We Come Out at Night

Jinxes and Dull Lives.

"Reduced to babysitters." Jimmy said and retreated through a door that I had never noticed before. Zacky walked over to me and draped his arm around me playfully.

"Don’t listen to him." Zacky reassured me. "He's a really funny guy after you get to know him. Besides, he wouldn’t mind being your nanny. He'd really enjoy spanking you-"

"Zacky!" Johnny interrupted.

"What?!" Zacky scowled.

"Don't jinx us. You know if Brian finds out you said that he'll guy us like fish."

"He wont ever know." Zacky stuck his chin up rebelliously. "And what's this about me jinxing us?" Johnny rolled his eyes.

"Remember…" Johnny then looked around the room nervously.

"Remember what? We all know we have the mind reading thing down pat." Zacky said and took his arm from around me.

"You know, Beetle Juice." Johnny whispered just loud enough for me to hear.

"Uh, what?" Zacky asked straining to hear Johnny's words.

"Beetle Juice." Johnny said again barely audible.

"Dude, you're gonna have to speak up." Zacky said, but I noticed a mischievous grin tugging at the corners of his lips.

"Beetle Juice!" Johnny shouted and immediately covered his mouth with his hand.

Zacky slid down to the floor heaving from silent laughs. "So," he gasped. "Who brought the had luck now?"

Johnny gave Zacky a dirty look. "As long as you don’t make the final jinx."

"Really?" Zacky said, perking up and getting back to his feet. "Has it been six times already? What am I supposed to say now. We just did the Beetle Juice thing." Zacky suddenly paused and an evil smirk lit up his face. I was actually a little nervous. "Johnny Lewis Seward wears pink boxers!"

Johnny looked confused. "Uh, no. That’s not it."

"Huh?" Zacky asked. A silent conversation filled between Johnny and Zacky. "Oh yeah!" Zacky exclaimed suddenly. "Trillian is a freaking hot sex symbol with a nice butt and I'm saying it just to piss Brian off… in spirit." Zacky finished, looking smug with himself.

"Heaven forbid you ever live alone." Johnny said and ran a hand through his Mohawk and shook his head in disappointment. An awkward silence filled the room making the atmosphere stuffy.

"So," Zacky started. "How's it been going?" The weird question hung in the air.

"Uh," I answered. "Fine I guess."

"Its okay. It could be better." Johnny answered.

Zacky sighed. "Damn, Johnny. For a vampire bassist for a huge rock band, your life is incredibly dull." Zacky's eyes shifted to me. "And you, you are residing in a house with a vamp lead guitarist of a huge band that is soo crazy for you, and that's all you have to say?"

"Yep." I answered.

Zacky stared at me for a moment. "Let's go bother Jimmy." He finally said and we followed him to the mysterious door Jimmy disappeared through earlier.
♠ ♠ ♠
its been... a few months since i've updated this story.