Sequel: To Be Loved

Whispers in the Dark

Whispers in the Dark

Stare into the mirror.

Yeah, that's it. Stare into the shallow mistake that is your identity. With your short brown hair and your dull brown eyes, it's no wonder he left you. You’re a pathetic little thing. She has better clothes, she's beautiful, and she's everything you're not. She'll give him what she needs. You and your morals, they only led to this. Meanwhile, I told you to have sex with him. I told you to sneak out. I told you to drink at that party.

But still, you held onto your silly little beliefs. You're such an utter child.

Pick it up. Pick up that shiny blade and end it all. End the tears from your red eyes. End the screaming that wakes you up at night. End the wallowing pitiful stares that tear into you day in and day out. Just end it.

That's it. I wish I could do it for you, you sobbing whore. You couldn't let him touch you, but you let Daddy touch you. You let him-just enough for him to leave you and your little brother alone. What's that? Is that another tear? So weak and so fragile, it's no wonder why you're left broken all the time! You're so easy to twist; you're like putty.

You're staring into nothingness now. Pretty soon, you'll be mine to torture and torment for eternity. You think it's a way out, but really, it's the beginning. I can't wait for you to come and play. You'll be my best yet. You were a ticking time bomb from the start. If only you held on a little while to your beliefs, you would've been rid of me. I have him to thank. I mean, without your cheating drunk of a boy-, excuse me, ex-boyfriend, I wouldn't have you. You're a prize and you've always have been.

Just fade away. Fade away and come near my voice. I think you'll love it here...you always did love the dark.

What is that light? Why are you waking up? Where are they taking you? No one is home, they couldn't have called an ambulance! You have no friends! Why would those fake two-faced liars call someone to save you? They're too busy stabbing you in the back to pick up a phone, much less dial a number! Why are they closing up your wrists? That's my handiwork, that's your ticket here! Ah, there she is. The one you left behind when you decided to listen to me. I had no use for her. She always reminded you of your worth, when in reality, you mean nothing. I wish she could go away. Of course, now your family is here. This is going to be a long time before you're in the position to actually succeed this time. You always fail! You couldn't even kill yourself! Why? Why? Why?

"You thought you'd win," the girl looked at me. All was quiet in the room while the friend and family looked on. I seethed in anger. I was so close to gaining another, only to be stopped by her.

She was beautiful with her short brown hair, beautiful brown eyes, and a strong demeanor. She was dressed in purple, and on her side was a sword, encased in a sheath.

She was her true self.

"I knew I would," I hissed, circling her. "If you hadn't intervened."

"Yes," she calmly stated. "But I did. You have no further business with me."

After taking out her silver sword, she swung it at me only for me to lunge back. With fierce concentration, her eyes darkened and I soon found myself with a sword in my chest.

"I was the only one who loved you!" I howled, painfully turning into ash.

"No, you let me be alone in the dark with no stars and only your hateful whispers," she sadly stated, shaking her head. "You hated me. You only know hate."

The last thing I saw was her face. It was no longer in tears. But it wasn't happy either. It was content, whole, and beautiful. I cursed as I turned into ash. She achieved the ultimate goal before I could destroy her.

She loved herself.

Someone else will be back. But they will be no match for you.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Skillet for this amazing song.