Status: Don't let me leave it unfinished! I'm really stoked about this story and I've spent the last few days writing like crazy. (:

Oh Love

Brat

I made my way to my apartment, suddenly feeling exhausted. I was about to unlock the door but decided that it would be best to knock, since I didn’t really know if Gabe was still here or if he was defiling my best friend. I was about to start pacing when the door opened and Camilla’s eyes bugged out. Before I could say anything she threw her arms around me saying something about missing me and not knowing where I was.

She let go and I smiled at her. “I’m fine, Cam.”

“I was so worried! You never came home last night and I couldn’t get a hold of you this morning. What happened?”

I rolled my eyes at her dramatic tone. “I did come home last night. But I was greeted with Gabe thrusting deep inside you in the hallway.”

She blushed scarlet and I was glad. “Sorry.”

“Uh-huh. I figured it would be awhile before you were done so I called Alex. We hung out the rest of the night and then he took me to breakfast this morning.”

She suddenly grinned and pulled me to the couch. “Tell me everything! Was he good in bed?”

“Camilla! I did not sleep with him.”

“What?”

“We stayed up talking most of the night. I fell asleep wrapped in his arms and then he took me to breakfast. Besides, I don’t think he really likes me. He wouldn’t even kiss me this morning.”

“What?”

“He walked me to the hotel and I thought things were going well, then he kissed my cheek and walked away laughing. So I don’t really know.”

She smirked. “He likes you. He’s just being an idiot.”

I rolled my eyes. “Right. How was Gabe?”

She bit her lip and grinned. “I’m fantastic thank you very much.” I whipped around to find him walking out of her room, shirtless.

This time I blushed. “Oh wonderful.” I said under my breath. “Cam, I need to shower. I have work in a couple hours and I really want a long shower.”

“Okay.” She smiled and I just glanced at Gabe while he grinned.

I was beyond excited to take my heels off. It felt like it had been ages since I had taken them off and my feet hurt. What I really wanted was a long bath. With candles and wine and everything. But I didn’t have time for that and I had a rule about not drinking before I worked. Not that my boss would care. I threw my dress on top of the already growing pile of dirty clothes and headed for the bathroom.

The shower did help in making me feel better. I at least felt cleaner, especially after spending the night in some run down, dirty warehouse. I threw on my favorite tee shirt and a pair of old jeans along with my converse. I braided my hair again, not caring what I looked like. I really didn’t have the patience for anything right now. Gabe and Camilla were making out on the couch and I just rolled my eyes.

“Get a room.” I said loudly finding something to drink in the kitchen. Camilla broke away quickly and blushed. I’d never seen her blush so much in one sitting.

“Sorry, Odie.”

“Odie?” Gabe asked.

“No.” I stated. “Only Camilla is allowed to call me that.”

“Oh.” He sounded hurt. I sighed. Camilla was going to yell at me if I didn’t fix this.

“Sorry, I’m not usually such a bitch. I didn’t get much sleep last night and I’m not looking forward to work today.” I gave him a small smile and he grinned.

“It’s alright. I’m sorry that you walked in on us last night.” I noticed he’d finally put on a shirt and it was less awkward than before. “If I can’t call you Odie, what can I call you?”

“Odette.”

“Wow. That’s really cool.”

I smiled. “Thanks. Camilla, I have to go. I’ll see you later and we’ll talk. It was nice meeting you, Gabe.”

“You too!” He yelled as I grabbed my favorite hoodie and headed for the elevator.

---

I was thankful for the slow day we were having. I don’t think I would have made it a whole day. I also had Timothy to work with and I was super stoked about it. He always made work less painful.

Timothy was the first friend I made when I moved to Baltimore. He loved my unique features but for completely different reasons; he was a flaming homosexual and proud. I loved him for it. He gave me great advice on fashion and ways I should do my makeup or hair (not that I listened all that often).

If I had to be completely honest, Timothy was gorgeous. He was obsessed with working out and his body was proof of that. Camilla and I had him over for sleepovers and he had decided to give us a show. He was the typical gorgeous though. Like the Abercrombie models, only he had a brain. Because he was also a massive nerd.

He was into all the nerdy stuff. Superheroes, Star Wars, comics. You name it. He knew it. And he managed to know everything about pop culture. His knowledge about Lady Gaga and Madonna amazed me. If I needed the name of a specific celebrity he was there to give it to me. I wondered how he had all this time to know all of this but I figured it had to do with that he really didn’t need to work.

His boyfriend was wealthy. And I mean three mansions, eight cars wealthy. He also had a handful of vacation homes all over the globe. First time I met him I could see the love they had for each other. Whatever Timothy wanted, it was his. And the other way around. I made friends with his boyfriend, Jake, and often he would take me on lunch dates just because he could.

Camilla and I were obsessed with the two of them mostly because they were so adorable. And they were someone to hang out with when we were fighting about something stupid. I saw a waving hand in front of me and I snapped back to reality. Timothy laughed and rolled his eyes mumbling something about me being a ‘daydreamer’.

“Oh hush.” I said and he grinned.

“You look exhausted. And I see you’ve taken my fashion advice to heart.” He said sarcastically.

“Don’t start. I am exhausted and I really just wanted to wear something comfortable.”

“O, there are plenty of comfortable things that are still fashionable.” That was his nickname for me. He thought I needed less syllables in my name so he shortened it to one letter.

I waved him off. “Leave me alone. Just because I don’t look like a fucking supermodel...”

“I do not. And you could easily be a model. You’ve got interesting features that any modeling agency would kill for.”

“Except that I’m tiny. And short.”

“So we stick some stilts on you. Only wear pants.” He snickered.

“Oh ha ha. Very funny.”

“Aww. Lighten up. What boy has your panties in a twist?”

“Eww! Don’t say that word!”

He laughed. “Panties!”

“Bleh. Stop it, Timothy. I will vomit on you.”

“You won’t. You don’t like to throw up.” He grinned. “Panties!”

“Moist!”

“Oh ew. I will vomit. Don’t even start.”

“You started it.”

“Fine. I’m ending it. I feel like I’m going to throw up.”

“Well, don’t.” I said. “We’ve got to finish our shifts. Wanna come hang with Camilla and I tonight? We’re having a massive girl session.”

He smiled. “I wish. Jake and I are going on a weekend vacation. I hope we go to Paris or something.”

“You do know he’d take you anywhere you asked?”

He sighed. “Yes. God, I love that man.”

I giggled. “I’m glad.”

“Let’s plan another date. I need to catch up with you girls. Besides, you’ve changed a little since I last saw you.”

“You saw me two days ago!”

“I know. There’s been a subtle shift and I want to know what’s made you off balance. Or balanced. Who knows?”

I rolled my eyes. “Help me close and then go on your date. Maybe I’ll consider telling you when you get back.” I stuck my tongue out at him and he laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's kind of short and there's no Alex in it. But whatever.
I was in a pretty good mood earlier and then it just shifted. So I would love to get some feedback on this story. Pretty please? (:

As always read, comment, subscribe.
Title credit goes to Green Day tonight.