Status: Active.

Gravity

S I X

Dear Kat,

I miss you more than any words I could write. I can't express how much I just need you near me. I miss your embrace, and your soft hair tickling my neck in the morning. I just need you with me again. You hold the key to my heart, Kat. You're my everything. I'm sorry my job forces me away from you. You deserve better, and I love you for putting up with me. I know it's hard, and all I can think about his home. My home is with you, my love. Be patient. I will see you soon, Darling.

Love, Andy


I rolled my eyes and tossed the letter aside to my bunk. Kat had emailed me, like she did with every letter, and I would have to read it. I needed to think of something new to write to Andy, but it would have to wait. I had things to do.

Today would be my day, I decided.

I took a deep breath when I exited the bus. Dee smiled over at me. She gave a wink before heading off to the merch tent. I turned around and looked down at myself. I was wearing a pair of black shredded shorts, and a black baggy tank-top with a large decorative skull on the front. It was still chilly, so I had on a pair of tights and my sneakers. Dee wanted me to wear heels, but I had argued that I still had a job to do, and I needed to be able to run around.

"You on site, Kennedy?" It was John, calling me on the walkie-talkie.

"I'm here, J. Where do you need me first?" I asked.

"There's some trouble with security. We have a few kids already trying to break the barrier. Try to keep them calm while they get more guys to block the entrance," He ordered.

"No problem."

I made my way to the front gate, hooking my walkie to my hip. I held my clipboard on my arm and tried to walk as confident as possible. Dee had told me that I needed to walk straight, looking ahead, as if nothing scared me. I did so, and I actually felt more confident with every step of the way.

When I reached the front gate I saw two security guards trying to hold back a group of kids. I reached them and gave a soft smile, "Hey guys, can I help you?" I asked.

There were three guys and two girls, trying to push their way through. "We have passes!" One of them shoved a laminated card in my face. I jerked away before grabbing it an examining it.

"Well guys, these actually look pretty authentic. Whoever made these is very talented," I complimented, then handed it back, "But they're fake."

"No they're not!" One of the girls shouted.

"What are your guys' names?" I asked, pulling up my clip board. Only John and I had the master list of everyone allowed backstage. I had every worker and every guest allowed beyond the gates. The only other person who had it is the head of security at every venue. "You guys aren't on the list, I'm sorry."

By that time the extra security had arrive and carried the kids off to the back of the entrance line. I needed to get back inside the venue to make sure everything was running smoothing for sound check.

"Hey," Someone stepped beside me. His name was Josh, and I recognized him as one of the guitar technicians.

"Hey," I greeted.

"Uh, you seem new. I haven't seen you around before," He smiled, "Can I direct you somewhere?" He asked.

I have him a bewildered look, and his smile fell, "Josh, I'm your boss," I confessed, "Kennedy."

His eyes widened, and he said nothing more as he stepped back and walked away. I blushed, smiling. He had noticed me. Someone had noticed me.

I walked even more confidently to the venue, to check up on the boys in the dressing room. I was nervous to see Andy. My ankle was still sore from the fall from the tour bus last week, but I wasn't limping. CC and Ashley had spent all night holding ice, then a heat pack on it as Dee played with my hair.

"Hey, best friend!" CC yelled when I walked into the room. He tackled me and I fell to the ground, my ankle once again searing with pain.

"Be careful!" Ashley shouted when I gave a yelp.

CC's weight was crushing me until Ashley pulled him up, before resting my ankle on his lap, "It's swelling up again. Way to go, CC," He glared.

"It's fine. I'll be okay," I replied.

"Hey, Andy, are you doing anything? You think you can take her to get ice?" Ashley asked Andy, sitting in the corner with a notebook in his hand.

"Sorry. I'm waiting to see if Kat got my letter," He replied waiting for his phone to go off and I felt my shoulders drop a bit.

He didn't even look at me.

No one said anything as CC picked me up, and I fell limp. I didn't want to try anymore. Who was I kidding? I was wasting my time trying to get Andy. He was in love with Kat. They've been together for almost two years. How could I be the one to try to destroy that? I was the one who helped build that.

I didn't realize I was crying until CC nudged a tear from my cheek, "I got you, Doll," He said softly and I just leaned my head against his shoulder.

"I don't want to do this anymore," I mumbled.

"Ken, it's only been a week. Don't be too quick in your decision," He smiled as he sat me down in the living area.

"Why do you want me to destroy their relationship?" I asked.

CC sighed, "I don't know if you should be asking that question. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to answer," He replied.

"What the hell is going on that you need to break them up? Kat is my best friend for Christ's sake!" I exclaimed.

"I don't know what kind of drugs you're on, Kennedy, but Kat isn't your best friend," He argued.

I glared, "She's been my friend since high-school. We live together! How could you say that?" I asked.

"How could you think someone who is so mean to you be your best friend?" He fought, "C'mon, Kennedy, don't be stupid. You're far from it. Kat may have been nice to you in high school, but you know she's as much of a bitch to you as she is to all of us."

"That's just her personality. She's very opinionated," I stated.

"I wasn't aware that being opinionated meant treating your best friend like shit. Dee told me of all the times you've cried on tour because Kat is telling you one thing after the other. She tries to control how you dress, how you act- because she doesn't want you to steal the attention from her."

"That's not true," I squeaked, starting to cry.

"Open your eyes, Kennedy," CC stated as he placed the ice on my ankle. "She's lying to Andy just as much as she's lying to you." I shook my head. "On the last tour, when Kat showed up for those few shows, Dee caught Kat doing something she wasn't supposed to." I raised an eyebrow.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"If I tell you, Kennedy, you have to promise to not tell anyone. Okay? Can I trust you?" He asked and I nodded. He sighed deeply, "We went out to the bar. All of us, but Andy headed back. It was when his ribs were broken, and he just wasn't feeling up to partying. So Kat stayed with us..."

"And?" I asked.

"She kissed me, Kennedy. Kat kissed me."

-

Dee sat with her legs thrown across Ashley's lap as she watched Andy text Kat from across the room. He was in the corner, sitting on a chair, with one leg over the other. "She's just going to get hurt," Dee stated.

"Either way, look at how much she's changed already," Ashley replied, "She looked so happy this morning. She was a new person."

Dee shook her head, "Someone is going to get hurt. Wether it's Kennedy or Andy- one of them isn't going to be happy."

"C'mon, Dee, you know Andy thinks those letters are from Kat. When he realizes they're from Kennedy-"

"That's what I mean, Ashley," She snapped, "He's been lied to for almost two years. How do you think he's going to react when he finds out his girlfriend used Kennedy to write all those love letters?"

Ashley shrugged.

"It's not going to be pretty. He's going to get hurt, causing Kennedy to get hurt."

"Love isn't perfect, Babe. You of all people should know that," Ashley smiled and kissed Dee's cheek and she snuggled into his side. He was right. But Dee didn't like the feeling she had in her stomach. She knew something bad was going to happen.

-

When CC brought me back to the dressing room, John had ordered that I take it easy for the rest of the day. He said I could monitor the boys from there, and make orders on the walkie if something needed to be done, "Oh, and you look nice today. I like it," He smiled before walking out of the door.

CC sent a knowing glance to me and I rolled my eyes. I still couldn't believe what he had told me in the bus. I mean, I knew Kat was very provocative, but I didn't think she would ever go that far. I mean, I wasn't sure if kissing classified as cheating. CC had stopped her before they could go all the way. Despite being drunk, CC was still coherent enough to not hurt his friend like that. And, he confessed, he didn't really like Kat in that way. Dee had seen the whole thing, and urged a drunken Kat to head back into the bar. She then advised CC that he should tell Andy, but he refused. He didn't want Andy to get hurt. Still, CC didn't understand what Andy saw in her except for big boobs and a pretty face.

It was at that moment that Andy's phone rang, and he answered, "Hey, Baby. I'm glad you got your letter. I should have yours in a few days, right?" He paused and listened to her, and I watched his face light up as she had probably said something cute to him, "Good...Aw, I miss you too. I'll see you soon though. A couple more weeks and we'll be in town for a show before heading out again." This time, his face lit up even brighter. His eyebrows shot up and his glistening blue eyes were wide. His smile spread across his face, "Oh my God, I can't wait to tell everyone! I'm so excited, Babe!" He shouted, "I love you too, Kat."

With that he hung up and he looked to us excitedly. He was almost to happy he couldn't talk, "Kat's coming on tour with us!" He shouted.

"Oh for fucks sake," Dee had muttered under her breath, and I felt CC's arm tighten around me.

Today was just not my day.