Status: Complete

Glitter and Gloom

Chapter 3

At this point in time now, Strify was a newborn vampire, and because he didn’t wanna kill people, he got inspired by Stephenie Meyer and thought it was a good idea to hunt animals instead. Just like L does.
After they were finished hunting, they returned to the investigation suite to find Light. L said nothing, but Strify crept up to him and whispered in his ear:
“By the way, it’s Andreas Hudec.”
Light was thinking ‘What The Fuck? He’s telling me his real name? This is too good to be true!’ so he slyly turned another page in his Murder Diary - OK, OK, I’ll call it a Death Note, Jeebuz. - so he slyly turned another page in his Death Note and wrote down Strify’s name, waited 40 seconds and after it turned out that nothing could happen to Strify, L brought out Yagami Soichiro (That’s Light’s dad) to say:
“Yagami Light, you are under arrest on suspicion of mass murder.”
“You bastard, you tricked me!”
“Oh, really? I told you my real name, didn’t I? So that notebook would have killed me…. if I was still human.” Strify said.
“Light-kun, I’m putting you on Death Row. Your intentions may have been good at first, by killing criminals who should have been punished, but you simply got carried away and had to kill all those FBI agents just to lift the suspicion, but really, you just dug a nice, deep grave for yourself by doing so.”
“And your own girlfriend! How could you? You didn’t love her at all, did you?” Strify was - admittedly - getting off on putting Light on such a guilt trip that not even Light knew he could. Light said nothing except “I give up” and allowed his dad to take him away.
“Babye Darling.” Strify said teasingly.

He was curious about this notebook to be fair, so all he did was read the rules and slightly fanboyed over the fact that you get possessed by a Shinigami while you own one. And because he touched the notebook, did that mean he could see the Shinigami too?
“Hey, what are you doing with Light’s notebook? Are you gonna use it?” came an unfamiliar voice.
“Um…… no, I don’t think I will.” Strify said to the huge black Shinigami called Ryuk.
“Hunh. I’d call you boring but I like the sound of you. What’s your name?”
“You want my real name or my stage name?”
“Stage name? What do you normally do for a living?”
“I’m the lead singer in a band. But Ryuzaki invited me to join this investigation because… uh, I can’t exactly remember, my human memory’s quite dim.”
“Oh yes. When Light wrote your true name down in the notebook and it didn’t work, obviously that means you’re a vampire.”
Strify and Ryuk were, oddly enough, chatting away like they’d known each other forever, and at this rate, they probably will know each other forever.

*a month or three passes by*

There were headlines all over the papers that read something along the lines of:

WHERE IS KIRA?

Obviously people were missing Kira because Light was in jail, awaiting his death penalty….. as far as L and Strify knew.

Even people on Death Row were allowed visitors, so Light asked Misa to come visit him and he was going to tell her his escape plan. She was so hopelessly in love with him that she would do anything to help him, in any situation. And in this case, he needed her help escaping from jail. It wasn’t going to be easy but they would find a way somehow. And this is what they did:

Misa snuck into the jail dressed as a ninja, with a backpack full of weapons - who knows how she got hold of them. Did she rob a military store or something? - just in case any security guard tries to catch her. She managed to get to Light’s ward relatively unnoticed, and as soon as she saw that the keys to Light’s cell and all the others in the ward were left unattended, she quietly crept over to where a security guard was meant to be, slowly picked up the keys and had an extremely lucky guess as to which key was Light’s key. As soon as he was out, they both made a run for it. Since they both could run very fast, they didn’t really care whether they were seen by guards. The prisoners on Death Row should have been closely monitored so they don’t escape but this particular jail seemed to be pretty lenient, in Misa’s opinion. But really that was Light’s doing, as he was able to hide a piece of his Murder Diary - FINE, Death Note - on his person. He was actually mad enough to make a trade for the Shinigami Eyes so he could know the security guards’ real names just in case their badges gave out false names. Which was unlikely, because the guards didn’t know that Light was actually Kira. But you can never be too careful these days.

***

As soon as Light was free, Misa took him to her apartment so he could rest and eat proper food. It seems that jail doesn’t give you the nice yummy food that freedom gives you. It didn’t take long for the headlines to read:

PRISONER ESCAPES FROM DEATH ROW

Light sighed. “I can’t even be free without the headlines tracking me down.”
“Well…. I really don’t know what to suggest, Light-kun. Except maybe you might have to be disguised.”
“For how long though, Misa? I can’t be in disguise all my life.”
“At this rate, you might have to be, Light-kun. I hate to admit it, but the only place you could be yourself is here, with me.”
“Maybe you’re right, Misa. But I won’t stop in my mission to kill Strify and get L back.”
“Is this what it’s all about? You want L back?”
Light sighed again. “Yeah, I do. I never thought I’d love him the way I did when we were together, but he always did suspect me, whether it be of trying to kill him or cheating on him, or whatever.”
“Aww, sucks to be you, Light-kun.”
“I know, yeah? Ooh, maybe I can change my name to, oh I dunno… Nanahara Shuuya, or something.”
Misa listened attentively as Light speculated what to do about being wanted for murder, and decided to be evil enough to not tell him that there already WAS a guy on the run for murder going by the name Nanahara Shuuya. Oh, what to do, what to do?
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, it's a fanfiction, isn't it? I can use the name of the guy from Battle Royale if I so wish!