Status: Active.

Gravity

T W E L V E

I had my head in Ashley's lap as he ran his fingers through my hair. He didn't care that my tears had soaked his jeans. My mascara was probably dripping as well, but it didn't matter since he wore black jeans. Dee leaned forward and shoved another spoonful of ice-cream into my mouth. Ashley also didn't care if some of the ice cream had gotten on his pants, due to Dee's awful aiming. I took it, not caring if I was going to eat myself away. I just wanted to leave this planet. I sniffled a bit before Ashley sighed, "It's okay," Ashley stated softly.

I didn't explain what had happened. Mainly because it would involve me telling them about the letters. They couldn't know, because I knew they would tell Andy. I also knew that they would try to convince me to not write them anymore, resulting in Andy also finding out. It was a horrible predicament.

"Do you feel like talking about it now?" CC asked.

"He just loves her so much," I mumbled. My head hurt from a brain-freeze, but I didn't care. "He doesn't even know the real her. He only knows the lies she fed him," I whined.

"He'll realize the truth soon, Kennedy. Just be patient," CC stated.

"When, though!?" I shot up and raised my voice, "This is so stupid! I don't know why I'm bothering! He obviously loves her. Wether it's for the right reasons or not, he loves her. I can't help that and I can't break them up!" I stated and stood up off the bed.

"Hey! Where are you going?" Dee asked.

"The bus. I need to be alone," I called back and shut the door behind me. I ran a hand through my hair before walking towards the elevators. I just needed some alone time to get all of my emotions out.

I got into the elevator, and shut my eyes. I waited for the doors to close. I felt them move, but something stopped them. I opened them to see Andy standing there, his eyes wide, "What happened? Are you okay?" He asked, stepping inside of the elevator.

Of all times for him to show up, he shows up now? I must have looked ridiculous as my shirt was wrinkled and my mascara was leaking down my cheeks.

"I'm fine," I stated and pressed the button for the first floor.

"You're obviously not fine. Why are you crying?" He asked.

"It's nothing. I just need some alone time, that's all," I stated.

He sighed, "Well, I was heading to my bus if you wanted to come."

"No. I'm going to mine," I stated flatly.

"Are you sure? Maybe you shouldn't be alone..." He trailed off.

"I'm emotional not suicidal!" I snapped and his eyes widened, "I'm sorry. I just," I paused and took in a deep breath, "I just want to be alone. If that's okay."

"Yeah... I need some alone time too," He muttered.

"I thought you were going to fix everything," I said.

He shrugged, "I did..." He shook his head, "I said something about one of our letters..."

I stopped. My whole body went numb and I closed my eyes.

"She didn't remember. I reminded her of how in the last letter she wrote how she was the luckiest. She wrote these amazing words. I asked her if I could maybe put them in a song for the next album. She had no clue," He scoffed.

"It's a lot of letters to keep up with, don't you think?" I asked.

"I remember ever single one of them," He said softly.

We made it to the first floor, and he walked by my side out to the parking lot. His bus was parked next to mine, and I made it to the front door. Jeff and Jake were gone, and I was alone. "If you need anything, I'm next door," He said softly.

"I'm fine," I said and I shut the door behind me.

I walked over to the bunks and stopped. I really needed to let everything out. I got on all fours and pulled out a case from underneath the bottom bunk and opened it. My guitar was still a little dusty. I hadn't used it since the first night of tour. Dee had forced me to play a song for her.

I loved to sing and play guitar. Hardly anyone knew that, though. I was always too afraid to actually sing in front of anyone. Dee was an exception, mainly because she never took no for an answer. As for Kat, well she never cared. I never had the courage to be able to sing in front of crowds like Andy did.

I sat down on the couch in the living area and put my guitar on my lap before pulling out a pick. I sighed and closed my eyes, strumming the first few chords, "Something always brings me back to you," I sang softly, "It never takes too long. No matter what I say or do, I'll still feel you here 'til the moment's gone." I wished I could just forget about Andy and move on. I just wanted to find someone new.

"You hold me without touch," I continued, "You keep me without chains. I never wanted anything so much, than to drown in your love and not feel your rain."

I took a breath and started to sing louder. I just needed to let it all out.

-

Andy kicked a rock in front of him as he lit up a cigarette. He found himself on the other side of Kennedy's bus as he stopped and took a long drag. It was at that moment that he heard the sound of a guitar and soft singing.

"Set me free. Leave me be. I don't want to fall another moment into your gravity. Here I am, and I stand so tall. Just the way I'm supposed to be. But you're onto me and all over me," He heard. It was a voice he had not recognized. He also didn't recognize the song. He inched closer to the bus, standing up on his toes to get closer to the open window of the bus.

"I live here on my knees as I try to make you see that you're everything I think I need, here on the ground. But you're neither friend nor foe. I can't seem to let you go. The one thing I still know is that you're keeping me down," Andy winced. The singing was beautiful, but the pain he heard in Kennedy's voice pulled at his heart. The way she sang her words made him feel the pain she was in.

"You're on to me, on to me, and all over..." She stopped, "Something always brings me back to you. It never takes too long."

The sounds of the guitar stopped, and Andy knew the song was over. He sighed and put out his cigarette before Kennedy could catch him outside.

He debated going into her bus, especially when he heard a mangled sob. He knew it was too personal for her to discuss with him, though. Listening the song, he figured it was about somebody close. His first thought was CC, and despite Kennedy's earlier protests about not being involved with him, he saw that as a lie. Who else could it be about? Ashley was taken by Dee, and Kennedy showed no signs of interest in him.

He decided he would talk to CC. Kennedy was in too much pain, that much he did know. And he would try to stop it if he could But first he needed to have a talk with his friend. He needed to get all of his facts straight.

-

I wiped my eyes, now puffy and red. My hair was tossed to the side messily, but I didn't care. I huffed as I made it back to my bunk, putting my guitar away. Although Kat was now on tour, it didn't mean that the letters were going to stop. It just meant they would hand them to each other in person.

Dear Kat,

If anyone is the luckiest, then it's me. I'm lucky enough to have a girl like you who has words like yours. You make me shiver with every word you write. This is how I know you're the one for me. I'm so glad you're by my side again, just like you'll always be. We'll make it through anything, Babe. I've got you.


He's right. She did have him. And she always would.
♠ ♠ ♠
And thus... the title of the story.
Gravity by Sara Bareilles
You should give it a listen. It's a hauntingly amazing song.