Status: very much active

Hopeless Hearts

Chapter 14

I sat in my living room talking to my parents. Mikey was there fidgeting, looking like he was ready to implode with excitement. I do love mom and dad but they're too strict and old fashioned. My parents had just come back from the Bahamas and we are catching up on all the latest gossip. I hadn't told them about Frank yet...
"Gerard got a boyfriend!" Mikey blurted out. I was going to seriously kill him. The thing with my mom is she hates half bloods and thinks they're worthless and Frank being a half blood kind of makes me think mom will hate him.
"How lovely. Is he a nice pure blood like Michael's Bob?" My mom smiled at me. I just shook my head and her eyes widened; I could see the disappointment fill them.
"Gerard you know how I feel about those filthy half bloods. Why would you want to go out with someone so worthless when you could go out with someone pure and worth your time?" This was exactly why I didn't want to tell her about Frankie. She would get all in my face about how I should go out with someone born a vampire and not turned. Stupid Mikey and his big mouth!
"I love him so you better just accept that mother!" I told her and skulked off to my basement room, not really wanting to hear her reply. I wondered what she would say if I told her that Mikey is friends with Frank.

In my mom’s eyes Mikey is the perfect son. Good grades, talented, Pure blood mate from a wealthy and well-known family and just perfect. Then there is me I had okay grades and now I'm an art teacher that has to quit their job, I can draw, write and sing but that's it and Frank is completely perfect in my eyes but my mom sees him as a worthless half blood. I just don't know what do to. Maybe if mom met him she would change her mind. That's what I'll do! I will invite him for dinner and my mom can get to know him better rather than judging him because of his blood purity.