I Think I've Finally Had Enough

Chapter One

Chapter One

“We finally made it!” Rumor exclaimed as we stepped out of the airport with our carry-on’s in tow. “I never thought we’d actually do it!”

I smiled lightly. “Me either. This is the perfect place for a fresh start.” Rumor nodded.

We got a taxi and talked animatedly as he drove us to our new apartment. He dropped us off in front of the complex and we climbed out, clutching our bags. Our things had already been shipped and the boxes were placed in the apartment. After Rumor paid our lovely driver, he pulled away. I glanced to my left and nearly let out a shriek.

“What?” She asked.

Without an answer, I dropped my bag and jogged a few feet to the source of my affection.

A telephone booth.

I yanked open the door and stood inside with a grin on my face. Rumor walked up and smirked. I looked around and gave out a dreamy sigh. I glanced back at Rumor and she had her phone out, taking a picture no doubt. Opening the door, I stepped out.

“Okay. Let us go. I’m exhausted,” I mumbled and walked back to the front of the complex with a laughing brunette following me.

We soon made it inside our apartment and glanced at the boxes that covered most of the living room. With a groan, Rumor collapsed on the couch.

“We can unpack when we aren’t so jetlagged,” She said into the couch.

I rolled my eyes and pushed her off the couch before I fell face first on it. “I love you couch. You’ve been good to me,” I mumbled into the cushions. I heard Rumor groan and stomp to her room.

I yawned and stretched. We were on the sixth floor and since I refused to take the elevator, Rumor’s lazy ass was forced to walk up six flights of stairs. She has been my best friend since we were babies. Our older sisters are friends, so naturally we were too. She was epitome of beautiful with her thick dark brown hair, tan skin, and brown eyes. She was very kind and fun.

Basically, everyone loved her.

I sighed and buried my face further into the couch. I have been dying my naturally blonde hair since I was twelve. It’s been black, auburn, blue, green, white, pink, and red- which is its current color.

With another yawn, I pushed all thoughts of Rumor and me out of my brain as sleep overtook me.

__________________________________________________________________________________

It has been a very uneventful two weeks in London. Rumor made friends with a neighbor of ours. I met him once and he was nice. Irish, I think he said. Either way, Rumor really likes him. I sighed and leaned my head against our door. Sitting in the hallway can get really boring. My red hair was flat ironed and I had drawn a cat nose and whiskers on my face.

Told you I was bored.

I fiddled with my sleeves and looked at my fuzzy, pink slipper boots. London was lovely, but I didn’t feel like going out and Rumor was out with Niall, her neighbor friend. Closing my blue eyes, I tried to let my mind clear. Just as I started to relax, the door in front of me opened. I ignored it until I realized that no one was coming out. Opening one eye, I looked up at the person. It was a male who couldn’t be much older than myself. His greenish eyes were slicing into me. After seeing his face for a few moments, I knew who he was. My younger sister is such a huge fan.

“Are you okay love?” Curly asked.

I opened my eyes and looked at him. “Yeah. Why wouldn’t I be?”

He cracked a smile. “Well, you’re sitting in the hallway with cat whiskers drawn on your face, while wearing those gaudy pink boots.”

I opened my mouth in mock offense. “I love these boots! They’re comfy!” I defended.

He smirked and sat in front of me, after shutting his door. “I’m Harry.”

I smiled a little. “Kendrix. Call me whatever, chances are I’ve been called worse.”

Harry smiled. “I remember when you and your friend moved in. I think she’s actually with one of my friends now.”
I nodded. “He’s blonde, kinda short, Irish, cute braces.”

He laughed. “Yeah. That’s Niall.”

I smiled and leaned my head against the door again. “Do you want the cat face too?” I asked with a smirk.

“I’m good.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much to those that subscribed and commented. I literally started jumping up and down. Let me know what you think! :D

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=59247760 That's Kendrix's outfit when she meets our lovely Harry.