Status: Active.

Gravity

T W E N T Y - T W O

"Bye!" Kat called as her date from the previous night headed towards the elevators. She stretched, giving a final wave before turning back around and heading back to her apartment. She turned the corner and looked up, stopping at who was standing there, "Andy?" She asked. She wanted to smile, but she couldn't at the sight of his deep scowl.

"How many guys stay the night here when I'm gone?" Andy asked and she shook her head.

"Andy, Baby, it's not what it..."

"Not what it looks like!?" He yelled and Kat followed him inside, "Tell me the fucking truth, Kat," He ordered he locked his eyes with hers, "Did you cheat on me with Jake?" He asked.

"Andy..." She whispered.

"Answer the fucking question!" Andy yelled and Kat jumped back, startled.

"Yes," She answered and he closed his eyes, defeated.

"Andy it was an accident. We were drunk and it was late..." She defended and he held a hand up to her.

"I don't want to fucking hear it!" Andy cut her off. Kat shut her mouth, taking a step back, "Did you really make Kennedy write all those letters?" He asked, his voice soft, he was almost too scared to ask.

"I didn't make her do anything," Kat spat, "I asked for a little help, and she did."

Andy took in a deep breath, "Do you understand what those letters meant to me!?" Andy shouted, "What they meant to our relationship!"

"That's why I wanted to make them special! You wouldn't have loved me if I hadn't!" Kat argued and Andy shook his head.

"I built our entire relationship off of those letters. I thought I fell in love with the girl in the letters," He said.

"You did," Kat stepped forward, "Just because I don't think like Kennedy doesn't mean you didn't fall in love with me," She ran a hand through his hair. He shivered, reminded of the moments he spent with Kennedy in her bus, only for him to push her away.

"Where's Kennedy?" He asked suddenly and she scoffed.

"Oh, so you're going to run for her now?" Kat asked.

Andy took a step towards Kennedy's room, but quickly noticed everything had been cleared out, "She left?" He asked.

Kat shrugged, "She came for a little bit, packed her stuff, called me a bitch, then left," She explained.

"Where is she?"

"How should I fucking know!?" Kat asked, "And why do you even care!?"

Andy turned to her, breathing heavily, "Kat, there's something I've always wanted to tell you."

"What?" She snapped.

"Shut the fuck up."

-

I sighed into the pillow. I would need to start looking for a new job soon, but I wanted a few days to relax.

Once again my phone was ringing, and I groaned. I rolled over and looked at the screen and saw John's number. Sighing, I knew it was a call I had to take, "Hello?" I answered sheepishly. I was waiting for the yelling to begin.

"Hey," He said softly and I raised an eyebrow.

"Hey," I stated awkwardly and I heard him sigh.

"You find a place to stay?" He asked.

"A hotel for now," I replied and he sighed again.

"You have the keys to my house, Ken. You know you're more than welcome to stay there," He stated.

"Ugh, you know how I feel about that, John. It's weird," I replied and I could almost see him shaking his head.

"Well, you do what ever you want then, Ken. But you know you have a place if you need one."

"I'm looking for a new apartment."

"And what about a job?" He asked, "You're going from a tour manager back to the diner you were working at?" He asked, voice raising a little bit.

"If I have to, then yeah."

"C'mon, Kennedy. You know that sounds illogical. Let me call someone at the label and get you a job. You have experience now," He suggested.

"No, John. You've handed everything to me."

"You worked for everything, Kennedy. I was just the only one to give you a chance."

"How's everything over there?" I asked, "Has it burned to the ground yet?" I smirked and he laughed, releasing some of the tension between us.

"Not yet, but haven't had a show yet," He chuckled, "You know it's only a few days before we're in Hollywood, right?"

"Yeah," I whispered.

"You can always come to one last show."

"No, I don't want to go back," I said and I could sense that he was nodding.

"Well, will you come to the album party? At least let us say good bye?"

"I'll think about it..." I trailed off and he sighed.

"You know that's just your nice way of saying 'no'," He informed me.

"I know," I laughed softly.

"Well, you'll always be on the list. Just remember that."

"I will."

John hung up shortly after that, and I was alone again. I had sixteen missed calls from Dee, ten from Ashley, and seven from CC. I had a lot of text messages that I hadn't looked at. But it was dark, and I just wanted to sleep.

I didn't know what hurt more. My head or my heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short again. They'll get longer, though. Pinky Promise.
Next update won't be until tonight. I have some school stuff today. Happy readings! :)