Status: Complete

Supernatural Loopholes

Supernatural Loopholes

It was chaos at the investigation room when it happened. All the files that were saved onto all the computers there had mysteriously been deleted by a dying Watari. Light knew what was going on though. The Shinigami Rem had written his name into Ryuk’s Death Note, as well as the true name of the world’s gratest detective, L. All this, just to protect Misa Amane, the human who possessed her Death Note. Rem had therefore ended her own life because in the Shinigami realm, any Shinigami to kill a human to protect another, will turn to ash, and their notebook will belong to the next Shinigami to touch it.

The Japanese police force all panicked when they saw L collapse. Light was immediately at his side, pretending to be his worried friend when really, he was glad to see L die.
“But… I…” were L’s final words. A fraction of a second afterwards, everyone in the investigation room saw a beautiful woman appear right at L’s side. She was talking to him.
“L, honey, you’re OK, don’t panic.”
‘Help me! Anyone! I’m trapped in this corpse!’ She could hear this thoughts screaming at her and she replied as if he were actually talking to her.
“I can help you, L!”
‘How?!’
“I can’t tell you right now because I’m in a room full of people.” She then picked him up to take him to the nearest bedroom. And no, it’s not what you think.
‘Please help me!’
She placed him onto the king-size bed and closed the door behind her.
“OK L, this how I’m going to help you.”
She then lay onto the bed next to him to whisper in his ear. She knew he’d hear her.
“I’m going to bring you back to life. Because I can.”
‘You can’t possibly be human…?’
“No, I’m not. I’m a multi-gifted vampire, and I belong to a rather big coven and we live just down the road. We need a leader, and I don’t need Shinigami eyes to know someone’s true name.”
‘Take me to your coven.’
“Sure. Lemme bring you back to life first, so they can meet you.” She said with a smile. Then she kneeled next to him and hovered her hands over his heart as if she were healing him with an ancient Asian remedy. With this she willed him to come back to life…. and he did. He opened his eyes and sat up straight as if he were waking up from a nightmare.
“How are you feeling, honey?”
“I don’t know…. kind of… freaked.” Then he really looked at her. He was like a blind man seeing sunlight for the first time.
“Wassup? You’re looking at me like you’ve never seen a girl before.”
“You’re…… beautiful. I never asked your name.”
“The girls call me Psistah Psnow Cone.” She held her hand out in a gesture to shake L’s hand.
“Nice to formally meet you, Psistah Psnow Cone.” He shook her hand to return the friendly gesture.
“Right. Let’s get you back to mine then.”
“Hold on, they won’t hurt me, will they?”
“Nahh. We don’t feed on humans. We hunt animals.” She picked L up and carried him on her back.
“What- You’re not running?”
“Yeah. No-one will see me, I run way too fast for them. Anyway, you’re light as a feather. It’ll barely take a few minutes anyway.”
“Yeah and they’ll see us if we go out the normal way.”
“Which is why we’re jumping out of the window. Hold on tight, spidermonkey.” And she jumped, with him on her back. She continued to run to the coven’s house so they can meet him.

She was right; it had barely taken a couple of minutes for them to get there. She let him down onto his feet, and took his hand in a reassuring manner.
“Guys! We’re home!”
A group of beautiful girls came running to the front door to see who Psnow Cone has meant by “we’re”.
“Psistahs, this is L.”

The vampire coven were all fascinated as to why their Alpha Psistah would bring a human back to the house.

Meanwhile…

“Where did he go?!” Light asked furiously.
“It must have been that girl, she took him away.” Misa answered accusingly.
“Well…. she won’t be alive for much longer either then.” He said evilly. Little did he know that Death Notes don’t really work on vampires. The first rule clearly states “The human whose name is written in this notebook shall die.” Surely he’s intelligent enough to work that out?

Back to the Lawliet Coven…

“Psnowy, how come you brought him here?”
“Tamba. What’s our coven’s name?”
“Lawliet.”
“Exactly. He is our true leader.”
“Oh…. how are you gunna do that then?”
“I dunno, but I need to hunt. It’s been way too long since I last fed. And animal blood just won’t do.”
“No, you can’t.”
“Can’t I? Watch me.” And the multi-gifted purple-haired vampire teleported back to the investigation room.

“Where’s Watari?”
“Why do you want Watari?”
“Just tell me where he is.”
“He’s dead!”
“That’s why I’m after him, Light! Now where is he?”
Light sighed in exasperation. “Upstairs, in the monitoring room.”
“Thanks.” She headed in the direction Light showed her.

“Watari-san?”
‘Who’s there?’
“It’s only me. I must apologise for what I’m about to do. But… we need L. And I also need to feed.”
‘Feed?!’
“Ssh! This is for L.” She aimed for the jugular and drank from the deceased Watari, until she had fulfilled her craving.
“Rest in Peace, Watari-san.” She then headed back to where Light was and it didn’t take him long to start interrogating her.

“Why aren’t you dead yet?!”
“Why were you trying to kill me with a notebook in the first place?”
“I don’t know what you’re doing with Ryuzaki, but I want him out of my way for good.”
“And he will be. But you haven’t answered my question. Let me see that notebook.”
He reluctantly handed it to her. She read the first rule.
“Aah, here’s where you’re going wrong, Light. ‘The human whose name is written in this notebook shall die.’ Well, firstly I don’t think you even know my true name. Misa might do but even if you did you couldn’t kill me. There’s a loophole in that rule that excludes other supernatural creatures. Toodles.” And she disappeared back to the Lawliet house.
“Wait…. if she’s not human, then…. what is she?”

Back at the Lawliet house…

“Psnow Cone…. “
“Yes, L-kun?”
“Change me. Your Psistahs told me about your mission, and… well, now you’ve found me, change me.”
“Is that OK with everyone?” There was a unanimous vote of yes’s. “Good. Now, I don’t normally change someone who has another choice, but seeing as you’re meant to be dead… sure.”
“So…. where do you wanna do it? And… where did you go?”
“I…. took some precautions. You’ve already died once, L; I won’t let you die again.” L was deeply touched by the sentiment coming from a vampire. “I can see you’re getting impatient, so… here goes.” She bit his jugular, both wrists, even his chest aiming for the heart, just to make sure. She then carried him, who was writhing in pain, to the nearest bed.
“Psnow Cone. Shall we take it in turns to watch over him?”
“I don’t see why not. He’ll only be out a couple of days, but… sure. I wanna know that it’s all going as planned.”
“OK.” And Tamba left the room.

*two days later. It’s now noon, and L is regaining consciousness.*

L opened his new eyes, and said out loud:
“Wow…. everything’s so clear.”
“I know. You get used to it after a while.”
“Hmm…. I’ll miss my sweets.”
“Not necessarily. Just because it’s not a necessity, doesn’t mean you can’t eat it full stop.”
L and Psnow Cone discussed L’s new life as a vampire detective, until Light cropped up in the discussion.
“Wait… won’t Light be able to see me?”
“Yes, but I promised him we’ll be out of his way. But then again….. we could cheat a little.”
“Oh…. carry on.”

Psnow Cone and L decided it would be best if Light no longer existed in the human world. After all, he was the one killing everyone. And they got help from the Shinigami on who else had Death Notes. Misa’s life was spared because she gave up her Death Note.
“Thank you Ryuk. You may now return to the Shinigami realm. And the world will be back to normal, I hope.” L said to the Shinigami Ryuk.
“Not a problem. I’ll see you when I next drop my Death Note.” Ryuk joked, and flew back to the Shinigami realm.

“Right… missions accomplished. What do you say to moving to England with us?”
“I’d say, hell yeah.”

And soon after the shenanigans of the Death Note, the Lawliet coven - now with their true leader, L - moved to a small city in England to live peaceful lives.

The End.