Status: Active.

Gravity

T E N

I got out of the car and opened Andy's door before he could, all while pushing fans back, "Please step back. He can't get out of the car if you don't step back," I called.

"You know, the guy is supposed to open the door for the lady," He smirked and I turned away before he could catch my blush.

Instead, I grabbed his arm and pulled him through the sea of fans. Security was attempting to keep them back as much as they could, but Andy was late for an interview, "Don't worry. He'll be out to see you all when he's done," I smiled and continued to pull him. As girls attached themselves to him, I pulled him away and shoved him inside before shutting the door. I sighed, exhausted.

"Well, you did better than any two-hundred pound guard I've ever met," He laughed.

"Funny, but we need to get you to wardrobe now," I smiled and ushered him into a room. There were only a few people in the room, a rack of clothes, and some mirrors. I sat Andy down and handed him a water bottle before going to find who was in charge.

"Hi, I'm Kennedy. I'm Andy's assistant for the day," I smiled and shook a woman's hand. She gave a stern nod back.

"He should be getting dressed as we speak, then he'll head off to makeup. We'll be doing the interview first," She explained.

"That's perfect, but there are some notes I am supposed to send you. If you could pass them long to the journalist, that would be great," I smiled and she nodded, "Okay. We try to stick to questions concerning mostly the band and the music. Tour is also a great topic. However, Andy's personal life is off-limits. This also includes and fan questions. Any questions concerning his parents, relatives, friends, or girlfriend," I had to try to not spit out the last part, "Are not acceptable," I explained.

"Okay. I'll make sure she knows that before the interview gets started," She smiled and was off.

I speed-walked my way back to the dressing room and stepped inside. Andy was getting his face painted, and any blemishes were being covered up. "How's it going?" He asked as a woman smudged black streaks on his face.

"Everything is good. We're just waiting on you," I smiled. He was wearing tight black pants, his combat boots, a button up shirt, and a blazer with studs on it. They had put him in a solid black tie as well, and styled his short hair a bit more than the bed-head he was used to.

"Uh, you told them to not ask about Kat, right?" He asked.

"Everything has been handled. I also told them to avoid questions regarding your family as well," I replied and he smiled.

"You're the best," He grinned and I blushed.

I don't know why Andy refused to talk about Kat in his interviews. Kat always complained to me about it. But I never told her how every interview I had to tell the journalist that any questions regarding her or family were off limits. Andy never gave me a reason as to why he didn't want to talk about her. I mean, why wouldn't he? She's a model, a popular one at that. I mean, she's no Kate Moss but she's popular in Hollywood. She's done a plethora of men's magazines, and walked runways for Los Angeles fashion. Still, Andy hardly mentioned her.

"You all set?" I asked as he stood up, fixing his tie.

"This tie sucks," He groaned and I laughed. I couldn't help but admire how good he looked in it.

"The sooner you get this done, the sooner you can get out of it. Let's go," I smiled and lead him towards the room.

He sat down on a red couch and I was handed a small microphone. He got comfortable and I took a seat next to him, "Turn towards me," I instructed and he did so.

"Can I get some more water?" He asked.

"Of course. Let me just get this straight," I said and clipped the mic to the lapel of his blazer before running off the set to grab him a glass of water. I did so and returned, handing it to him, before fixing a few stray hairs. The lights turned on and the interviewer stepped out, sitting in the opposite chair of Andy.

"And five, four, three, two, one," Someone announced and the camera was rolling. She introduced herself as Destiny. She was a popular radio host for a rock station. This interview was for their show they do online. She introduced Andy, then admired his singing and the new album. She mentioned something about tour before she asked, "So do you miss your girlfriend on tour?"

My eyes widened and he looked around, "Of course," He shrugged, "What kind of question is that?"

"You're dating model, Kat Kingston, aren't you?" She asked and my mouth dropped. I looked down at my clipboard. I had a paper clearly stating the questions regarding Kat were to not be asked.

Andy looked to me, away from the camera, with his mouth open, "Yeah."

"So I have some fan questions here. The first is from Amber in Texas. She asks, 'Andy, is your girlfriend ever at the shows? I know Ashley's is and I was wondering if she worked merch too'."

I immedietly scowled and walked out through the back door, not caring if a made noise as I walked over to the woman I had spoken to earlier. She was watching from a small television screen in the same room Andy used to get ready, "We have a clear statement, which you signed, stating those questions weren't to be asked," I stated. I even shocked myself at the strong tone of my voice. Her mouth hung opened and her eyes were wide.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what's going on with her. We informed her of your request before she sat down," She explained.

"You're violating the contract. This is going to get fixed right now," I stated.

"Of course," She muttered before ducking out of the room.

I too followed, out to where Andy was still being interviewed. He looked uncomfortable, and he had a slight scowl on his face. He was annoyed with her, and he was using all of his self control to not say something on camera, "That's all we have time for today. Send in your questions for next week's guest online," She smiled, and the camera went off.

I walked forward immediately and grabbed Andy. He followed me to the dressing room where I handed him his previous clothes before leaving him to change. I turned and scowled at the woman and she opened her mouth to apologize. I held a hand up to her, "That footage doesn't get used. I don't care what you have to do. You'll be facing a lawsuit if that gets up on the internet," I warned. She nodded, and said nothing else as she walked off. When I turned around, Andy was there in the doorway and I sighed, "C'mon. You have some fans waiting outside and you have a photoshoot down the street," I reminded him.

He nodded, and we were off. Outside, I hung around him, and watched as he put on his best smile and began to sign and take pictures with fans. By the tensed muscles in his shoulder, I could tell he was mad. I watched as he fought it, biting back remarks, as he continued to smile for the girls screaming for him. There were still fans when we reached the car, but Andy had reached his limit. He gave a wave before diving into the back of the car, and I followed and shut the door.

As soon as we were in the car I got on my phone, "John? We had a problem," I stated.

"What happened?"

"They ignored the statement about the certain questions to not be asked," I told him.

"Jesus," He breathed, "These damned journalists are sneaky. What did you do about it?"

"Threatened a lawsuit. They aren't to use any footage of those questions at all," I explained.

"Good. Thank you. Are you headed to the shoot now?" He asked.

"Yeah. There's traffic, so we'll be there around the evening."

"Okay. Just make sure he doesn't fly off the handle. I know how he gets," He warned.

"Got it. We'll see you soon," I said, and he hung up.

I sighed, setting my phone on the seat behind me and checking the clock on the dashboard. We were stuck in traffic, attempting to reach the freeway with more traffic. I would be in a car with Andy for a while.

"Thanks," He stated softly.

"I'm sorry?" I asked and he turned to me.

"Thanks. For handling that, I mean," He said.

"Oh. Well, that's my job," I shrugged and he nodded.

"I just don't understand when they have to get into my personal business like that. I mean, who are they to ask those questions you know?" He asked no one in particular, and his voice getting louder.

"Hey," I stated and put a hand on his shoulder, he looked to it, then to me, "It's over now and it's going to get taken care of. Don't worry about anything," I smiled. He was silent, kind of just looking at me for a while. I wondered if there was anything on my face.

"Thanks," He smiled, "I don't think anyone has ever calmed me down so fast," He laughed.

"It's my job," I repeated and his smile fell, "What's wrong? Did I say something?" I asked and he shook his head.

"You're a good person, Kennedy. You really are. You don't fuck around with stupid shit like drugs, or get involved with drama. Don't change, okay?"

I raised an eyebrow, "Okay. But where did that come from?" I asked and he sighed.

"Last night," He started and my chest tightened, "Kat said some pretty horrible things about you. About a lot of people," He scoffed and shook his head, "I feel guilty. I've never seen her like that, though. You know her better than anyone. Better than me, at least. Has she ever said anything mean to anyone?" He asked.

I bit back my own tears. I thought of all the times Kat had called me too skinny, too dull, not pretty enough, and sometimes just down right ugly. It was unfair, this whole thing. It wasn't a walk in the park. Still, I lied, "No. She's always been wonderful," I smiled and he nodded.

"I just saw a different side of her. Alcohol brings out the worst in people. It sucks that she had said some things about you. She talked about Ashley, Dee, and CC too," He explained. It took all of my strength to bite back the secret CC had revealed to me. I wanted so badly to tell Andy that Kat had cheated, but I didn't. I didn't want him hurt.

-

"Listen, here, Bitch," Kat poked a finger at Dee, "I don't care how pretty you try to make her. Andy will always be mine. And if you think for one second a little hair dye and makeup is going to change his mind, then you're wrong."

Dee smacked Kat's hand away and took a step forward, "First off, don't point your fucking manicured nail at me, Princess. And second, you better watch what you fucking say. You forget that before you, Andy had Ashley and CC. So if you think that Andy is going to believe you over his best friends, then you're in for a rude awakening."

Kat rolled her eyes, "I came here to apologize, not fight with you, Dee," Kat scoffed.

"I don't want your fucking apology," Dee spat, "I want you to get out of my face. And I want you to stop telling stupid shit to Kennedy."

"Don't you see!?" Kat laughed, "She needs someone else to stick up for her! She can't even tell me herself. She has you do it for her. She's just a kid. And the sooner she gets over her fantasizing about my boyfriend, the sooner she'll be happier. Hell, she should forget the whole thing and fuck CC if she's that lonely. I'm helping her, Dee. Without me, she would think she actually has a chance."

"You're a fucking bitch, Kat. I don't know what Andy sees in you..." Dee paused and looked Kat in her dark green eyes, "But he's never seen the real you."

"Just you try to tell him that," Kat threatened before turning on her heels and walking out of the hotel room.

Dee ran a hand through her hair, looking over at Ashley sitting on the bed. He looked up at her, a glare in his eye, "That bitch needs someone to slap the shit out of her," He stated, before taking a swig of his bottle of whiskey.

"You're telling me?" Dee shook her head and rolled her eyes. She would get Kat away from Andy if it were the last thing she did.