We Come Out at Night

Blood Stuff and Darker Jimmy

Zacky knocked on the red-painted door. "Yo, Jimmy James. Is it visiting hours? 'Cuz we wanna hang." After a couple of seconds Jimmy opened the door.

"You guys got this bored to come to me?"

"Just call us Dull People Inc." Johnny joked as he walked through behind Zacky.

I walked in and sat on a chair. Johnny and Zacky had taken up the couch. Jimmy's room was the same size as Brian's. Except his walls were a sage green while Brian's was just white.

In the corner was a drum set with the Death Bat on the bass drum.

Jimmy sat down on the bed next to his demonic pet, Demo. His icy blue eyes studied us each before closing them. The hound was so huge it almost took up the whole bottom half of the bed.

"So how do you get one?" I asked. The three of them stared at me like I was crazy. And maybe I was. I was staying in a house filled with vampires and hell hounds. "Get a hound."

"Oh, that." Johnny started. "Well, that's kind of a package deal. You get a protector when your sire's protector does something to cause a blood reincarnation."

"Do you need you sire's protector's blood to change?" I asked and everyone stared at me strange again.

"How do you now this?" Jimmy asked.

I shrugged. "A satanic bible told me."

"Odd how accurate a book can be." Jimmy said. "No. You don’t need a protector's blood to become a vampire. All you need is a complete blood exchange with your sire. Bit I've heard that without the protector, your soul is lost and the first time sunlight hits your skin you die."

"Well the book didn’t say that. But I know about blood exchanges and all that yummy stuff." I wrinkled my nose.

"Yeah," Jimmy started. "With out protector all you are is a blood thirsty zombie. A protector does more than protect your from intruders while you sleep, but your humanity, too."

"Wonder how you get a blood exchange with a hound." I said, more thinking aloud.

"You don’t." Zacky said. "The hound bites you and gets your blood. Since the sire has already blood with the hound the DNA some how fuses together, I don’t know. I've never gotten the mumbo jumbo crap."

"So if the hound wasn't birthed, how does it come back to the world, or whatever?" I asked.

"Blood reincarnation is a secret that the protector's keep." Jimmy told me. "They just kinda appear there."

"Yeah," Zacky agreed. "And when you see them…its like you've known them your whole life."

"Well, Zacky, they are apart of you." Johnny said teasingly.

"They have some interesting powers, too." Jimmy said stroking Demo's sleeping head. "They appear wherever you are when your in trouble. And I've seen Demo just run right through walls."

"Wow. Definitely not an ordinary dog." I said in an awed voice again by the hounds.

"Aw. That makes me wanna go play with Nazi." Zacky said getting up.

"I'm gonna go check on what Nero is up to." Johnny said following Zacky out the door.

"What a heart warming story," Jimmy began. "A vampire and his hell hound. No relationship quite like it." Jimmy sounded sarcastic, but when I looked over he had a smile on his face. Demo's strange eyes flickered up on me again.

"Why is Demo's eyes different from all the rest ?" I asked.

"Demo and I aren't the average vamp and protector."

"What do you mean?"

"I wasn't human when I was turned into a vampire. I t changed Demo also."

"What were You?" I asked.

"I was half demon. Not the evil I'm-gonna-steal-you-soul demon. A lesser demon. He was my father. He left my mother when she was pregnant."

"Why did he do that? Didn’t he love your mom?"

"Yes. That’s what she told me. He left because all of my father's Arch-demons looked down on it. He was in debt to be killed. He left because if he would have stayed, they would have killed my mom and me."
♠ ♠ ♠
okay, i just found my notebook that had this story in it.
i was just too lazy to try to write without it.