Status: Active.

Gravity

F O U R

When I woke up, I was freezing and I had no blankets, "God dammit, Dee," I muttered. I knew she had to have taken my blanket last night when she got in. Still, I wouldn't open the curtain to her bunk, mainly because I figured Ashley was in there was well. It was too early to see that.

Much to my surprise, though, Ashley was already awake and wandering the front part of the bus, "Looking for something?" I asked as he opened a cupboard.

"Yeah, aspirin... And a gun to shoot myself with," He muttered the last part and I chuckled. I grabbed my backpack from the corner and opened it and dug for my bottle of aspirin before tossing it to him. "Oh, thank you Jesus," He breathed as he poured two into his palm before swallowing them dry. "So where did you head off to last night?"

"Here," I stated.

"Oh, so you didn't head to the hotel with CC?" He laughed and my eyes widened.

"No! No it's nothing like that," I stated quickly, "He talked with me for a while and we ended up leaving. That's all."

"Well, Andy said he saw you leaving holding hands," Ashley added.

I shook my head, "No," I stated firmly, "He dragged me out of that damn bar by my hand. I don't know. I seriously think CC needs help," I stated.

"Alright, I believe you," He smiled and I rolled my eyes.

Just as he said that Kat stumbled into the room, my blanket wrapped around her shoulders. She shuffled her way over to the small kitchen area, grabbing the instant coffee from the cabinet. I walked over and ripped the blanket off her, and she was still in her clothes from last night, "Hey!" She growled.

"Get your own god-damned blanket," I muttered.

"There's no show today. What are we doing?" Ashley asked. I suddenly remembered what CC had told me last night. I really hadn't the time to dig through my suitcases for cute outfits. I still had to figure out how to get Andy's letter to him without being seen.

"Sleeping," I stated.

"Oh. I got a text from CC last night saying we were all going to bond together?" He questioned and I rolled my eyes.

"CC's on drugs," I muttered.

"Well, let's head up to the hotel. This bus makes me claustrophobic," Dee stated.

I had changed into a pair of ripped jeans, my converse, and a flannel shirt before running a brush through my hair. I followed Dee and Ashley up to his room. I was hoping that CC was drunk last night and would forget about today, or was hungover and still asleep. Ashley opened the door to his room, and I groaned when I saw CC already awake.

"Good morning, new best friend!" CC shouted and ran over to me. "We have lots of things to do today. We should get started as soon as possible."

"Oh lord," I muttered.

"What's he talking about?" Dee asked and I rolled my eyes.

"You haven't told them!?" CC shouted and I winced. He threw his hands in the air and turned around, exasperated. "You need to sit them down and tell them right now," He ordered, and I knew I was cornered.

"What's going on with you two?" Ashley questioned.

"Uh," I looked down at my feet and played with the hem of my shirt. My palms began to sweat. I couldn't exactly find my words until I looked up. Ashley and Dee were looking at me, arms crossed, waiting for me to speak. I sighed, "Uh... I like Andy... A lot," I muttered.

Their faces were blank for a moment. That was until they burst into laughter. My mouth dropped and I stood there confused as they began to laugh, doubling over each other as they tried to catch their breaths, "You honestly thought I didn't know already!?" Dee exclaimed, a large smile on her face.

"What?" I questioned.

"Kennedy," She looked at me seriously and put a hand on my shoulder, "I've known since I met you that you've been in love with Andy. I just didn't want to make you uncomfortable. I figured you would tell me when you felt it was right."

"And you knew too!?" I asked Ashley and he shrugged.

"She tells me everything."

Is it that obvious? Did everyone know? And if everyone knew, who's to say Andy doesn't already know?

"Oh my god," I whispered and sat down on the bed.

"Don't worry," Ashley sat down next to me, "We're the only ones. I promise."

"How can you be sure?" I asked.

"Well, Jake doesn't pay attention to anything. Jinxx is oblivious to anything that involves romance, and Andy's too focused on Kat to see anything else."

I rolled my eyes. Well that made me feel better. Of course Andy was too busy with Kat to notice anything else. How would he ever notice me?

"Well, let the training begin," Dee smiled, CC grinning mischievously behind her. I groaned and turned to Ashley for help, who simply placed an assuring hand on my shoulder and laughed.

I had finally experienced true torture.

-

When lunch came around, Ashley and CC had offered to go get Dee and I food. Earlier, the boys had brought up all of the suitcases with both mine and Dee's clothes. She had then spent the whole early morning putting all of our clothes together, then dividing items, "See, these tops go good with these jeans. So, whenever you want to wear these, just pull one of these shirts and you know it'll match. It's easy," She smiled up at me.

She had said that what was hers is now also mine, and vice versa. She didn't care if I had taken some of her clothes to borrow. She was glad I wasn't going to wear jeans and band t-shirts every day.

I had managed to sneak away before the boys returned with food. I told Dee I needed to make a phone call. She agreed to give me space, so long as I had put a cuter outfit on. It was gloomy, and a little cold. She gave me a pair of dark wash jeans that were shredded on the thighs, a blue off the shoulder sweater, and a leather jacket to go over. She allowed me to wear my Vans, which I was thankful for. My feet were killing me from the heels she made me wear last night. (The same ones I had to walk in all the way back to the bus, thanks to CC.)

I reached the bus and made sure Dee didn't follow me before starting to dig in my bunk. I had found my notebook, the letter still shoved in the middle of the yellowing pages. I grabbed it, shoving it in my back pocket before heading back out of the bus. The band's bus was just next door. I sighed, groaning as I looked around. I walked over as fast as I could, and pulled on the handle for it to open.

Locked.

Oh great. Not only was Kat going to kill me, Andy was going to be pissed that his letter didn't come. Of course he would call Kat, and she would call me. I wouldn't settle. I didn't need Kat mad at me any more than she already was. I needed to find a way.

I managed to step on top of the bus's wheel, gripping to the side view mirror, before pulling myself to peer inside. No one was there, and thank goodness. They probably went to get lunch, which meant I didn't have very much time. I jumped down and ran around to the other side, there was bound to be a window open somewhere.

I saw it. One of the small window's in the bunk area was open. I sized the window then looked down at my body. I guess this would be a good time to be thankful for not having Kat's curves. Her boobs definitely wouldn't have fit. I grabbed my jacket and slid it off, and tightened the laces on my shoes. I looked up, then back around, before taking a couple steps back. I double checked for anyone walking again, and I took off. I leapt into the air, and my hands barely caught a grip on the window. I grunted, my arms already starting to burn. I slipped the sole of my shoe on the side of the bus, and started to pull myself up. I managed to get my top half in, before grabbing hold of whoever's bunk was in the way, and pulling myself all the way inside. I sighed, resting on the bunk for a moment to catch my breath. When I opened my eyes I groaned. "Really? Are you kidding me right now?" I asked myself as I stared up at Kat's picture, taped on the ceiling in Andy's bunk.

I wasted no time in rolling off the bed and quickly making my way to the living area. Looking at the table, the mail was already on the table. It hadn't been sorted through, which meant no one had been here yet. I quickly shoved the letter between the stack before sighing contently.

"Yeah, Babe, I'll check right now. I'm excited to read it. Don't worry about it. I'll see you soon," Andy's voice was drifting outside.

I glanced around for a way out. The only way was the way I came from.

"Okay. I love you too. Bye."

I could hear the door starting to be unlocked, so I took off. I dove into Andy's bunk, before tossing my feet out of the window just as I heard the front door to the bus close. I started to slide out of the window when I stopped. Something was caught. Looking down, I saw one of the rips in the jeans had a stray thread, caught on a screw. "Oh for fucks sake," I muttered and began to claw at the fabric. I wanted to cry as I could hear Andy shuffling around in the living area.

With a final tug, the thread came free and I tossed myself out of the window, panicking. I bit back a yelp when I landed, my ankle twisting in the process. I grabbed my jacket before started to take off back towards the hotel, when a searing pain shot through my leg, "Fuck!" I yelled and began to limp as fast as I could to the hotel.

"What the hell happened to you?" A voice asked.

God dammit.