Angeles

Chapter One

"I wish we never have to leave Angeles." Dean whispered as he and Sam leaned against his impala and looked out over the busy city, that lay right next to the ocean. The two brothers had driven out to the high point on the outside of the city, just so they could look down at it. "This is the happiest I've been since..." Dean shut his eyes to think as a soft breeze of wind began to blow. Pain seemed to overcome Dean's features and his brother turned towards him. Sam's hair was being blown by the wind, across his face, and his eyes were soft though his brow was set in a hard line, as he looked down at the ground before letting his eyes drift to his brother's face. Sam held his beer a little tighter.

"Did you fall in love?" Sam asked quietly, a calm sensation falling over his face, loosening his features. Sam was always one to be ready to talk and discuss feelings and he always tried so hard to get his brother to talk, but it was a hopefully cause.

Dean's eyes widened and he looked over at Sam, astonished. "Love?" He asked. "Don't get all sappy on me, Sammy." Just the world love made Dean's skin crawl. He would never have love. He would never admit it, especially to Sam, but all he really wanted was love, the kind where you wake up next to your best friend in the house you share, in your own warm bed, instead of waking up cold and alone in a lonely motel room. He wanted to be able to walk downstairs and smell breakfast cooking and know all he had to do today was take his son to a baseball game, not go put his brother's and his own life in danger to save others.

Dean took a sip of his beer as Sam decided if he should say what he was thinking or not. "Dean, if you're afraid whatever this is that you're not telling me, will end up like Lisa and Ben then-" Sam couldn't even finish his sentence before Dean was slamming his brother up against the side of the car. His beer bottle already smashing against the ground. "What did I say the day I left Lisa with Ben in the hospital?? I said if you ever mentioned their names to me again I was going to punch you." He growled in a low, deep snarl and stared his brother down right between the eyes.

Sam frowned and swallowed and slowly pushed his brother away, "I'm sorry, but you need to face this." He said looking up at his older brother. "You can't keep all this crap bottled up inside." Dean just stood there for a minute, studded and barely shaking as he watched Sam open the door to the impala.

"Watch me." Dean finally whispered, and looked down at his shoes before grabbing the cooler and putting it in the trunk.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a short introduction, to get the mood set.