Status: Active.

Gravity

F O U R T E E N

"I saw them," Dee said quietly.

It was just us in the room. Although Ashley and CC decided to head to the bar downstairs, we opted to stay in. Dee wanted to spend time together, without the boys, and without dressing me up. Just a cozy night in with cups of coffee, some ice cream, and in our pajamas.

"They were in your bunk. Ashley got mad at me for snooping," She chuckled and I let out a small smile, "They were beautiful, Kennedy," She said softly and I looked up at her, "And I got this feeling that I wasn't the one to be reading them... but I did anyways. It was like watching magic unfold. The words you and Andy traded," She shook her head, "It's beautiful."

"Yet tragic," I added, spooning a mouthful of Double Chocolate Chunk into my mouth. Dee had sent Ashley out for ice cream before going to the bar, and she told him he would be without sex for the rest of tour if he didn't come back with the most chocolately-decadence he could possibly find. I had never seen him run so fast.

She looked at me sadly, "I would give you my opinion, but I don't think you want to hear it," She stated, scratching the back of her head.

"Amuse me," I shrugged and she grabbed the carton of ice cream, taking some for herself as I listened.

"Andy wrote the first letter to Kat after she had charmed him with her smile and probably waved her boobs in front of his face," She rolled her eyes, "He never really got to know her before writing the first letter. And he didn't fall in love with her until he got his first letter from her," She gave me a look, "He didn't fall in love with Kat, Kennedy... He fell in love with you."

"That's bullshit," I stated and she shook her head.

"He thinks he loves Kat. He's blinded by this lie that she's living. I mean, don't you see how much they argue when they're actually together?" She asked.

It was true, for the most part. Whenever Kat and Andy were together (and sober) they argued a lot. They irritated each other, and for the longest time I thought it was normal.

"The only time he's really happy or head over heels for her is when she's away, and he gets your letters," She said softly.

"So what am I supposed to do, huh?" I asked and she quickly handed over the ice cream at the first sign of my tears, "Just show up on his bus with all of the letters and say 'here'?" I questioned, "Don't you think that's taking a step backwards? Because of course he'll be pissed. That doesn't mean he's just going to leave Kat and come to me. If Kat goes down, I go down. We're both in a sinking ship... and there's only one life vest."

"It's going to be hard. I never said it was going to be easy," She said softly and encouraged me to keep eating the ice cream. We were running low, and I was sure she would be calling Ashley soon to send some more up. "I already know one of you is going to get hurt... but I truly believe it will work out in the end. Trust me," She said softly.

I shrugged, "I'm going to keep writing the letters for now," And she nodded, "I finally have control of Kat, and I might as well use it," I stated and she laughed.

"I like your style," She said and we both began to chuckle.

I got up from the bed, leaving the ice cream behind, and tackled her in a hug. She was startled at first, mainly because it was never me to give her a hug. It was usually her choking me in a hug until I gave in. But this time I wanted to hug Dee, "You're the best friend I could ever ask for, Dee," I said softly.

"Not just your best friend. You're my sister, Kennedy. Like family, I'll always have your back," She replied and hugged me tighter.

We pulled away, both with tears in our face. We laughed at how pathetic we looked and sat back down on the beds.

"There's only one problem," Dee said suddenly and I looked to her, "You know Kat told Andy that you and CC are dating, right?" She said and I groaned. I forgot I had used CC to cover up everything about Andy.

"I forgot about that," I sighed.

"Guess you're not single anymore," She shrugged and I sent her a glare.

-

"She's just been nagging me all day," Andy sighed into his drink and Ashley sent him a look, "She keeps asking me if I love her. Then she jumped into how long it would be until I proposed, and when I would meet her parents."

"Sounds like you've got commitment issues," CC stated, taking a swig of his beer. Andy rolled his eyes.

"I just don't know where this is coming from. I mean, sure we've talked about marriage before... But she knows I'm not ready."

"Will you ever be?" Ashley asked.

Andy raised an eyebrow, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means," Ashley turned to him, "Can you really see yourself dealing with this for the rest of your life?"

Andy was silent and shrugged, "I don't know. I really don't. She's just... I don't understand why she's so different when she's around me. She's so different when she writes her letters."

Ashley bit back a remark about Kat and the letters, and turned to CC. He wanted more than anything to just shake Andy by the shoulders until he understood, but he couldn't do so without Kennedy's permission.

"Man I wish I had a relationship like you and Kennedy," Andy stated suddenly.

CC gave him a look and almost forgot about the conversation Kennedy had with Kat earlier, "Oh, yeah she's awesome man," CC smiled.

"I know it's early in your relationship, but you guys seem happy," He said.

"Yeah. She's pretty amazing. Doesn't nag, really cool, pretty," CC stated.

Andy scoffed, "Pretty" He laughed, "That's it? Man, you must be blind if you don't think Kennedy is more than pretty. She's fucking gorgeous."

"Yeah, but so is," CC paused, "Kat," He almost had to refrain from spitting the name out.

"Yeah," Andy nodded, "Her looks definitely caught my attention. I mean, she's a model, but not someone I would usually pursue. It was the letters than really made me fall for her. I just wished she was like that all the time," Andy confessed.

"Maybe you guys need a break. Not break up," Ashley started, "But she came on tour really suddenly, and you guys aren't used to living together. So maybe you need to be a part, like tour should be," Ashley suggested.

"Man, if I suggest that to Kat she'll kill me," Andy chuckled, "I wouldn't be mad if she wanted to leave on her own, but if I tell her to she'll flip out even more than she is now," He explained.

Andy was too busy ordering another drink to see the devilish and mischievous smirk CC sent Ashley.