Status: Complete

Glitter and Gloom

Chapter 1

It was at this point in time where the German visual kei band Cinema Bizarre were touring Japan. The year was 2010, and they knew about Kira’s reign over the world, except that they shouldn’t have to worry about getting killed by Kira….
The day after the CB guys had arrived in Japan, they did a promotional interview for their latest album and the interviewer did something almost unfathomable: He asked them their opinions of Kira, to which Strify simply replied:
“Kira can try to kill me for saying this, but I personally believe he’s just a murderer. He thinks he’s the God of a new world, but what he’s really doing is killing innocent people now. I mean, he started off with good intentions, I won't deny him that, but then the police must have begun to suspect him so he started killing anyone who stood in his way.”
“And he stole my name and swapped O with A.” Kiro joked.
“And what about this one mention of Shinigami?”
“It would be cool to meet one, if they do exist that is. I personally am a believer in the supernatural so if there’s any way to meet a Shinigami, my life would be complete.” Strify replied with a cheeky grin on his face.

During their stay in Tokyo, Strify decided to go off on his own in search for a restaurant kind of place which specialised in confectionery dishes… he had a bit of a sweet tooth and was craving some. He looked for a space where he could eat alone and not draw too much attention to himself, but there were no empty seats, so he opted to sit next to this one guy, sitting like a child, knees up to the chest, and dressed in a plain white top and blue jeans. His hair was jet black and all over the place, and he looked like he’d never slept a single minute of his life. He saw Strify sit opposite him and spoke without thinking.
“Excuse me…”
“Yes?” Strify looked up at the childish man.
“I know you from somewhere…. Strify, no?”
“Hai, Strify desu.” Strify made a bad attempt at speaking Japanese, which the young man found cute.
“Hajime mashite, Ryuzaki desu.” The guy named Ryuzaki introduced himself.
“Hajime mashite, Ryuzaki-san.” Strify shook Ryuzaki’s hand.
“So… I don’t suppose you speak much Japanese then, Strify-san?”
“Only a little bit.”
“Oh good, I can speak English, French and Italian fluently, as well as Japanese. So no problems there then.” Ryuzaki rarely smiled, but he made an exception just for Strify. They seemed to get along great, despite Ryuzaki’s apparent lack of social skills. They ended up discussing the Kira case, that had been lasting for about 6 years now.
“I know exactly who it is, but it’s finding proof of it and his weapon of choice. Strify-kun, do you read much manga?”
“Yeah, I love manga. But… how is manga related to this case, if you don’t mind me asking?”
And this is the bit where L gives his big theories as to how he knows who Kira is, how he’s killing and why manga must have something to do with it somehow, even if it is just the idea of something from a manga happening in reality. Strify also had a fair bit of input, and came out with ideas that L hadn’t tried out yet.
“Strify-kun, your theories impress me. How long are you in Japan?”
“Just a few weeks.”
“And in those few weeks you can help me crack this case. What do you say?”
“Are you sure? Wow, Ryuzaki, I’ve never thought of being a detective before now…… I’m in!” They shook hands again as if to seal the deal. 'This is going to be fun,' Strify thought.

*a few days pass*

“Strify-kun, you must do me a favour.”
“What’s that, Ryuzaki?”
“Hide. Somewhere where only I can see you. I ask because my prime suspect is due to enter in less than 5 minutes, and if I want to catch him, I’d like you to hide and record him killing people, OK?”
“Sure!” Strify found a fairly effective hiding place. Just as he’d disappeared from sight, Yagami Light entered the room.
“Ryuzaki, I heard you’ve found someone new to investigate the case.”
“Where from?”
“My father. Who is he?”
“He’s a private client.”
“So you can’t tell me who it is?”
“Sorry, no.”
Strify was watching them talk from his hiding place and was surprised. This guy… Light… was the prime suspect… and working on the case? He was living a double life? How can anyone manage to do that without going insane? Strify highly doubted he’d be capable of such a thing. And this guy… he was so young…. a college student, even. A college student by day, mass murderer by night. And no signs of remorse on his face whatsoever. This guy was cold-blooded. It made Strify shiver with dread, as he tried to picture how this guy was able to manage doing what he was doing. But he mustn’t lose sight of his mission, which was to capture Light killing with his weapon of choice.