Status: Complete

Tough Love

Epilogue

“Incoming message.” Kochanski called and the boys came straight to the cockpit.
“Evening lads. Ace Rimmer here. How’s about we do a little bit of catching up?”
“Rimmer!! How ya doin, man?” Lister asked, part-happy, part-worried. A couple of years ago, Lister and Rimmer shared a passionate relationship, but they had to end it after Rimmer became the next Ace.

The Starbug crew let Rimmer on board the ship for a good mutual game of 20 Questions, and they were all pleasantly surprised at his charm, charisma and overall coolness. They all had a pretty good laugh, actually.

As soon as Lister and Rimmer were alone, Rimmer just had to tell him how he felt:

“Listy, you know when we broke up?”
“Yeah…”
“Did it hurt as much for you… as it did for me?”
“I dunno what you mean, Rimmer.”
“I always knew it would be hard to sacrifice our relationship so I could become the next Ace, but…. since I left I’ve become a broken man, Lister.”
“Wh… What are you tryina say to me Rimmer? If it’s what I think it is, then I’m sorry, but I’m happy with Kochanski, I’ve moved on.”
Rimmer slightly collapsed onto the nearest chair, and was fighting a losing battle with tears.
“Hey now Rimmer, don’t be upset.”
“How can I not be upset, when I’m still in love with you?”

They looked each other in the eyes. Lister was shocked, and Rimmer was heartbroken.

The End………..

OR IS IT?
♠ ♠ ♠
Had to. I just absolutely had to.