Status: Getting there!

The Boy Next Door

Holy shit.

Mikey's POV

I laid on the bathroom floor waiting for Gerard to get home. I can't believe I had done this. Why? Because Alicia broke up with me. She told me the usual bullshit I've heard from every other girl, "It's not you, it's me."
"Cut the bullshit Alicia, what's the actual reason?"
She broke down crying telling me this story of how she met someone, cheated on me and had to brake up with me. Apparently she didn't want to. But if she didn't want to do it, why would she cheat on me?! I can't believe she would do this to me. I thought she was different, I thought that she loved me. Well that's what she told me. She said she never felt this way before, that she would never leave me. We planned our future together. Why was I so gullible.? Why would I believe that?
Then she went on to say how I should be happy for her but I couldn't. Not at that moment at least. The girl of my dreams cheated on me, the girl I'm in love with broke up with me. She broke my heart.

I screamed at her. That's the lowest I've gotten. I cried and shouted it all out. I couldn't deal with this, why would she just cheat on me? How could she? She ran out in the midst of my ranting. I had caused her to feel worse. I could see it in her face, I could see her heart breaking even more with every single word I was saying. Once she ran out, I sank to the floor in tears.

It was stupid, I know it is, but I done the only thing I could think of at that moment. I ran up to the bathroom and pulled out the razor. I laid the sharp blade onto my pale skin and drew it across my skin. I didn't want to be here with the love of my life any more. I heard about people feeling better after doing this, how people were in so much pain they decided to end it.
I laid down and watched as more and more blood seeped through my skin. Just as I felt like I was going to black out, I realized that my life was so much more than this. I kept on thinking, did I do that? I knew it wouldn't fix anything, it wouldn't make me suddenly feel as if everything was better and okay.

I pulled out my phone from my pocket, still lying on the flour and phoned up Gerard. I waited what felt like ages while fearing my life until I heard the front door open.

Gerard's POV

As soon as I slammed my phone shut, I grabbed my shirt and slipped it on while running down stairs. I could hear Frank shouting at me but I couldn't think. I just needed to get back to Mikey. I could imagine what he done, I just didn't want to believe it.
"Gee, wait for me!" I turned round to see Frankie pulling his belt through his jeans and his top back in its place. He looked at my worried eyes and pulled me into a bone crushing hug.
"It'll be alright," he whispered into my ear. I felt myself tearing up just thinking about what Mikey could have done.
"Now go see your brother!"
"Can you… Can you come with me Frankie?"
"Of course," he smiled.
Frankie grabbed my hand as we rushed out of his house and up the little steps leading to mine. I flung the door open and rushed into the house.
"Mikey!" I cried.
"Gee? I'm down here," I heard the faint cry of Mikey.
I ran upstairs and stopped in the bathroom doorway. I was stunned and honestly scared. I saw my little baby brother on the floor with a pile of blood around him. I run to him and held him in my arms.
"M-mikey? A-are you o-okay?" I cried.
"N-no Gee. I m-messed up!"
I caught the site of Frank standing by the door looking just as scared as I was feeling. I quickly through my car keys at him.
"You're going to drive," I stated.
"What? I can't Gee!" He looked down at the keys looking at them unsure.
"I trust you, now go and turn it on, I'll be down in a sec."
Frank just nodded and ran downstairs. I picked Mikey up in my arms and kissed his forehead.
"Stay strong little bro'" Mikey just nodded at me, a small smile gracing his lips.

I carried Mikes down stairs, out the door, shutting it with my leg, and into the back seat of the car. Luckily Frankie had opened it for us and was already in the drivers seat.

"Take us to the hospital?" I asked him.
"Of course." He quickly set the car into gear and drove off towards the nearest hospital.