Status: very much active

Hopeless Hearts

Chapter 2

I put on my teachers uniform of black trousers (I decided to have a change from black skinnies), black shirt, black suit jacket and red tie. I was an art teacher at some human filled school. You see, I'm some badass vampire that you wouldn't want to fuck with. I jogged through to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of blood before quickly lining my eyes with black and leaving my flat.

The drive to the school was only 10 minutes from my flat. I walked into my classroom, admiring the art on the walls. A lot of my students were talented. I sat at my desk and instantly started sketching. Almost straight after I sat down I heard the door creak open. I didn't say anything to the person who walked into the room I just kept sketching. I knew the person was male from their scent but I couldn't tell if he was human or not.

I heard the chair skid across the floor as the boy sat down. I glanced up to see the boy and instantly wished I had done sooner. He was definitely a vampire. His skin was perfectly pale and his eyes were a strikingly beautiful shade of green brown, rimmed with black. His black hair was straight at the front and the back was spiky. He was cute but he was my student.

"It's a while yet until the bell." I told him. I could tell he was wondering where the other class members were.
"Ok... Do you want me to come back later?" I wanedt him to stay... but I couldn't really say 'Don't go I think your cute and I want to look at you some more.'
"No it's fine. You can stay if you want." That was more appropriate.
"Ok," I almost grinmed with happiness, "I just didn't want to be late as it's my first day." he told me.
"What's your name?" I asked, wanting to know more about the boy.
"Frank." Frankie! "Frank Iero."
"Well I'm Mr. Way but I just prefer Gerard." I smiled at him. I hated being called by my last name. Always have.
"Ok. Nice to meet you Mr. Way." I roll my eyes in my head
"Gerard." I corrected him. "And nice to meet you too." It was nice to meet him. Another vampire in the class that wasn't my brother. The silence went awkward then.
"So what kind of drawing do you like?" I asked him.
"I like fantasy... Like... Pretty gore." Pretty gore. Never heard that one before but come to think of it gore can be pretty. Frank smiled the most beautiful smile I have ever seen.
"I'm into comic stuff." Comic books are my thing. What can I say? I'm a sexy nerd.
"Cool." He said, ending our conversation.
"I hate being the only young teacher here." I groaned. Well I'm not that young I just look 20 but in fact I'm 120. Frank looked about 18 I'd say.
"They're all old foggies." I whined slightly when he didn't reply
"I'll remember that!" He exclaimed and I almost giggle but I did a manly chuckle instead.
"Plus there all human... Ugh!" The thought made me want to puke. Frank just stared at me. Ok... Maybe he wasn't a vampire like I thought.
"I like killing them sometimes but I got in trouble last time!" I bet I'm freaking him out now but might as well.
"Y-You killed a t-teacher!?" Frank looked shocked. Oh shit...
"Yeah." I tried to act casual but I knew I'd scared him.
"Woah."
"What do you mean 'Woah'?" If he said what I hoped he would then I could ask if he was a vampire.
"I... I just didn't expect it." He stuttered! That’s so cute! No Gerard! He's my student and off limits.
"Wait... You're not a vampire?" I asked, pleading for him to say he was...
"Well... I... I... How did you...?" He looked shocked. Probably where he's from you didn't get vampires and you had to keep it a secret. But come to think of it he sounded like he was from New Jersey...
"What?"
"You are?"
"Yes! God it's not unusual these days, we rule the world dude!" It always made me happy saying that.
"Oh.."
"Well? Are you or aren't you?" I pressed on. Why couldn't he just say yes?
"Yes. I am. Sorry sir. I mean Mr. Way. I mean Gerard!" He looked away but he wasn't quick enough and I caught a glimpse of the blush that painted his cheeks. I laughed quietly.
"At least there's someone else in this class." I was actually relieved. I mean they were all human Jocks in this class.
"Someone apart from you?" He wasn't facing me which actually quite annoyed me. I wanted to see his pretty face! Shut up sub-conscious!
"Well my brother's in this class." I hated having to teach Mikey. It was just plain weird!