‹ Prequel: Unter Deiner Haut
Status: Complete

The L Word

Chapter 1

~Flashback~
“Thank you, Yagami-san. Goodbye.” Yagami-san left the room, and as soon as he did, L prepared to breathe his final breath, but it wouldn’t come. He wondered why. Light came out from his hiding place and sat next to his beloved L.
“Waiting to die, huh?”
L opened his eye and looked at Light.
“…… Why?”
“Before I gave up possession of the notebook, I wrote down a particularly relevant rule onto my arm…” Light showed L the written rule.
‘You will not die if you write your own name into the Death Note, but it is not recommended.’
“What does that mean, then?”
“Well. It means you’re not going to die. And you didn’t die when Rem wrote your name because it was cancelled out by your writing your own name into Ryuk’s Note so you’re as good as indestructible.” Light said with a cheeky grin.
“So, we can spend the rest of our lives together?”
“Yep.”
“Light-kun, marry me.”
“You serious?”
“Yes, because to be honest, I didn’t want to die and leave you all alone in this cruel world. Marry me.”
Light smiled and kissed his now fiancé L, and they lived happily ever after.
~End Flashback~

L never changed his outfit. Not even for his birthday. But Light refused to let him get married in his usual attire. To be quite fair, this was the one and only downside to L getting married in the first place; he couldn’t be as comfortable as he would have liked. But whatever makes Light happy…
“You look so damn cute in that tux you know, Ryuzaki.” L’s vampire friend said to him.
“… You really think so.”
“Honey. I know so. Light will LOVE it!”
“Uh, thanks. I hope so.”
“He will, I promise!!” She reassured L, and looked out of the door leading to the altar. “Ready?”
“As ready as I’ll ever be.” L said after taking a deep breath.
“Yes. Knock them out, Ryuzaki!”

*About half an hour later, during the actual wedding*

“Light, do you take L to be your life partner for as long as you both shall live?”
“I do.”
“L, do you take Light to be your life partner as long as you both shall live?”
“I do.”
“I now pronounce you life partners. You can kiss the groom.” The rev said in slight confusion over who was the groom. And they did, blatantly. L’s vampire amiga was cheering them on like she was at a Cinema Bizarre gig, as any slash fan would.

*A couple of hours after that, the beginning of the reception party*

L’s vampire amiga was being the resident bouncer for the reception, checking off all the guests who were on the list of people who got invited to the wedding and chucking out the people who failed their attempts at gate crashing.
“Name?”
“Lord Ilpalazzo.”
“Let me see……. Sorry, your name’s not on the list, you can’t go in.”
“But I only want to talk to the newlyweds.”
“Even so, I don’t remember inviting you.”
Lord Ilpalazzo brought out his *forged* invitation and showed it to the bouncer.
“Right. I don’t see why I can’t let you in then. But your err, accomplices must stay here,” she sighed in exasperation.
“That’s fine, I shan’t be long. Excel, Hyatt, keep this bouncer company, please.” Lord Ilpalazzo nodded once and made his way to the reception to speak with the newlyweds.
“Sir, yes Sir!!” Excel and Hyatt called in unison.
“So. Um. Miss… Excel?”
“That’s me! Who are you?”
“I’m a close friend of L. Call me Psnowy.” Psnowy, L’s vampire amiga, offered Excel and Hyatt a handshake.
“Nice to meet you!”
“Nice to meet you too. Um… I don’t know how to say this without offending you, but um… there’s something odd about that Lord Ilpalazzo guy…”
“In what way…?”
“Observe; he’s not bothering to mingle, he’s strictly tracking down L and Light…”
“Oh... He’s gay... And a home wrecker... So... STOP HIM!!!” Excel said, secretly thankful the vampire had noticed.
By that time though, Ilpalazzo had already tried his luck with L and failed, so he was going to try his luck with Light.
“Well hello there…”
“Hey. Um, Lord Ilpalazzo, right?” Light asked, offering his hand.
“Correct. How be you this fine evening?” Ilpalazzo replied, accepting the handshake.
“Very happy, thanks. And yourself?”
“I’m alright… your partner doesn’t seem very social…”
“Oh no, he keeps himself to himself most of the time.”
“And I presume you’re the more…. charismatic one?”
“Well, I suppose you can say that….” Light slightly blushed at the compliment.
“How about you and I meet again sometime? I’ll give you my number.”
“Um.... Sure. Here’s mine.” Light gave Lord Ilpalazzo his mobile number. Fatal Mistake.