Status: Active.

Gravity

E I G H T

I was glad I didn't have to see the reunion of Kat and Andy, mainly because I didn't think I could handle seeing that. She would throw herself on him, only for a moment though. He would hold her close, then smother her with love before she would pull away, afraid of messing her makeup. It was unfair.

"Relax," CC stated as he fell into the couch beside me. He had moved to my bus when Kat arrived. He didn't appreciate the glares she had sent his way. "She'll be gone before you know it," He smiled. I turned and gave him a dark glare and he sighed. "Well maybe not, but that doesn't mean we can't have fun while she's here," He stated sternly and I smiled.

He threw an arm around me and pulled me close, "I don't want to do this, CC," I muttered.

"I know, Kid. You just gotta keep pushing," He assured.

"I know," I mumbled. He turned to me.

"Kennedy, you have to promise me something," He was serious, "Don't let her change you back. You're happy right now. You're beautiful. Don't let her take that away from you."

"I won't."

"Time to face the music," He sighed and stood up. I followed and he gave me a quick hug before following me off the bus and towards the venue. Everyone was already hanging out in there, Ashley and Dee included.

When we were right outside the dressing room door, CC tossed his arm around me again, and opened it. We stepped inside and when I looked up, Kat was on Andy's lap, an eyebrow raised. She eyed my trendy striped tights and black and tan sweater. She started from the bottom, at my military boots, all the way up to my dark red scarf. "Kennedy!" She squealed and hopped off Andy, running to me. She yanked me away from CC and pulled me into a hug, "I missed you!"

"I missed you too," I smiled.

"And I see you've raided Dee's closet," She laughed before returning to Andy.

CC sat on the couch and pulled me down next to be between him and Ashley. I tossed a leg over the other and relaxed, not focusing my eyes on Andy nibbling at Kat's neck.

I don't even know how many times I had wished I was in Kat's position. I wish I knew the feeling of Andy's arms around me. The feel of his breath on my neck, just before he would kiss it. My heart stopped as I thought of his lips hovering over mine, before kissing me softly. I wished it was me who would feel his hand run through my hair as I rested on his lap. It wasn't fair.

"You okay?" CC whispered and I looked at him.

"Fine."

"So are we going anywhere fun tonight?" Kat asked as Andy slipped his arms around her waist, pulling her close.

"There's a bar down the street we were going to hit up," Jake at mentioned as he browsed through his phone.

"Sounds fun!" She giggled and kissed Andy's cheek.

"Woo!" CC yelled, causing me Ashley and Dee to all roll our eyes.

-

"For fucks sake, will you just put the damn dress on!" Dee yelled.

"No!" I screamed and took off down the row of bunks. She ran after me, knocking me down.

"You're acting like a five year old," She stated.

"I'm not wearing the dress," I glared.

She sighed, "Will you wear a skirt then? I'll wear one too," She compromised.

I was still self-conscious about showing off my legs, but Dee had suggested it. So I watched as she dug through her suitcase for a black leather skirt, lace top, and jean vest. The same outfit I had modeled for CC and Ashley a few days before.

"Kennedy," She said as she handed me the clothes, "I promise I will never make you look ridiculous. But you need to go out there and show Kat that she isn't the only hot one around here," She stated, "It's time to show her that you're not beneath her anymore."

I sighed and changed, putting on my heels. Dee gave me a pair of cute earrings shaped like skulls and a spiked bracelet. She handed me a red clutch for me to put my phone and wallet, since the skirt was too tight to have pockets.

Dee had straightened my hair, getting rid of the soft waves that were in it before, before pinning the teal pieces back. She gave me a stick of red lipstick and I applied it. She fixed my eyeliner and blush, and finally we were both ready.

Dee kept her promise, and wore a black high-waisted skirt and tucked in a baggy black tank top with embellishments on the front. She curled her hair and wore make up similar to mine, but more of it, and red heels.

I was still nervous to see what Kat would be wearing. She always dressed nice when she went out, and I didn't want her to look better than me. But she always did, so it wouldn't surprise me. Still, I wanted to at least stand out. I didn't want to hide in the shadows anymore.

When we exited the bus CC and Ashley were already outside, waiting. "Damn!" Ashley exclaimed at Dee's outfit and we laughed, "You look stunning as always, Kennedy," He smiled at me.

"Thanks, Ash," I mumbled.

We began to walk, since we didn't want to drive if we got too wasted. I didn't really want to get drunk tonight. I was always afraid of saying something stupid in front of Andy or Kat. I wouldn't be able to handle the embarrassment. Still, I had promised CC I would at least have one drink with him. Dee was also expecting me to take a shot with her at some point in the night. I still felt self-conscious though, and tugged at my skirt until Dee started to glare at me, "Leave it, Kennedy," She stated like a mother would her child, and I stopped.

We walked into the bar, smoke hazing the ceiling. They were playing music from a jukebox by some old eighties metal band. Everyone was already there, on the far end of the bar, screaming about shots, "Finally! We're all taking shots!" Jake had yelled.

"Yeah!" CC yelled and tugged me over there. I followed, trying not to strip over my heels as I did so.

I stood next to Kat and she looked me up and down, "I didn't know you owned a skirt," She stated, but no one else had heard. Everyone was too busy deciding wether to shoot whiskey or tequila for the first shot.

"I borrowed it from Dee," I replied.

"Figures," She scoffed and CC pulled me towards him, handing me a shot. I took it like a pro, just wanting to get away from Kat.

We had hung out for a while. We were all laughing at some of the guys telling stories about tour. All of the practical jokes that people have encountered, and the crazy fans. We were so busy laughing, I didn't feel anyone step beside me, "Hey," I looked up and saw someone just a few years older than me. He had soft brown eyes and a white smile. He was tall and muscular, wearing a white shirt under a leather jacket.

"Hi," I muttered and pulled a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Are you here with anyone?"

"Uh, my friends," I replied.

"Mind if I buy you a drink?"

I paused, "Oh... I don't know..."

"C'mon, just one drink," He smiled.

"I guess," I shrugged and he ordered something, and the bartender handed it to me.

"What's your name?"

"Kennedy," I replied.

"Shaun," He held his hand out and I took it. He smiled again. "You guys out celebrating tonight? You're friends seem very excited," He laughed.

I chuckled, "No. They're like this all the time. We're just passing through the city."

"Cool."

Before I could say anything else, an arm pulled me back, somewhat harsh. My drink had splashed a little onto the counter top and I looked up to see Kat, "I've been looking for you everywhere! Come have a smoke with me," She smiled and before I could question anything, she pulled me past the guys and out the back door.

"Since when do you smoke?" I asked. Kat never smoked, and didn't even like Andy smoking. She didn't want her perfect teeth to start yellowing and she said it was bad for your skin. I pulled out my own pack of cigarettes and lit one.

"I don't. What are you doing, Kennedy?" She demanded, hand on her hip. I finally got a look at her outfit. She wore a dress, parts of it cut out so one could admire her perfect tan and curves. She wore sky-high blue heels with it, and her hair was perfectly curled.

"Smoking?" I questioned. I wasn't exactly sure what she was asking. Still, she rolled her eyes and scoffed.

"You look like a tramp," She stated and I stopped mid-inhale. "Seriously. You don't wear skirts, Kennedy. You're legs are like sticks, and look better in jeans. And the teal has got to go. It looks ridiculous on you. And, let's be honest, you never wear heels."

"Well, I like change. No one said I had to wear the same thing my entire life," I shrugged. I was hoping Dee would come to my rescue, and yank be back into the bar. It was cold, and Kat only made me feel colder. Her words were like ice.

"Oh, c'mon. I know why you're doing this," She crossed her arms and put a hip out. Shit. How did Kat find out about Andy? She couldn't have possibly known unless I made it that obvious, "I know you're doing this because of CC. He's not a guy you want to be around, Kennedy. He isn't for you. He likes slutty girls, just like Ashley."

"Are you calling Dee a slut?" I asked, "Because she's not."

"Aw," Kat stepped forward and smiled softly, pushing hair out of my face, "You think that changing what you look like is going to land you the boy?" She asked, "Sweetie, it doesn't work like that. You're going to have to put out a lot more to get CC. The boy craves only one thing. He's only being nice to you just so he can bang you then move on. You're not going to get much else out of him."

"It's not like that," I pushed her hand away.

She opened her mouth to say something else, but the door burst open. CC stood there, "Hey! I've been looking for you! We're doing jager-bombs!" He shouted and grabbed my arm, pulling me back inside. I had never been so happy to see him in my entire life.

"Thanks," I muttered. "But you couldn't have come a little sooner?" I asked and he chuckled.

"Maybe we should invest in a panic-button," He suggested with a grin. I laughed.

In a second I had forgotten anything what Kat had said, because Dee had handed me a tall glass of beer, and a shot of jagermeister. I was ready to let loose.