Status: Getting there!

The Boy Next Door

Mental breakdown.

Frank's POV

Me and Gerard had been sat in the hospital waiting room for about two hours. For the first hour Gee had just been in my arms crying into my neck. Whenever he let out another sob, it would tear me apart all over again and made want to cry. I knew I couldn't though, I had to be strong for him. There was no point breaking down as well, Gerard needed someone to comfort him and I had to be strong enough to be that person. After an hour of crying, Gee just sat up and stared out into space. It scared me really. His face was blank from all emotion. He was just, sitting there.

I was just about to try talking to him when a nurse walked through the waiting room, saw us and made her way over. I studied her as she clip clopped her way towards us. Her mousy brown hair, cut into a bob was bouncing with every step she took. Her posture was bent over which truly showed the fact that she couldn't walk in her high heels. As she approached us, she smiled showing us her teeth, which had fucking lipstick on. Nice.

I tapped Gee and pointed towards the nurse who's name tag read "Millie". Gerard turned his head to where the nurse was standing and stood up.
"How is he?" He asked panicked.
"Michael?" Who else? What the actual fuck?! "Yes he's fine, he's resting right now. He lost a lot of blood so we had to give him a blood transfusion. Michael also needed 10 stitches as he cut pretty deep into his wrists. He's all bandaged up and should be ready to leave here within the next couple of days."

I looked back at Gerard who just seemed stunned. It was a lot to take in for me, so it must be harder on him, to hear this about his little brother. At least he knew Mikey was alright. I just couldn't believe that the nurse was so blunt about his cutting!
"When can we see him?"
"You should be able to see him now, I'll just go check with the doctor." I watched as she trotted off down the corridor.
I turned round to Gee just as he looked at me. I pulled him into my arms just as he let out another heart retching sop.
"Hey, hey Gee. At least he okay. He should be coming home soon, it's okay honey." I comforted him all the while rubbing his back and holding back my own cries. He pulled his head up and looked at me through his teary eyes.
"Thank you," he whispered. I lent forward and kissed him sweetly on the lips then pulled him in to hug me again. Seeing Gee like this was heartbreaking, I felt so helpless. I've never gone through this so I didn't know how he was feeling, I didn't know how to help him! I kept him close to me trying to comfort him and kissed his head.

I heard someone clear their throat and spun around to see this "Millie" again.
"Mr Way, you can go and see your brother now." She turned around and started walking towards a group of rooms. I shrugged at Gerard as we walked hand in hand following the nurse.

She stopped abruptly at a room, opened the door and stood aside. I peeked my head through the door and saw a tired looking Mikey in the bed. I motioned for Gee to go in first. I stayed outside as I watched Gerard speak to his brother. Hugs were exchanged and more tears were shed.

"I'll get you some coffee." I said to Gerard, he needed it. He's been awake for a lot longer than he normally would. I went to turn around but stopped when Mikey called me.
"Get me some too?" I smiled at him and went off to get three coffees. I thought it would be best to leave the brothers alone to talk, I had no right to know what had happened. Gee wanted to know what lead Mikey to doing what he did, so I thought it was best for him to have some time with Mikes.

Gerard's POV

When Frank had gone to get us coffee, Mikey had told me everything that happened. How Alicia had cheated on Mikey, tried to make him feel better about it and obviously failed miserably. I get that Mikey was no saint in the situation but what she had done was worse. She broke someone's heart and didn't care about her actions. I think it was official now, I fucking hated Alicia. How could she have done that to my baby brother? He was one of the sweetest, caring people I have ever met, why would he have to go through that. Why did he ever deserve to be treated like a fool? He didn't. She was selfish and mean. I used to think she was lovely but I guessed wrong. I just don't understand how someone could be so selfish and in the process break the person who loves you, who you supposedly love back.

Me and Mikey were just sitting talking about all our usual crap when Frank entered the room struggling with three cups of coffee. I got up quickly and took two cups of him handing one to Mikey.
I kissed his cheek quickly before pulling up another chair for Frank to sit on.
I looked back at Mikey and saw him with an all knowing smile on his face.
"Aww, Gerard!" Mikey cooed.
I was surprised he had the energy to tease me but I was just happy he was feeling better. At least he wasn't one of those people who hated to be around 'couples', if that's what me and Frank even is.
I looked at Frank and instantly a blush hit both of our faces.
Luckily Mikes didn't bug us with any questions. I don't even know what I would have answered. I don't really know what was going on with me and Frank. I liked him, an awful lot and I know that he likes me too but I think it was too early to make anything of this.
Right?

The nurse came back into the room with the cliche fake smile.
"So Michael, as you know, you'll be starting therapy tomorrow. You will be speaking to our professional therapist everyday for the duration of your stay here," she smiled as if he was here on a fucking holiday! "But when you leave you'll still have to go to therapy sessions and how often will be determined at a later date. Boys," she said turned to me and Frank, "visiting times are over, you'll have to come back tomorrow."
Me and Frank nodded to the nurse and said our goodbyes to Mikey. I hugged him tight as he whispered apologies for being 'so stupid' and his love for me.
I left the hospital with tears prickling my eyes and my hand in Frank's.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I've made Alicia a bitch in this, but I wanted to let you all know it's completely fiction and I'm sure she's absolutely lovely and makes Mikey happy :)
Hope you enjoy and sorry for the lateness! xo