Status: Getting there!

The Boy Next Door

Why so shy?

I ran around my room looking for at least a half clean shirt to put on and almost gave up until I saw my favorite shirt lying at the bottom of the pile of clothes that had accumulated in the middle of my room for the last month or so. I pulled my Black Flag tee over my head and ruffled my hair a little. Thankfully my hair dries pretty quick. Looking in the mirror, I applied a smudge of eyeliner to the bottom of my eye trying hard to make them stand out. Now presentable, I ran down stairs, confronted by my Mom in the kitchen. Time to put this plan into action.

"Hey Mom, I was wondering if like, you're gonna bake something for the new family next door? Ya know 'cause you normally do, " I nervously laughed. "'Cause if ya do, I could like, drop it over? Say hi? All that jazz?"
"Mmhmm," my Mom hummed in reply. Like really? That was her only response? Does she even care?! As if she knew that I was doubting her, she pulled out a tray full of cakes and cookies out of the oven. Holy fuck they looked nice.

"One sec hun. Go put your shoes on and you can go straight after," I looked at her dumbfounded, while she just looked up at me and grinned. I loved how even after my 17 years of being alive, she still treats me like the 4 year old kid I once was.
"I know you wanna meet that boy Frank. I saw him looking up and smiling. I'm not stupid dear. Now go!"
I gave my Mom a huge smile before walking down the hallway. I could hear my Mom's laugh ringing down the hall as I started to put my black, scuffed chucks on. I loved my Mom so much at that moment. She is like the coolest Mom ever.
I'm so happy that she's fine with me being gay and didn't turn out to be a complete homophobe. But she told me after I came out, that she always thought I would turn out to be gay.
Apparently I used to like dressing up in her clothes and apply a lot of her make up onto my own face. Somehow, she thought that would make me gay. I guess she was right though.

I walked back into the kitchen where my Mom had successfully organized the freshly baked items into a pretty little basket.
"Now scram you punk," my Mom joked, holding out the basket to me. "Have fun." She wink at me.
"Yeah, kay Mom," I replied over my shoulder, walking towards the front door.
I walked over the lawn to next door, stopping quickly to check my hair out in the window of a parked car. Argh, why did I look like such a mess. Maybe he'd think otherwise and think I was a hot mess.
Only in your dreams Iero.
I slowly walked up by the front gate and stood in front of it for a minute. I looked over the house properly for the first time.
It looked relatively nice. No scrap that. It looked fucking awesome. The grass was cut neatly and there were little rose bushes scattered along the edges of the garden. A little blossom tree stood in the middle of one half of the grass, the pink flowers slightly falling, creating the most angelic scene I have seen.
On the other side of the garden, stood a small wooden bench for just about 2 people to sit on. At the corner of that side stood a huge tree, the branches leaning both out of the garden, shading the sidewalk as well as covering a small area in the garden.
Dangling from one of the huge branches hung an old fashioned swing, the type you see in horror movies and a little demon girl swings all innocently on.
Yeah, those kind of swings.
Then there was the huge fucking vines of ivy climbing up the side of the house,leaching all the way to the roof, curling round the windows on both the bottom and top floor.
Normally a house like this would have looked a mess, but the vines liked as if someone cut them regularly.
I can't believe after all these years of living in my house, I never took the time to notice such an amazing like this this especially the house next door!

Taking a deep breath in, I open the gate separating me from the house of which the hottest guy ever lived. I took a step forward and before I knew it, I was standing nervously on next doors door step.

I'm not gonna lie, I was shitting myself.