Status: Complete

Glitter and Gloom

Chapter 4

So when Light had survived about a month of not getting found and sent back to jail, as escapees on Death Row generally do, he went out one night, alone, against his better judgement, in the middle of the night, just to get some air. He was as well disguised as Misa could help him with, so that helped. But only a tiny little bit. Because he was confronted by four bizarrely dressed men.
“Excuse me, sir…” The smallest one called.
“Yes…?”
“Are you Yagami Light?”
“Um…. Yes.” Light said, worried. The small guy, named Kiro, looked back at his Bizarre amigos and nodded.
“Now, we hear you’re in pursuit of our bandmate…”
“Uh, bandmate? …. You’ve lost me there.”
“Strify; he’s our bandmate. And we heard from a reliable source that you’ve been in pursuit of him for quite a while…”
“Oh really…. what if I tell you that I am indeed looking for him?”
“Then we’ll have to do whatever it takes to stop you looking for him, right guys?” Kiro’s three amigos nodded.
“And a midget like you’s really gunna stop me, huh?”
“Well, you know what they say; good things come in small packages.” Kiro beckoned his amigos over so they could glomp Light. By this time, they had him cornered in a bid to intimidate him, but Light was really not playing his cards right tonight, oh Hell no. He was retaliating to the guys’ jibes which only egged them on further. As Kiro seemed to be the ringleader, he was the first to attack. And from that one single punch, the four of them were attacking Light, like a four on one alleyway fight kinda thing, and when Light was down and nearly out, they ran for it.

***

A couple of days later, there was a headline in the papers that read:

DEATH ROW ESCAPEE ATTACKED BY THUGS

“Oh dear, Raito’s been attacked, Ryuzaki,” Strify said with a touch of sarcasm.
“Oh? Does it say who attacked him?”
“No, but… looking closely at the picture…. they’re my bandmates!”
“What?”
“The guys attacked him, I can’t believe it. I dunno whether I’m relieved or disappointed… I mean, bless them for defending me but… I dunno, I can’t believe they’d do this.”
“Did you ask them to attack Light?”
“No, I didn’t.”
“Hmmm. They must really value you, Strify-kun. If they go to these lengths just for your safety.”
“Yeah, I suppose so. But they know I’m immortal so I have superior reflexes to him and I can therefore win a fight against him if needs be.” Strify was saying this as, for some odd reason, he was loading a gun.
“Strify-kun, I never thought he’d behave this way. All he wants is for me to take him back, but he doesn’t seem to realise that I never will. He will stop at nothing to get his claws into me again. I need to escape his possessiveness, and for that I need your help. As well as the task force. He knows he can’t use his notebook to kill you so he ought to do his homework on vampires before he tries anything.”
“Hehe, yeah, you’re right. I’m beginning to hate that guy, seriously. He’s ridiculously stubborn; he won’t stop until he gets what he wants…. but who am I to judge? I barely know the guy…”
“Well you know him well enough to know that that’s exactly what he’s like. For him it’s get rich or die trying.”
L and Strify continued bitching about Light and came up with a cunning plan to get him to err, stop bothering them, so to speak.

***

*The Actual Plan*

Strify and L had laid their trap. They arranged to meet up with Light, in the same hallway that he was arrested for Mass Murder in, so it was like deja vu. They had also arranged to have the Japanese Task Force hiding in the shadows for when they were needed.

Finally, Light and Misa had arrived, with your stereotypical vampire-killing equipment in hand. Strify couldn’t help but to stifle a giggle at this because he wasn’t your stereotypical vampire; he’s the kind that Shparkled like Edward Cullen. So he would be pretty difficult to kill, for Light and Misa. Only another vampire could kill Strify now. Bwahaha.
“Well well, Andreas. We meet again, at last.”
“It’s nice to see you’ve recovered from your little meeting with my trusted friends…”
“Yeesss, they attacked me… out of the blue.”
“Out of the blue? You’ve been trying to kill me for the past fortnight, Light. You can barely call that out of the blue.”
“How’s about this for something out of the fucking blue then, bitch?” With this, Light practically threw himself at Strify with a wooden stake in his hand, aimed for Strify’s heart but Strify was just too quick for him, and within a second he had Light in an almost neck breaking chokehold, ready for the Task Force to shoot.
“NOW!”

Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang!!

Strify threw him to the ground, and the bad guy’s gone.

Misa, on the other hand, just stood there, shocked, and a bit relieved, if I’m honest with you. Because she was admittedly starting to get sick of the guy. So she hesitantly went over to Strify and L to hug them both. Their torment was over.

*a year or two pass by*

At this point in time, the other CB guys had had their own near-death experiences - by which I mean they got next to killed and to save the band, and their friendship, Strify had to change them, not that he minded - and they’d been invited to the Lawliet Clan, by Ryuzaki. Misa, on the other hand, had begun to lead a life of her own; she carried on with her music and acting career.

The CB-bies had reached the door to the house which inhabited the entire Lawliet Coven, and this house was pretty huge. Strify knocked on the door, and waited patiently until there was an answer. Except that when the door had opened, he didn’t expect the greeting they got.
“Oh, hello! What brings you guys here?”
“Hi there, I’m Strify, these are my bandmates… I don’t mean to sound rude, but um…. can anyone join the Coven?”
“Yeah, sure, as long as you don’t piss either myself or Ryuzaki off, because before we found Ryuzaki I was the leader of the Coven. I’m Psnowy by the way. Big fan of yours.”
“Nice to meet you Psnowy. So…. because we need somewhere to stay until we’re due to head off back to Germany, can we um, join your Coven?”
“Feel free. Come on in, you’ll really love it here…..”
And the ENTIRE Lawliet Coven - which now totalled up to 20 members now - lived Happily Ever After.

The End.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow. Four Chapters. That's long, if you consider my history of short stories. xD