I'd Give Up Forever to Touch You

Chapter 3

Alec was a normal boy with a normal life, from a normal family. A father, mother and a little sister.
Life was good. Or so it seemed. He was living a lie for two years now and things started to look bad. At first it was easy to hide the truth and later on to deny it. But you know the thing with secrets is, the longer you have to keep it a secret the harder it is to keep. People started to notice and it was hard to deny the truth.

Alec never wanted to talk about it. That’s when he started to isolate himself. One by one he lost his friends. It was not a big deal. He had bigger problems. Rumors spread all over the school. He was the towns gossip. His parents had a hard time explaining things to neighbors and friends but little did that help. People believe what they want to believe. And it looked like they were embarrassed with their son.

It was not his fault. He knew that and they knew that. Yet he felt overwhelming guilty to them. He wished his parents would deal with it. He was dying and he accepted that fact. But they never did.
It was not easy to accept. It came after different phases. First he was angry. Angry for all the wrong they caused him. Angry because , why he, why not someone else? After anger there was denial. He acted like nothing was wrong. But then fear was slowly rising. Death was something so unknown. He feared the unknown. It was out of his hands and losing control on something is hard. Time was ticking and he could not stop it. That’s when he accepted the situation.

He realized he was running out of time. There was no sense in worrying and fighting against something big like this. It was a waste of time, and time was something very valuable right now.
He never felt lonely all these years. But then there was she.

They met on the beach. She was sitting on his bench. Not that it was his property but sitting at that spot where hardly anyone wanted to sit he kind of claimed it to be his. And now it was taken. For a moment he’d stood there motionless, trying to make up his mind on what to do.

At the moment he wanted to walk away she noticed him.

“I’m sorry, am I bothering you?” He turned around to look straight into her blue eyes.

“No, no, not at all” it sounded a bit dorky.

“I can leave if you want me to, or you can just sit next to me. I don’t mind.”

Without a word he took place next to her. She made a remark on the guitar he brought along and after that the conversation went on for 2 straight hours. They connected and a friendship was born.
Being friends with Samara made him realize how lonely he was. It also made him realize he didn’t want to be alone.

That summer it felt like time stood still. He was having fun with Samara, and for once in the past two years he was truly happy. Life was good when Samara was around.
Her sparkly eyes, her smile her chaotic personality. He loved her from head to toe. He was thankful for ever getting to know her.

But then summer ended and suddenly his last school year was there. Not that he was worried about that. But it also hit him that Samara would join his school too.

Life with Samara was a completely different world from his life in school. And she didn’t belong in that world. He didn’t want her to see the person he was in school. The freak they called him.
The first school week started and he was being paranoid. Every corner he turned he felt she stood there watching him. And every time he really did see her he would walk the other way. He was a coward he knew that.

In his head he tried to explain it all to her. The truth, or a white lie. He didn’t know what to tell her. He’d rather walk away from the confrontation than to face her.