything I do has to involve him and I’ll want to spend my time with him instead of getting my sch–“

“Kaylin!” Eleanor interrupted. “Look, you’re thinking way too far ahead in the future. And you worry too much about school. You’ll be fine, you’ve been handling it well the last couple of weeks with keeping a balance between studying and going out with Harry. And don’t worry about him being gone. Louis and I do it all the time and we always work out times to see each other while he’s away. Plus, there’s a thing called a computer where you can skype Harry!”

“Ugh, I know. I just,” I stopped, laying my head back against the back of the couch, keeping my eyes on the ceiling. “I don’t know if I can handle this whole boyfriend thing. It’s all new and everything.” I hesitated before quickly saying the next thing, “And I’m embarrassed about the fact that I’ve never kissed a boy and I don’t want to be a bad kisser…” My face flushed red as I told her my fear.

“Awe! Well, don’t worry about it. Harry will teach you I’m sure!” She exclaimed and I rolled my eyes. She laughed and stretched, yawning. “Well I’m going to go to sleep now. I’ll see you in the morning, okay?” I nodded and looked down and saw Mom flashing across the screen.

“Hey momma,” I said quietly.

“Hey baby girl, how are ya? How’s London treating ya so far?” Her southern accent filling my ears; a smile evident in her voice. I heard a shout in the background, my brother shouting for the remote. Lazy asshole.

“Oh, it’s wonderful Ma. I love it here and the people, they’re so different from Americans it’s great. I fit in so well here,” I said softly with a quiet laugh. I heard her chuckle on the other side, a small smile forming on my lips. “You know my roommate Eleanor?” I heard a small ‘mhm’ before continuing; “well she introduced me to her boyfriend, Louis. He’s in a band called One Direction.”

“Oh yeah! I’ve heard of them, they’re quite famous here in the states. What’s he like?”

“Oh, he’s hilarious. He’s so much fun to be around. I met the other four boys Zayn, Niall, Liam, and Harry. They’re all so nice and they’re so much fun,” I said laughing. “The other day when we were all hanging out, we were baking cupcakes and Liam slipped on some water causing the flour to fly everywhere. Niall then proceeded to rub butter down Liam’s cheek. Louis grabbed a handful of frosting and ran it through Niall’s hair. Then Harry smashed an egg on Zayn’s head, and Zayn hates it when his hair gets ruined, so he poured sugar down Harry’s pants. It was so funny; Eleanor and I were dying laughing. Thank goodness we were not in our apartment. The whole thing was absolutely ridiculous.” My mom chuckled through the entire story.

“Well, baby, it sounds like you’re having a blast out there. I miss you so much. It’s so different without having you at home.” I heard a small sniffle through the phone.

“Oh, mom, don’t cry. I miss you too, but I’ll be home before you know it. I know I can’t come home for Christmas but next year in May, I’ll be home.”

“I know, I know. It’s just that Christmas won’t be the same without you here.” She sighed softly. “Have you figured out what you are going to do yet for the holiday?”

“I honestly don’t know. I think I might be alone, but I’ll be okay,” I answered truthfully, the feeling of loneliness really settling in making my heart feel heavy. The tears filled my eyes quickly and I took a deep breath, holding back tears. “I’m sure I’ll figure something out, but I got to go Ma, it’s nearly eleven here.” I bit my lip softly, trying to hold back a sob.

“Oh, that’s right. I’m sorry I called so late. I’ll have to remember the five-hour time difference. I’ll be sure to call earlier next time. I love you baby girl.” I heard some mumbling in the background. “Oh and your father says he loves and misses you too. Have a goodnight, sleep tight and don’t let the bedbugs bite.” I let out a shaky laugh as a tear fell down my cheek. “Goodnight, Kay.”

“Goodnight, Ma. I love you guys,” I said softly, my voice straining to keep back a sob. The line went dead a second later and I let out a small sob, the tears flowing down my cheeks. I looked around the room, wiping away my tears before I stood up and grabbed my sweater, pulling it over my oversized t-shirt. I grabbed my phone and my keys and walked out the door.

The tears felt cold against my cheeks as the brisk air hit my body harshly. I continued to walk in the cold air for a while before turning down a familiar street and walking up the steps to the door. I pulled the door open, walking into the empty, warm lobby. I kept my head down as I headed across the main lobby to the elevators, tears falling to the floor. I pressed the button and waited what seemed to be hours before the elevator doors opened and stepped in, pressing the fifth floor button. The soft music played softly until the bell dinged and the doors flew opened.

When I arrived to the familiar black door, I knocked softly. I used the sleeves of my sweater to wipe away the flowing tears. I heard footsteps approach the door and the lock turn quickly. I looked up when the door opened to a pair of blue eyes squinting in the lights. Louis yawned softly before flicking on the light to the small foyer. “Kaylin, are you okay?” He asked softly. I shook my head and he pulled me into the large apartment, closing the door. He wrapped his arms around my small frame and held me tightly. My arms hung loosely around his torso and he kissed my cheek. “I’ll go get Harry for you,” he whispered into my ear and I nodded, watching him disappear down the hall of the apartment.

I hugged myself, standing in the main room sniffling quietly. My head lifted up once I heard someone walking closer to me. My eyes met his emerald green ones and he smiled tiredly but it fell once he saw the tears starting to pour from my eyes. I had been good about holding them back but once I saw Harry, they just forced their way out and when he wrapped his arms around me, I lost it. I didn’t care that he was nearly naked in his boxer briefs or that I looked like a mess. I needed him to hold me and to comfort me, and I have never felt the need to need someone before. So I just cried uncontrollably into his bare chest, clutching onto him while he just held me and kissed my head a few times.

A few minutes after I had starting crying, I felt him bend down and lift me up, holding me bridal style. I wrapped my arms loosely around his neck and buried my face into his neck as he carried me to his bedroom. He turned on the bedside lamp and crawled onto the bed still holding me closely before laying us both down and keeping me in his arms. Our legs tangled together, one of mine between his as he let his feet brushed against mine. His hand found its way up the back of my sweater, slowly rubbing my bare back.

Harry didn’t question me once, as I lied there crying in his arms and I appreciated that. I just needed to let out all of my sadness and I needed someone to hold me as I did.

I slowly pulled away, wiping my tears away. He pulled his hand out from under my sweater and brushed his thumb across my cheeks, catching the tears. His eyes searched my piercing blue ones for some kind of answer but he didn’t push me to give him any kind of explanation. Instead, he continued to stare into my eyes and wipe away my tears. I sniffled softly before wrapping my arm around him and hugging him tightly, my hand pressing into his bare back. “Thank you,” I whispered softly against his warm neck. I felt him press his soft lips against my temple.

“Anytime, love.” I pulled back, laying my head against the same pillow as his, keeping our faces close. He lifted up his hand, pushing a strand of hair wetted by my tears out of my face.

“I miss home,” I said in a thick voice. He ran the back of hand softly down my cheek, over my neck and down to my hand intertwining our fingers before lifting it to his mouth and kissing the top softly. “I miss my obnoxious mother, my overprotective dad and my annoying ass of a brother. I miss my old room and my mom’s home-cooked meals. I miss my dogs,” I told him as he kissed each of my knuckles softly, causing my heart to flutter uncontrollably. He pulled his fingers from mine, grasping my wrist softly and kissing the inside of my palm gently, keeping his eyes on my slightly wide ones. My breathing hollowed when he continued to press soft kisses along the inside of my hand.

He pulled away and placed my arm around his neck. He rested his hand high on my ribcage, his thumb stroking the spot there softly while his eyes roamed my face slowly. “I know you do,” he finally responded. “I can see it in your eyes when we’re together even though you never told me. I could tell when you would see something that would remind you of your brother or your parents and tell me.” I stared at him and mindlessly starting to play with the curls on his neck softy. I saw him close his eyes and watched his chest rise and fall as he took in a deep breath. His hot breath hit my face softly through his parted lips and my eyes flashed to his lips when he licked his lips almost teasingly.

I swallowed back the nerves that were forming in my chest and his eyes flew opened when I stopped my fingers. “Don’t stop,” he practically begged, using the hand on my ribcage to push me closer to him. Our noses barely brushed each other, his naked chest almost pressing against my sweater-clad chest and my breathing hitched, my lips parted. His eyes fluttered closed when I twirled a curl around my index finger, a soft humming noise coming from him. I pulled my lip between my teeth, a burst of nerves bursting in my stomach. He had no idea of the things he did to me.

“Harry?” My voice came out thick and heavy, making my cheeks burn up. He gave a small ‘hmm’, his chest vibrating against mine. “Will you sing to me?” I didn’t mean to sound so desperate but I needed to hear his voice. He opened his eyes slowly, a small smile forming on his luscious pink lips and he nodded.

“What do you want me to sing?” He asked huskily.

“I don’t care,” I answered honestly. He contorted his face a bit thinking of a song to sing then his eyes brightened as he came up with a song.

”I've been roaming around, I was looking down at all I see. Painted faces fill the places I can't reach. You know that I could use somebody. You know that I could use somebody,” he sang softly. I listened to him sing, my eyes involuntarily glancing down to his lips every so often. My fingers continued to play with his hair slowly and his chest buzzed as he sung the words. His tongue darted over his lips when he finished the song.

“Thank you,” I barely squeaked out. He gave me a small smile and let his nose brush mine softly. I let my eyes fall close; feeling his breathing hit my lips softly.

“Kaylin?” I hummed in response, feeling his hand creep up my back slowly. “I’m going to kiss you.”

“Wh–“ I was cut off by his soft lips pressing themselves onto mine causing my eyes to open wide. I had no idea what to do; it was all so foreign to me. It was all overwhelming but it erupted a whole new feeling inside of me and I didn’t know what it was. I knew I liked it though. My eyes flew shut as he began moving his lips against mine, encouraging mine to move with his and they did, hesitantly at first. My lips moved on their own, my mind instantly shutting off and letting my body take control. His hand crept up to the back of my head, threading his fingers into my hair and his lips moved much more urgently against mine. My fingers intertwined themselves into his soft curls and a quiet groan rippled through his chest as I tugged on his curls softly.

Harry removed his hand from my locks and grabbed my thigh, hooking my leg around his waist. I gasped into the kiss when he grinded his pelvis to mine and he let his hand trail up my thigh to my bottom. He trailed sloppy kisses down my neck, leaving me absolutely breathless. A soft moan flew through my lips when I felt him gently bite down on my skin on the base of my neck. My fingers pressed into his bare back as he continued to suck and place sloppy kisses on the base of my neck. My toes curled making my leg that was hooked onto his waist, wrap itself around his leg tightly.

My breathing came out ragged and heavy as he continued his attack on my neck, his curls tickling my cheek. He lightly slid his tongue over the place his lips had just attacked and then kissed his way back to my lips, moving them tenderly against mine. He softly pecked my lips, then my forehead, my cheeks, my nose, and then my lips once again. He pressed his forehead against mine with his eyes closed. The kiss had left me gasping for air and my body on fire. I glanced down at his slightly swollen lips and over his lightly flushed face. Before I knew it, I had let out a breathy giggle and my eyes widened when his opened quickly. I bit my lip smiling and his face broke out into a lopsided grin, his dimples appearing and his eyes turning a bright green color.

“What?” He breathed out. I just smiled trying to breathe normally and not being able to say anything. “Ah, speechless now are we?” I just let out a shaky laugh, the butterflies swarming around my stomach. He brushed his fingertips down the side of my face, his eyes wandering about my face.

“What just happened?” I asked finally. He let out a small chuckle.

“I think we just kissed,” he stated obviously with a smirk. “And you just shared your first kiss with me,” his voice lowered softly as his smirk turned into a more serious face.

“Yeah,” I said faintly, sliding my fingers over his toned arm. I buried my face into his neck, yawning. He moved us a little to pulled the comforter over our bodies and then settled back into place, pressing his cheek to my head. I listened to his rapid heartbeat slow down and his soft breathing, my eyelids beginning to feel heavy. I felt him pull away once again to turn the lamp off and then wrap his arms tightly around me.

“Do you feel better now, love?” I just nodded, clinging onto him. He fell silent and his breathing slowed down, I thought he had fallen asleep but his deep, raspy voice filled my ears once again. “I like you, Kay. I like you a lot.”

“I like you too, Harry.”
♠ ♠ ♠
THEY KISSED! AND ADMITTED THEIR FEELINGS! KVNOSDHLSKDNVFJSD! So, there you have it, an update. That was pretty intense for a first kiss, don't you think? But it kind of shows how badly Harry wants/needs Kaylin. Yay... Sorry I took so long :) but I made up for it with a long chapter! :D

Thank you to theses lovelies for commenting!

unbroken13
ShawnieRiot
xomrsmalikxo
Leslie.

Hopefully an update will be up soon but it might be a few days!