Status: Complete

Love and Death

Chapter 1

“Going to bed already, Light? Are you OK?!”
“Yes mum, I’m fine. I just need to study.”
“Alright then dear, good night.”
“Good night mum.” Light kissed his mum goodnight and headed off to his bedroom. He said he was going to study but really he was just gunna check the news to see if there were any more criminals to kill.

Light was disappointed to find that there’d been no reported crime this time, so he went to check the entertainment channels to see if there was anything good on. He stopped at a TV interview with a German band with a rather androgynous-looking lead singer. And naturally, they were asked about Kira, and their opinions. The lead singer, who seemed to talk the most, said something along the lines of this:
“I personally dislike Kira. I’ve never met the guy but what I've seen of the way he seems to behave, he’s just as mature as a child who doesn’t like being told off. I mean if you think about it, when he killed that Lind L Tailor guy, he reacted on a whim; he didn’t think of the consequences. I personally suggest he should think before he acts. He might be creative in manipulating those deaths, but he has to be more careful otherwise he’ll be digging himself a nice huge hole.”

Light went spare. How dare this singer guy - or girl, whatever the hell he is - speak badly of Kira, God of the New World? How dare he compare Kira’s actions to those of a child? Does he not care that his life is at stake, now that he’s said this? Light had a cunning plan. Not only is he going to kill the singer, he will kill the whole band. And he will stop at nothing to find out their names and write them down…. but then again, he’d have liked to get involved in actually killing them…. This will be fun.

***

The only way to get to the singer, Bill, was to practically stalk them. So what he planned to do was get to know them, befriend them even, only to stab them in the back. Almost literally. So one night, the guys from Tokio Hotel - the band Light was stalking - went out to let their hair down in, ahem, Tokio. And blatantly Light followed. His main target was Bill… but on this occasion he kinda failed. Just for this occasion he managed to get his hands on a date-rape drug, namely GHB, to spike Bill’s drink with.

So this one time, (in Band Camp), when the TH guys actually went on their night out, they were having an awesome time, because they were in their dream city, and even though they knew what risks there were with going clubbing and that. they still left their half-full drinks unattended. This gave Light his big chance to get em. He’d had their eye on them all night… but at the same time, trying not to be too conspicuous. The TH guys were having too much fun to take much notice of him staring at them with murderous intent. And as soon as they were out of sight, he jumped right at the chance to spike one of their drinks. As there were four glasses there, he put the drug in the nearest one and hoped for the best. He’d only just set his trap before the guys returned so he snuck off to wait for the magic to happen.

Later on, the drug had started to take effect on Georg, and Light immediately came “to the rescue”. He carried Georg out of the club, and followed as the other TH guys were slightly panicking, especially Bill.
“Hey Light, thanks so much for helping us with Georg.”
“It’s nothing, honest. You guys go look for a taxi; I’ll keep Georg company.”
“Are you sure? I mean, what if someone attacks you or something?”
“We’ll be fine, I promise. Now don’t panic, and go get a cab.”
“Um… OK, but, only if you’re sure, Light.”
“I’m certain, now GO.” Light insisted. Bill reluctantly did as he was told and beckoned his bandmates to go look for the nearest taxi depot. In the meantime, Light had to look after Georg. But what he was really going to do was complete his evil plan. He made to hug Georg and said:
“You’ll be OK Georg, this’ll all be over quite soon. Sooner than you think, actually.”
Georg was so zonked he could barely make out a sentence. And Light took his chance to kill him here and now, while he was practically out cold. He’d hidden a knife in his pocket, like any chav would, and while he was “hugging” Georg, he got his knife and rammed it right into Georg’s back. Then, as though he were behaving like a schizophrenic (with good timing as people were beginning to walk past) he let out his girliest scream… making it look like he’d only just found Georg dead.
From the distance, Bill heard this girly scream and said without thinking:
“Shit, GEORG!!” He ran back the way he came, and Tom and Gustav followed, because they were all worried about their bandmate.
Light had to fake his grief for the best part of 5 minutes until Bill, Tom and Gustav returned. At which point, Bill saw Georg’s lifeless, bleeding body in Light’s arms and froze. He was almost nauseated to the point he felt his knees go weak. Tom and Gustav could feel Bill’s pain, but all they could do in an attempt to console him was to group hug him, and they could mourn together.

This was only the beginning of Bill’s torment in Japan.
♠ ♠ ♠
I originally spelt Light's name as Raito - the way it would be pronounced in Japanese - but then I wrote the summary of the story and spelt it like Light so to avoid confusion I changed it in the actual story too.