Status: Active.

Gravity

T H I R T E E N

When I opened my eyes in the morning, Dee was poking her head through my bunk. I groaned, "What time is it?" I asked and she shrugged. "Don't we have a show today?"

"I told John you weren't feeling good at all. So did Ashley and CC," She explained and I nodded. I sat up, grabbing my notebooks filled with letters, and my other notebook with lyrics, and shoved them away so Dee couldn't see. "Are you feeling better?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yeah. I just needed to be alone," I sighed and she put a soft hand on my shoulder.

"We're here for you," She smiled, "Apparently Andy wasn't too happy either. Kat called asking where he was last night. Jake said he slept in the bus."

"Yeah. I saw him for a moment."

"You coming down to the venue?" She asked.

"Yeah, I have something to do first."

When Dee left I grabbed the letter. Now that Kat was on tour, I could give the letter to her so she can go ahead and hand deliver it to Andy. It made my life a lot easier, though I wished they would stop all together. However, the letters were the most special part about their relationship- according to Andy. He didn't want them to stop even though Kat was now by his side again.

I slipped on a pair of jeans and an off-the-shoulder top. I slipped on a pair of boots before grabbing a scarf and heading outside. Kat would be around somewhere. I wandered the grounds before seeing her sitting down on a bench around the back of the venue, her phone her her hand, "Hey," I muttered and she looked up.

"He's mad at me... again," She scoffed. "You wrote something in that stupid letter to make him upset."

"He's upset because you didn't know what the letter said," I rolled my eyes. She went to say something back to me, but I tossed the letter on to her lap, "I didn't seal it. This way you'll actually know what to say the next time he brings it up."

"That scarf doesn't go with your boots," She stated.

"I don't really fucking care," I shrugged and she glared at me.

"What the hell is your problem? You know ever since you've become Dee's little side-kick you've been acting like a bitch," She snapped.

"I'm sorry, Kat, but I just don't care anymore. I'm exhausted. I'm so drained. Between working with this band and writing your damn letters, it's just adding up. It's a lot to handle," I stated.

"You never had a problem before," She argued.

"Well, then how would you like to write your own letters then?" I asked and she froze. Her eyes were frozen with mine. I was not going to let up this time. Maybe in the past she had tried to manipulate me, but I was done.

"You wouldn't dare tell him," She said, "You don't have the guts."

"I wouldn't tell him, you're right. But that doesn't mean I have to write them. You can stay up thinking about what to write. I'm sure he'll see on his own what's really going on. I won't have to tell him anything," I glared.

She was silent for a moment, "What do you want from me?" She asked, "Money? You think Andy won't notice random chunks of money slipping from our account?" She defended.

I scoffed, "You know I make enough money as it is, Kat. I want you to leave me out of your business. I want you to leave me alone. I don't want you telling me that I dress stupid, that Dee is a slut, or that I don't have boobs," I took a step towards her, "I'm sick of you making me feel so inferior to you, because I'm not."

She scoffed, "You think you're better than me!?" She laughed.

"Spell the word establishment," I crossed my arms over my chest and she rolled her eyes.

"I understand you feel bad because I'm prettier than you, Kennedy," This time it was me who rolled my eyes, "But I say these things to you out of love. I just don't want you thinking your someone your not," She smiled.

"I can think for myself, thanks. Unlike you," I glared. "So leave me alone. I'll write all the fucking letters you want if you just leave me alone."

"And if I don't?" She scoffed.

"You can write them," I shrugged. "Be my guest."

"And if I tell Andy about how madly in love you are with him?" She smirked. This was a side of Kat I had never seen. Kat had revealed that she wasn't stupid. She knew what was going on. And now she knew my weakness.

"I don't," I stated and she rolled her eyes.

"Then who are you getting all dolled up for then?" She asked, "CC?" She gave a cackle at the name.

"Yeah, actually," I fought back. I refused to let her know that I had feelings for Andy. I wouldn't let her take that from me.

Her smile fell, "Oh really? C'mon, Kennedy. You said you were smart," She put a hand on her hip.

"Oh, jealous because you kissed him and he didn't even want you?" I asked.

The look on Kat's face was a look I would cherish forever. She was shocked, scared, frightened. She didn't know how I knew and she wasn't sure what I would do with the information.

"How did you..." She trailed off.

"I run tour, Kat. I'm the boss. You of all people should know that I know everything that goes on," I challenged.

"Oh God..." She whispered, "Kennedy, I'm sorry. Okay? I was only mean because I thought for the longest time you were in love with my boyfriend. But you can't tell him, okay? You can't tell him that I cheated," She pleaded.

I rolled my eyes, "You can't tell him anything! Not about CC or Jake!" She exclaimed.

I stopped. This time it was me who had wide eyes, "Jake?" I questioned and I laughed. She shut her eyes with embarrassment as she realized her mistake, "You slept with him didn't you?" I accused, "When CC denied you, you ran to the next person in line," I shook my head.

"Promise you won't tell him," She pleaded. It was the first time I had seen Kat so weak and vulnerable. For once I was the strong one. And I liked it.

"I'm not making any promises," I spat, "Now you can deal with your own mistakes. Don't you dare break your own promise, Kat, or I will tell Andy everything," I threatened.

With that she walked off, defeated. Andy wasn't mine. He might never be. But I felt on top of the world. I was in control now, not Kat. I was the one who controlled her now. She would have to answer to me, not the other way around. I had realized in that moment that Kat was just as weak and insecure as me. I found her weakness, and she was to stupid to realize mine. I felt like I had won.

"You did good, Kid," I heard from behind me. I turned around and saw CC standing there, a grin on his face. My eyes widened. "You stood up to that bitch once and for all," He took a step forward.

"How long have you been here?" I asked, trying to keep my voice as calm as possible.

"I've been around the corner the whole time. I followed you from your bus," He confessed and I sucked in a large breath of air, "Why didn't you tell me about the letters?" He asked.

I let out my breath I was holding and sighed, "The less people who knew the better. If Andy realized it was me all along, he would find out I was in love with him," I stated.

"We could have helped you, you know," He informed me, "We could have made it a little bit easier. Instead of living a lie."

"I was so used to it," I shrugged and he nodded.

"You're going to keep writing them?" He asked.

"Well, yeah. I can't stop. Kat thinks I can, but I really can't. Andy would be just as mad at me as he will be at Kat. She doesn't need to know that, though," I explained and he nodded.

"I don't think it's a good idea, but you can do what you want. We're not telling you how to live your life," He shrugged.

"Are you going to tell Dee?" I asked.

He smirked, "I get the feeling that she already knows."