Status: Join me for this crazy ride, won't you?

Things Aren't Always What They Seem

Luckiest

***18***

"You're not really going to that shit are you?" Jon asked with his heart on his sleeve more than he would have liked it to be.

"Of course I am," Charlotte said with a laugh as she stood in front of the mirror holding up different outfits. "It's my cousins bachelorette party and I'm in the wedding-- of course I have to go. What's the big deal anyway?"

"Well." Jon was trying to think of anything that would convince her not to go. He couldn't stand the thought of her going and dancing with other guys. "For starters, you aren't legal to drink."

Charlotte turned and looked at him, giving him a cynical look and a smirk. "And that's ever stopped you when?"

"Okay," Jon said defeated. "Point taken."

"Besides, it's just one night out with my other friends. I don't see why you get all bent out of shape about it," she said as she brushed by him. "It's my cousins bachelorette party and you're acting like I'm going to join a gang."

"I just worry about you Charlotte. You know that."

"Yeah, well I think you pick the wrong things to worry about."

"That isn't true," he said disagreeing with her. "I just don't think it's the best idea. You're the youngest of the group by far-- a group of all girls. It isn't the safest thing in the world."

"Jon," she turned to him and said his name and he could tell she had lost her patience.

"Yeah."

"You're my best friend."

"Yeah," he repeated.

"And I'm moving to Chicago for you. Straight up, moving."

"Yeah..."

"Can you back off a little about tonight? Gosh," she breathed out. "I swear sometimes it's like you don't realize that you're not..." she stopped herself suddenly and went to walk away from him all riled up and flustered.

"No," he grabbed her arm and spun her back to him. "It's like I don't realize I'm not what?" he asked her as he looked seriously down into her eyes. He wanted to hear her say it and give him an in.

"Nothing," she said agitated as she yanked her arm out of his grasp. She'd never admit that she thought of him as a boyfriend, that she wished for it. She didn't even want to open that window because she feared the laughter, the rejection, the awkwardness she knew would ensue. So not bringing it up at all was the best option.

"Fine," Jon spat out not happy with her locking up her lips. "At least tell me where you're going."

"No."

"C'mon Charlotte. Just tell me in case something happens and you need me this way I'll know where you are and--"

"No!" Charlotte yelled more assertive this time. "You can't do this to me again. You always go and do this to me-- you wiggle in and worm your way into my plans even if they don't concern you. Do you give me the lowdown on your plans when you're with the guys or on the road? And we both know you aren't innocent. I don't do things like this, and I'm not going to put myself in harms way. I think you need to back down." She came across angry but it wasn't because she actually was-- she was crazy about him and the things he said, the things he did drove her mad and made it almost impossible for her to get over. She knew he didn't see her as anything more than his best friend and that was what she was willing to settle for, but sometimes, like now, he acted a certain way and it made her wonder. She'd had to get her feelings in check before and she'd have to do it again.

"So you're mad at me because I give a shit about you?"

"No," she answered softly. "It's just, relax. What's the worst that could happen?"

You could meet someone, you'll dance with them. Guys will check you out, try and flirt with you, take you home. They won't realize you're a virgin, and they won't hide what they want. You'll be flirting with guys who aren't me while I'm not there thinking of you the entire time, he thought to himself but didn't dare say out loud. "I just think I should know where you're going because things can happen. Guys are guys. Plus can you blame me? After that stunt at your brothers with that guy I can't help but worry-- and look at what you're going to be wearing!"

Charlotte gave a little smirk and felt her cheeks warm up and turn a shade of pink. "I appreciate the concern."

"So you'll tell me where you'll be, just in case? You never drink, so I can't help but worry about you whether you want me to or not."

"No," she said with a small head shake but knew she'd fork over the information he so desperately wanted.

Charlotte watched as the rest of her group flirted and danced with other guys. Everyone was totally hammered, including her cousin who was the bride to be in all of this, and she certainly wasn't acting like a taken woman. Charlotte shook her head and sipped on one of the many drinks that she had that night. She couldn't help thinking about Jon. She didn't want to but he'd gotten to her like he had so many times over the years. She rejected every guy that tried to hit on her, tried to buy her a drink, tried to dance with her and she was at the point where she stopped caring. When a good looking, tall, blonde guy came over to her and put his arms around her she let him. She moved back against him and thought about how good looking he was. There was just one problem: he wasn't Jon.

Realizing her drink was empty Charlotte shimmied out of the blonde guys grasp and made her way over to the bar. She stumbled as she approached it and realized how drunk she was. If she hadn't grabbed onto the bar itself for stabilization she would have landed on the ground. She ordered herself another round and leaned over with her eyes closed and her forehead in her hand.

"You want another round?" she heard a guy ask her.

"No thank you," she answered without looking up. "I ordered one already."

"Well with an ass like that I wouldn't have pegged you for a girl who'd turn down a freebie."

"Excuse me," Charlotte said as her eyes popped open and she lifted her head up. When she looked to her side she found herself looking at Jon who was wearing a smirk as he stared back at her. "What are you doing here?" she asked totally surprised but not in the least disappointed.

"What do you mean?" he asked playfully. "You're here and I just happen to be here and we just happened to run into each other."

"Yeah, yeah," she smiled as she walked the two steps closer to him and fell into his arms.

"You alright? Better be careful or your new friend over there will get jealous," Jon teased.

"Ugh. Take me home?" she asked softly as she nuzzled into his chest. She was over being there.

"Nope," he said purposefully giving her a hard time. "You gotta finish this drink you just ordered and dance with me like you just danced with that guy and then I'll think about it."

"Fine." Charlotte looked down at the bar where the bartender had left her drink and made a face of disdain. She wrapped her fingers around the cup and put it to her lips taking a sip. She forced herself to swallow and rested her hand on her stomach before she went to lift the cup back to her lips.

"Woah," Jon let out as he put his hand between her lips and the cup. "Gimme that," he said as he took it from her and put it to his own lips.

He walked with her out onto the dance floor and felt his dick get hard as she pressed and rubbed against him. He knew he should have some compassion on her given her drunken state but he couldn't help thinking she was adorable-- and sexy as fuck. Charlotte let her inhibitions go for the first time and really danced with him, feeling her skin on fire when he touched her.

"Is that going to be you when you get married?" Jon suddenly asked as he nodded over to her cousin.

"Huh?"

"She's getting married but she certainly isn't acting like it," Jon commented as they watched her with some other guy acting nothing like the soon-to-be-married woman that she was.

"No," Charlotte shook her head. "No way. I couldn't act like that tonight as the single lady. I don't think I'll get married now if that's what it entails."

"Why not?" Jon said with a laugh knowing how wasted she was. "You're a catch, trust me. Whoever marries you will be the luckiest guy in the world."

"So why don't you marry me then?"

Jon felt his heart stop beating and he looked at her more serious. "I don't think you'd want that."

"You don't know what I want," she spat out. "Actually, I can tell you what I don't want though."

Jon couldn't help laughing to himself because he knew her drunken words were about to get more hysterical.

"I don't want to go to Chicago."

"What?" Jon asked taken aback and hurt by her confession. "You don't?"

"I do, I mean, I just don't feel like moving to Chicago to watch you fuck every skank in the windy city. That isn't going to be fun for me you know."

Her words had sliced conviction into him and it hurt to hear her say. "I don't think you know what you're saying right now."

Charlotte pressed against him and put her lips to his ear. "You wanna take me home?" she asked sexily. She was partially kidding because she knew he was taking her home, just it wasn't in that way.

"C'mon," he said uncomfortably. He could never say what he really felt.

"No, you've never thought about it before?" she was teasing him but it meant more to her than just simple teasing.

"I think you're drunk, that's what I think," he answered as he held her close to him.

"I think I've got the hottest guy here in my arms and I don't mind bragging," Charlotte said back with a big smile. She was playing with him, yes, but she was also gravely serious.

"Char you could have any guy in this room. Wait til tomorrow when you sober up, you'll be singing the tune to a different song."

"I don't know about that," she slurred out.

"Alright Cinderella, let's get you home," he said as he took her by the hand and began to lead her out of the club.

"Yeah," she said flirtatiously, "You take me home just like you would any one of those other girls."

"Look at you talking dirty. I'm going to have to get you drunk more often."

"You wouldn't," she spat back. "You wouldn't dare."

"That's right, I wouldn't. You mean too much to me. Let's just get you home before you lose your panties somewhere. Man your future husband is one lucky son of a bitch, you haven't even had sex and you're a horny drunk."

"Jon..." She said his name more serious.

"Yeah Char?"

"I...I don't feel very good."

"I know," he said as he gave her back a little rub. "I know."

Charlotte leaned into him as he led her to the car. He wanted to bring up their conversation from that night so many times when she was sober over the years, but he never did. He waited for her to bring it up, say something, but she never did either. He figured she didn't remember what she said and he didn't want to make things awkward between them...but it always sat in the back of his mind-- it was something he couldn't shake, which was problem enough because she was the one thing he never could shake either.

***Present Day***

The wedding was in a week.

Charlotte had been running around finalizing their wedding preparations. She was blinded by how happy she was that she was marrying her best friend, the guy she'd been in love with since she was sixteen years old. Jon tried to help her as much as he could but he was content taking a backseat. He wanted Charlotte to have everything she wanted, and even though she'd made their wedding absolutely beautiful and he knew it would be perfect, she didn't break the bank. It was one of things he loved most about her. She was practical and down to earth, not excessive--nor was she a bridezilla.

"I promise I won't do anything stupid," Jon said sincerely, not lying even a little as he held Charlotte in his arms.

"You really mean it?"

"Of course I do," he breathed out. He was getting ready to go out with the rest of his teammates for his bachelor party and didn't really know what to expect, he just knew he wasn't about to do anything that would hurt her.

"I know. I trust you," she said with a smile before giving him a quick peck on the lips. "I just can't help but worry just a little bit, I mean it's so easy for guys like you to..."

"Don't say it," he quickly cut her off. "Don't you dare say cheat. You know me better than anyone ever has. You know I'd never do anything to break us."

His words had a calming affect on Charlotte and she pressed against him tight. "Have fun, just... not too much fun."

"I already told the guys I didn't want strippers. So I'm hoping they respect that request."

"You never would have said that before," she said with a smirk.

"Yeah well you weren't mine before. Every girl I was with I wished was you."

"You remember that when you're drunk later on."

"Oh I will," he said with a cute crooked smile. "I might be gone for the night but I promise you my heart is here with you."

"Go," she gave him a nudge. "I love you."

"I love you," he said before he leaned down and kissed her hard. "I'll check in with you later."

***

"Nervous?" Duncan asked as he came up behind Jon and stood besides him in the private, VIP room they had rented out for the evenings festivities.

"No," Jon answered confidently. "I can't wait."

"I know," Duncs said with a smile as he gave Jon a pat on the shoulder. "I know."

"I'm the luckiest son of a bitch alive, you know that? I spent so long wanting her and now she's gonna be my wife." Jon never would have said that about any other girl, but it was different with Charlotte. She made him want to not be the stupid, juvenile guy he was before when he was trying to distract himself from loving her so much.

"Yeah," Duncs said as he nodded his agreement. "I'm really happy for you."

"I'm happy for me too," Jon said with a relieved laugh. "Should I feel bad Kaner wasn't invited out tonight?"

"Nah," Duncs said as he shook his head. "He's got his pregnant lady to worry about, and she's about to pop. He's got plenty to keep him occupied. You guys are in a better place now so take it one battle at a time."

"Yeah...I still can't believe he knocked her up."

"Is it that shocking? I mean, he did what he wanted and now he has to pay the price."

"Yeah well, she's not exactly mother material. I definitely dodged a bulled there, thank God. I never liked her to begin with-- she was just an easy distraction."

"I know, I couldn't see what you saw in her but hey, to each his own. She's Kaner's problem now. I do, however, feel bad for the baby," Duncan agreed.

"Yeah I mean how is she going to breast feed or whatever, where is the milk going to go? Those implants take up a lot of room."

Duncan couldn't help laughing. "I dunno man. You really did luck out that you got out of it when you did. You got the right girl now."

"Yeah," Jon sighed. "I would rather be home with her than out here with you guys right now. No offense, but this is stupid. I don't need it anymore."

"You, uh, you wanna go home?" Duncan asked trying to think of ways to prevent it knowing that if he made up his mind it was going to be hard to sway him.

"Yeah," Jon nodded. "Why put myself in a position to do anything stupid? I'd rather celebrate with her."

"I don't think you should go just--"

"Toews!" Both Jon and Duncan snapped their heads around when they heard Sharpy yell to Jon from across the room.

"What?" Jon yelled back.

"Come here," Sharpy yelled as he waved them over to where he was.

"Oh shit..." Jon said under his breath as he got up and made his way over to Sharp with Duncan on his heals.

"Congrats man!" It was obvious by how loud Sharpy was, and how enthusiastic he was, that he was just as drunk as everyone else. He threw his arm around Jon's shoulders and turned his attention to the little stage in their room. "We, as a collective group, have a little surprise for you," Sharp motioned to the stage and Jon saw the huge fake cake get rolled out to the center. "Oh no," Jon moaned out.

"Oh yes," Sharp said quickly, amused at Jon's reaction.

"No," Jon shook his head. "No, no, no. I told you dickheads no strippers and I meant it. Do you want me to get married next week? I won't do this to Charlotte."

"C'mon man. What Charlotte doesn't know won't hurt her."

"Nope," he shook his head again and went to turn to go but Sharp and the rest of the guys grabbed at him until he was standing in front of the fake cake.

He heard the loud music begin to blast and he prepared himself for what was going to happen next. He slapped his hand over his face when the top of the cake popped off and a beautiful, big-boobed blonde popped out. When Jon finally looked up his jaw dropped when he realized it was Charlotte.

She was looking down at him with a huge smile dressed in a white corset with light blue stitching. Her boobs were spilling over the cups and the garter belt she was wearing topped it off. She was done up like a sex kitten and Jon put his hand over his heart while he caught his breath. When he realized that he really was looking at his fiancee and not a mirage, he let out a holler and clapped his hands like the rest of the guys already were. He turned to Duncan who grabbed Jon's shoulders and shook him. "You knew!" Jon yelled thrilled as can be.

"Fuck yeah!" Duncan answered. "Damn Toews that's what you go home to?" Duncan said as he looked up at Charlotte who was strutting over to Jon.

"Close your eyes!" Jon said laughing as he put his hands over his friends eyes not wanting him looking at his girl like that.

When Charlotte got to him he looked up at her and tried to hide his smile but was unsuccessful at it. She turned and wiggled her butt in his face and he gave it a little smack before she turned around and leapt into his arms. She wrapped her legs around his waist and he squeezed her ass in his hands. "Surprised?" she asked as she looked down into his eyes with a seductive grin.

"Fuck yes!" he answered as his eyes popped open even more giving away the shock he was feeling. He ran his hands up and down her thighs before placing her down on her feet to get a good look at her. "Baby you look amazing." He couldn't keep his hands off of her and was having a hard time keeping his lips off her too.

"You like it?" she proudly showed off for him. "I thought you might not be disappointed with this kind of arrangement."

"This was your idea?" Jon asked surprised because he knew Charlotte was much more reserved than this.

"No," Charlotte shook her head. "Believe it or not it was Sharpy's idea. When he mentioned it I didn't think I could go through with it but I thought it'd be fun so ultimately I said yes and decided to have some fun."

"I can't even believe how lucky I am. Most guys wish their girl would do this and here you are popping out of a cake looking like this. Fuck. You're so damn hot. I don't know how you could even think I'd ever look at another girl again. Which brings me to this point. I know you," Jon said as he held her close to him unable to stop running his hands over her body. "How many drinks did you have before you popped out of that cake?" he asked her with an amused smiled as he rubbed the tip of his nose against hers.

Charlotte tossed her head back and let out a guttural laugh. "Two and a half," she said before pressing her lips against his.

Jon was trying to listen to her but was too distracted by the fact that she was standing in front of him scantily clad. He couldn't look her in the eyes when her breasts were screaming to him to look at them. "I'm sorry baby, I am listening to you," he slurred feeling the affects of all the alcohol he'd consumed. "But I really wanna take you home and get my private lap dance with you in this outfit."

Charlotte pressed against him and ran her hand down his chest to his stomach all the way until she cupped his package in her hands. She could feel how rock hard he was through his jeans. "You like it that much huh?" she asked as she raised her eyebrows and teased him even more.

Jon leaned down and grabbed her waist in his hands as he kissed her hard in front of everyone. "Yes," he breathed against her lips. "Let's get out of here." He grabbed her hand, dragged her out of the party and took her to the hotel the club was connected to where he got a room for them to spend the rest of the night together-- with her in, and quickly out of, that lingerie.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wrote this, got right to the end, and the internet went crazy and I lost the ENTIRE thing and had to rewrite it. That's part of why it took so long to update-- which I apologize for. I hope it was worth how long it took me to update!

Wedding is next-- please comment :) and thanks for reading!

Also, it's late and I'm really tired, so forgive any mistakes please. Rewriting the entire thing made the screen go blurry!