Status: very much active

Hopeless Hearts

Chapter 1

I was slightly nervous as I did up my red tie and looked in the mirror (again, jeesh I’m like a teenage girl). I had to go to my first day at a proper school now. You see, I was home schooled but my mom and I both decided that it would be best to take my senior year at a real school.

I sighed once more and look at myself in the mirror. Red skinnies, black t-shirt, red tie. That was normal right? Well... As normal as I can pretend to be.

I walked the short distance to my new school and, after visiting my locker, found my homeroom in about five minutes. My next class was art. I love art! Along with music it's my favorite pastime.

I walked in slowly with my bag over my shoulder and saw that the class was empty apart from one person who must’ve been the teacher. His perfect black hair covered part of his perfect face and his perfect eyes were lined with black. His perfect lips were tinted a natural shade of pink and his perfect skin was pale but not sickly.

I took a seat and just hoped somebody hadn’t claimed it already and would get annoyed when they saw that the new kid had stolen their chair. I looked around the room once more just to see if we really are alone or not.
"It's a while yet until the bell." His voice was perfect to match the perfect looks.
"Ok... Do you want me to come back later?" I replied to the teacher who was sitting across the room from me.
"No it's fine. You can stay if you want."
"Ok," I accepted his offer, "I just didn't want to be late as it's my first day." And I'll admit, I was pretty nervous. What if none of them liked me? But it was also because this teacher was easily the most beautiful guy I’d ever seen and I totally wanted to stay here to gaze at him.
"What's your name?" His question (thankfully) interrupted my fretting.
"Frank." I told him. "Frank Iero."
"Well I'm Mr. Way but I just prefer Gerard." He smiled. Gerard huh? I thought it was kinda weird to call a teacher by their first name... But that was just me, and I’d get used to it.
"Ok. Nice to meet you Mr. Way."
"Gerard." He corrected me. "And nice to meet you too." There was an awkward silence so I decided to get out my pencil case and shit seeing as this class was also where I had art next. I was really happy about this because... well... Gerard was just damn!
"So what kind of drawing do you like?" Mr. Way broke the silence.
"I like fantasy... Like... Pretty gore." It's kinda hard to explain but I like vampires. Real vampires, none of that Twilight crap I let a small smile creep onto my face.
"I'm into comic stuff." I hope he could teach me! Well... He is a teacher.
"Cool." Is all I really wanted to say. I couldn’t help feel like I was bugging him massively.
"I hate being the only young teacher here." He states, obviously I was not bugging him before he started up another conversation. He did look very young. I would say about 20.
"They're all old foggies." I couldn’t help but laugh a little bit.
"I'll remember that!" I said, and I got a small laugh out of him.
"Plus they’re all human... Ugh!" He ended with a tone of disgust and I stared at him. Humans...? Ok... Just act like you have no idea what he's talking about.
"I like killing them sometimes but I got in trouble last time!"
"Y-You killed a t-teacher!?" I made sure there was a fake look of shock on my face.
"Yeah."
"Woah."
"What do you mean 'Woah'?" I guess my act was paying off.
"I... I just didn't expect it." I genuinely didn't. He was WAY too cute to kill! NO! What was I saying? He's a teacher for Christ's sake!
"Wait... You're not a vampire?" Oh dear. Even if I wasn’t not he's kinda blown it now.
"Well... I... I... How did you...?" What was I supposed to say, "Yeah Gerard I'm a vampire! Nice to meet ya!"? I don't think so!
"What?"
"You are?"
"Yes! God it's not unusual these days, we rule the world dude!"
"Oh.." Was all I could say.
"Well? Are you or aren't you?"
"Yes. I am. Sorry sir. I mean Mr. Way. I mean Gerard!" I turned away to hide the blush that was creeping across my cheeks when I heard him laugh but I was pretty sure he already saw me.
"At least there's someone else in this class." What did he say? Another one?
"Someone apart from you?" I asked, still not facing him.
"Well my brother's in this class." Must be kinda weird... Teaching your brother. Hmm... I wonder if his brother looks like him...