Status: very much active

Hopeless Hearts

Chapter 3

"Well my brother's in this class."
"Oh cool." I wondered if they looked alike...? No Frank. Don't think like that.
"Yeah it's alright I guess." I started to doodle on my hand. Just drawing random stars and future spider web tattoos and stuff.
"I have paper you know." I quickly tried rubbing the drawings off with my sleeve (it didn’t work, just smudged em) and waited for the bell.
"Don't worry it's only five minutes to the bell."

For those five minutes I just sat and picked at my nails and thought about how terrible my first day of school was going to be.
"Finally!" I muttered when the bell finally rang and I swear I heard Mr. Way laugh. Kids started to pour in and one with dark brown hair and glasses walked over to me.
"Can I sit here?" He asked, pointing to the chair next to me.
"Sure. I don't know why you're asking me, I mean it's my first day so it's not like I own the chair or have any friends to keep it for or anything." I started to go into nervous rambling mode.
"It's polite." He said as he sat down next to me. "I'm Mikey." He smiled a bit as he introduced himself.
"I'm Frank. Nice to meet you Mikey."
"Nice to meet you too." And he was back to having a poker face. Mikey and I talked about what we are going to draw for a while and I finally decide what to do. We had to draw something that we thought was beautiful so I decided to draw a Les Paul. The guitar I will have one day! Mikey painted a sunset which was truly beautiful. I finished before anyone else and half raised my hand, kinda scared to attract attention to myself.
"Yes Frank?" Mr. Way said as he walked over, his voice as beautiful as the rest of him.
"I'm finished." Nervousness suddenly took over for some reason. What was it about him that made me so nervous? God no I better not love my teacher.
"Let me see it then." I held up my picture for Mr. Way to see and used it to hide my face behind. "That's wonderful Frank! Keep up the good work." When he walked away I put the graphite sketch down and looked at it then back up at Ger--- Mr. Way!
"You're blushing." Mikey interrupted my thoughts.
"Am I?" I could feel my face getting hotter as I spoke, literally.
"Yes and now you're redder." He laughed a little and asked me why. I just shrugged, sighed and looked back at Gerard. Mr Way!
"You don't... Like him, do you?"
"What!?" My eyes went wide at his question.
"Gerard."
"That's like... Illegal. But he is pretty perfect." Actually he IS perfect but I was not away to tell Mikey I thought that!