Status: Complete

Tough Love

Chapter 1

“Mr Lister sir, we’ve spotted another ship. It looks just like the Nova 5, sir.” Kryten said without making a single attempt at hiding his fear.
“Don’t worry Kryts, I don’t think it’s the Nova 5. Maybe it’s the Nova 10?” Lister tried to cheer him up as he headed to the cockpit with him.
“Maybe. Shall we try to make contact, sir?”
“I dunno Kryts, they might attack us.”
“So you suggest we just leave it, sir? Let them make the first move?”
“Why not, it’s just the way I’ve always liked it.” Lister said with a cheeky smile.

“Tam, look! Is that… Starbug?”
“Looks like it….. we’ll have to explore it without them knowing.”
“Are you sure you wanna do that? They might not appreciate it.” the third girl asked.
“Yeah but if that IS Starbug, then the guy we’re after might be on board. Let’s go in.”

While the crew were occupied with other things, the Venus 619 slyly attached itself to Starbug so its crew members could explore.
“Wow. This is Starbug. This is REALLY Starbug! All that time in stasis has really paid off ain’t it, gals?”
“Indeed!” The girls did a silent three-way boogie in the area they’d arrived in. Afterwards, they went searching for stuff they’d need for their own ship. Obvsiously they’d write a note of apology for stealing some supplies because they were nice and polite like that but even so, they needed food! So they took all they needed to last the three of them a week at least and scarpered off to their own ship.

*a while later*

Kryten went back to the cockpit and while he ventured his way there, he noticed something was different. Except for the obvious note the girls had left saying:

“Dear Starbug crew,

Sorry about this but we’ve had to take some of your food supplies because basically, we’re starving. But if we’re not mistaken, one of your crew members just happens to be the guy we’re tracking down. He goes by the name Dave Lister. Don’t make us attack you, because usually we don’t do violence, but please, do let us have him.

Much Love,
P, M and T
xxxx”

Kryten was, instead of worried that they were threatening to attack, weirded out by their politeness concerning such a matter! And what exactly did P, M and T stand for? He showed this note to Lister.