Status: Don't let me leave it unfinished! I'm really stoked about this story and I've spent the last few days writing like crazy. (:

Oh Love

Let's Be Animals

“Alex, you’ve got to be kidding me.”

We were sitting in his car looking at the group of people in the middle of one of the many bridges in Maryland. I watched in horror as one couple jumped off the bride, bound together, grinning about the whole thing. Alex wanted to take me bungee jumping. Off a bridge.

“Odette, I’m completely serious. It will be so much fun.”

“It will not! We could die, Alex!”

He rolled his eyes. “At least we’d die together.” He snorted and began laughing. “Sorry, that was really cheesy. I just couldn’t stop myself.”

I shook my head. “Alex, I can’t do this.”

“You can. I’ll be there. We’ll go together.”

I bit my lip. There were so many other things we could do that didn’t involve my possible death. “Have you ever been bungee jumping?” I asked.

“No. But I’ve been told by a handful of people that it’s fun.”

“If Jack is one of those people I am getting out of the car and walking home.”

He laughed. “Jack’s never been. But maybe I’ll take him sometime.”

“You’re an idiot.”

He grinned. “Please?”

I sighed. “Fine.”

“Yes!” He did a victory dance as best he could in the car and I told myself to breathe.

I couldn’t believe we were spending my second day off like this. And I couldn’t believe I had just agreed to do this. I glanced at Alex and he squeezed my hand. I took a deep breath and tried not to throw up. If I was being honest, this was something on my ‘bucket list’. Not that I had much of one.

We headed for the group of people and waited in line. Alex didn’t let go if my hand and I just kept reminding myself to breathe. This was not something I was prepared for and I was hoping I wouldn’t hate him after it. I doubted I would, but still. I’d never admit it, but I was kind of curious about it. And there was a small daredevil part of me that wanted to try it. But it was a very small part.

As we walked up to the instructor the thought of throwing myself off this bridge was making me want to vomit more than it did earlier. I really was not prepared and when I glanced at Alex he was looking a little pale with a greenish tint. He looked as though he was ready to throw up too and all of a sudden I was laughing.

Alex looked at me confused. “What’s so funny?”

“You’re face.” I giggled.

“Why?”

“You look like I feel. Pale with a little green and ready to throw up.”

He relaxed and I saw a little color come back as he grinned. “Glad I’m not the only one feeling like that. I guess we’re both nervous.”

I snorted. “Then why are we doing this?”

“Yolo man.” He grinned.

I snorted harder than before. “You did not just say that.”

“You’re right. That was awful. Umm. Carpe Diem?”

I giggled. “No way. That’s so cliche. I’ve got something but it’s just a favorite lyric.”

He grinned. “Lyrics are good. What is it?”

We scooted closer to the front of the line and both of us grinned and took deep breaths. “We’re people afraid of living because we might just think it’s fun.” I grinned and squeezed his hand.

He thought for a moment. “I like that. What’s it from?”

“It’s a Downtown Fiction song. One of my favorites.”

He laughed. “So you know who they are but you don’t know who we are? Wow. No offense to them, they seem like great guys but they are a pretty small band.”

“I know.”

“And we live in Baltimore! How did you go so long not knowing who we were?”

I laughed. “Alex, I have no idea. I just didn’t. But I do now.”

“Mmm. That’s true.” He pulled me in, wrapping his arm around my waist and kissing me lightly. “What’s that song called?”

“Let’s Be Animals.”

“Hmm.”

We were both silent as we waited for our turn. And I was surprisingly calmed down by it. And I was feeling a little less nervous. Just being around Alex and knowing he was going to be doing this with me was enough to make this whole thing okay.

---

“Alex that was amazing!” I breathed as we walked away from the group of people.

Alex and I were soaking wet since we ended up in the river after we had jumped. And it was one of the most amazing experiences I had ever had. My blood was still pumping with adrenaline and I felt like I could do anything. And Alex hadn’t let go of me since before we jumped.

He laughed. “I know. I didn’t realize we were going to get wet. I’m sorry.” He smiled.

I giggled. “I don’t even care. That was so incredible.”

He stopped and looked at me. “Are you glad you did it?”

I grinned. “More than you know.” I threw my arms around his neck and hugged him. “I’ll never be able to thank you enough for convincing me to do that. I don’t think I would ever have done that otherwise.”

I let him go but kept my arms around him. “Good. I can’t believe we’ve done that.”

I giggled. “Me too. What are we doing for the rest of the day? There’s not a lot that can beat that.”

“Well, first we’re gonna get a change of clothes.”

I laughed. “Oh good. I’m getting a little chilled. We should do a picnic.”

He raised an eyebrow at me. “A picnic? I don’t think we have food in the house.”

“Then we get food. I dunno. Get something to go and find a park to relax and stuff.”

He thought a moment. “I like that.”

---

After we had gone home to change we bought burritos to go and made our way to some open space in the park close to the apartment. Alex didn’t let go of my hand the entire time. Which I obviously didn’t mind. I watched his face as he looked around. I was growing a fondness for him and for the first time ever, the thought didn’t terrify me. It was exciting.

“Whatcha thinking about?”

“You.” I grinned.

“Mmm. What about me?” He pulled me in again and kissed me.

“Just a little bit of everything. I’m realizing how much I like you.”

He grinned. “I like you too.”

We ate our lunch and talked. It was such a nice day and after we finished we sprawled out on the blanket. Cuddling and talking. The best part about being with Alex was definitely the fact that he made me forget all about my problems. Everything with our apartment building. All of the issues with Camilla. And the constant working I was going to have to do to replace everything. It also didn’t hurt that he was a good cuddler.

“Can I talk to about something I’ve been thinking about for a while now?” His arm was wrapped around me while my head rested on his chest.

“Mmm. Sure.”

“I know you and Camilla have been working and looking for a new apartment for a little while now. And I know you both are a little stressed.”

“Okay.” I said slowly.

“What if instead of moving out and trying to find a new apartment you guys just stay at mine?”

I froze a little and looked at him. “What?”

He smiled. “Just stay at my apartment. Move in officially. It’s been fine so far. We haven’t had any issues and honestly, I really like you guys living there.”

“But we’re barely dating.”

“I know. But I’m attached to you more than I thought I would be. And that may sound creepy as hell but I was not expecting to want to be with you this much this soon.”

I sighed. “I don’t know what to say.” I smiled at him.

“Say you’ll move in.” He laughed.

“What about Camilla? I told you when we met that we were a package deal.”

He smiled. “I know. And I want her to stay as long as she wants. You both are completely welcome. And it’s nice to actually have people in the apartment. It’ll be really nice when we’re on tour.”

I could feel the tears forming in my eyes. “You can’t be serious.” I half smiled.

Alex grinned. “I’m completely serious. I know it’s way soon in our relationship for us to move in. But it’s been working so well and I’m terrified for the day you guys find a new place and leave.”

I sat up and looked at him. “Really?”

He sat up and grabbed my hands. “Absolutely. It scares me how much I like you right now.”

I laughed. “Really? Cause for the first time I’m not terrified to let you in. I want you around so much. And even though I’m arguing this move there is a good chance I’ll accept. Because I know that if we get a new apartment I’ll probably never see you. Not with the amount of work I’ll have to do to keep up on the bills.”

I could see the grin forming on his lips. “Really?”

I laughed. “Yes.”

“So that means you and Camilla staying is official?” He said enthusiastically.

I rolled my eyes. “I’ll need to talk to Camilla first but yes. I am willing to stay as long as Camilla stays.”
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END.

Sorry that was sudden. I really didn't want to drag it out and I wanted to get the update in. But basically I love every single one of you. I can't thank you all enough for the love you have given this story. <3

I'm officially working on that stripper story and will hopefully be up soon. I would just really like to finish this first semester of college strong. I will hold of posting but if you want to be the first to know when it goes up here is the story: Fool Like Me

So yeah. Thanks for reading and everything. Give me a little final love? (:
And title credit goes to The Downtown Fiction. Enjoy!