Truth or Dare

The Day That Saved Us

Day and night I was at the hospital determined to make Pete wake up. I had written a new song for Pete, called Fade Away, and I hummed it at his bedside. Patrick was always there too, scared for his best friend. He was quiet most of the time, just sitting and staring at him. But there were times when we had amazing conversations.

"I have so much to thank Pete for." He suddenly said one day.

"Like what?" I sat up straight.

"For believing in me mostly. I was just this awkward kid before he found me." He pushed his glasses back and cleared his throat of a sob.

So many people have been graced by Pete's existence, I guess in the hard times we forget that. Hundreds of fans have sent 'Get Well Soon!' cards, while his friends and family have come to visit. He was a legend, and I'd be damned if I'd let him die.

His vitals keep on improving, so now all we need is for him to wake up. I felt like I had all these things to tell him, all these realizations I've made about myself. About us. We've been nothing but strangers living in the same house the past year. I wanted to know Pete inside and out again.

I knew I didn't want to be me without him any more. We are Jack and Sally, meant to be no matter what.

I felt a familiar pair of hands land on my shoulders and bring me back to reality. I turned around to smile at Ryan.

"Hey Ryro, how are you?"

"Someone seems to be in a good mood." He smiled to me.

"Yea, I'm just excited for when Pete wakes up. Everything will be back to normal, and I can be in his arms again." I grabbed onto Pete's hand and gave it a squeeze.

"Wait, what? You're going to go back to him?" His eyebrows knit together in confusion.

All I could do was nod my head; "Yes."

"You're going to forgive him?" Ryan was almost yelling now.

"Yes.. This has taught me life is too short. I love him."

Ryan jumped out of the chair he was sitting on and beelined for the door; "You're fucking ridiculous, you know that?" And with that he was gone.

I shook my head trying to figure out what just happened with Ryan. Why was he so mad? Shit happens in life and you move on, that's just what you have to do to survive.

I crawled into bed next to Pete and wrapped my arms around his torso. I melted into the warmth of his body, and remembered how we used to cuddle in bed for hours. Our bodies fit perfectly together.

Suddenly I felt a hand grab onto mine causing me to jump. Pete was rapidly blinking and looking around.

"PETE!" I yelled louder then I should have. My hands instinctively grabbed onto his face and my lips crashed into his.

"W-what?" Pete croaked out; "W-where am I?"

"You're in the hospital you idiot! You tried to kill yourself!" I was suddenly angry at him, and started gently slapping his arms; "Don't you ever fucking do that to me again!" I again kissed him hard.

"I'm sorry." He cried.

"I love you, I love you so much Peter Panda. I need you in my life, always." I was crying now too, so relieved he was awake.

"I love you too, I never want to leave you, Juliet."

We were both crying and hugging and kissing. Our hands were exploring each others bodies, thankful that we still could.

Pete pulled away and caught his breath; "Will you marry me?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the quick update!!!
I just really wanted to get at least a little something posted!!
Thank you for taking your time to read and comment. I love you all =)