Status: Working on it :]

Men in This Town

Ch. 2: This Little Girl

I was out in the woods following a trail. It was really dark out and the leaves on the trees started to rustle as the wind blew. My hair is black as night began to flow with the wind and I felt myself shiver. I had no clue of what part of the woods I was in, but my feet just kept on walking.

I crossed my arms to keep myself from shivering as I made my way into a clearing where a beautiful house stood. I don’t recognize the house, but it was calling to me. It was big and it had many windows and chimneys. The house looked alive as I could see people inside happily smiling and laughing.

I stood at the front door and about to ring it when suddenly it opened and to reveal a woman much older than me smiling. She was beautiful and her eyes seem so familiar, but I couldn’t remember why. She was kind and she gave me a welcoming hug that warmed me up from the cold wind that blew. She invited me in and talked about a son that should be coming home soon. As beautiful it is on the outside it was just gorgeous on the inside. Children ran around laughing as the adults joked.

I felt myself laughing and smiling with this unknown family. Singing and dancing with the relatives that asked and then something felt wrong. I could smell the faint smell of gasoline lingering in the air. I looked around me, but no one seemed to notice except me.

I could hear the screaming and cry of pain. I looked around in a panic, but it was all smoky and I could barely see anyone. I searched, but things started to heat up and I could feel it as if it was real. I tried going for the door, bit was locked. All the windows had bars on them. There was no way out. We were all trapped. The flames grew bigger as it burned a couple people in the house.

I was scared and I felt myself calling for Scott suddenly. I was gonna be burned alive with a nice family that I have no clue of ever meeting. “Scott!!” I screamed as if he could hear me when he didn’t know where I was. My arm caught on fire and I let out an eerie scream of pain.


“Aria! Aria!” I heard my brother call and I sat up quickly breathing roughly. “Hey, you’re okay,” he said as I threw my arms around him while he tried to calm me down. I was scared and was sobbing into his shirt.

“It felt so vivid.” I said in between sobs. I looked at my surroundings hoping I was really at home. I felt the burning in my arm again and it was the wound I had gotten in the woods. It was hurting a lot more than it was suppose too.

“Wanna tell me about it?” He asked as I pulled back and saw that we were in the living room. I’d fallen asleep waiting for him after Stiles dropped me off.

“It was just a nightmare. I barely remember it now,” I told him. It’s true. I barely could remember what happened. “But me and a lot of other people were in a house fire.” I said.

“Why would you dream of that?” he asked as I shrugged. How would I know? “Well, I won’t let anything happen to you.” He said reassuring me making me smile.

“When did you come in?”

“4 minutes ago.” He answered as I frowned. “What?”

“You owe me two.” I said remembering the night.

“Why?”

“I saved your ass from getting in trouble and you can ask Stiles for the rest.” I said as we stood up. “I’m tired and you have school tomorrow unlike me.” I stuck my tongue out at him and he just shook his head.

“Whatever, Ariadne.” He said saying my entire first name as his way to be annoying. I instantly rolled my eyes at him and went up the stairs. “Hey what happened to your arm?” he asked as my red jacket sleeve was still rolled up.

“I fell in the woods and got scratched.” I lied, but being truthful at the same time. I didn’t fall, but I did get scratched. “You know how clumsy I can get?”

“Jeez, be careful will you,” he said a bit angry, but upset. Scott was always protective over me since we were little. When we weren’t arguing about who was gonna be the red ranger when we were young, we actually were pretty close. Best friends even.

“Sorry. I will next time.” I said to reassure him. We reached our rooms and told each other good night before we walked into our rooms.

I started to change into some pajamas seeing it was still late. Deciding on the black basketball shorts I jacked from Stiles and a white tank top. I reached up to take off my necklace that they got me for my 14th birthday. Then I felt the sudden rise of panic and I felt around my neck. It was gone.

I ran down stairs to search for it, but it was no where. I ran upstairs and into Scotts’ room. “Aria?”

“Scott, do you know where my necklace is?” I asked in a panic and he sat up sleepily.

“Which one?” he asked as I looked at him like it was the most stupidest question he ever asked. I pretty much wore that thing all the time.

“The one you and Stiles got for my birthday.” It was a gold necklace with a gold round pendant with the initial or our first name.

“You still wear that thing?” he asked surprised. Again, I gave him another stupid look.

“Of course!!”

“Where did you last leave it?” he asked as he scratched the top of his head trying to help me out.

“It was on my neck. I never took it off.” I said.

“Then you must have dropped it in the woods.” He said as I got sad. “We’ll look for it tomorrow after Lacrosse practice. I gotta find my inhaler,” he said as I nodded. I went back to my room and went to bed hoping I won’t have that dream again.

I heard pounding and Scott yelling my name. “Scott, go away!” I yelled as I turned over in my bed and hid under the covers. “I don’t even have school today!” He just continued to knock. I let out a small annoyed growl and got up from the warmth of my bed.

My feet padded across the cold floor to the door. I opened it and there stood Scott ready for school like he was back in preschool again. Unlike me I hated going to school. I glared at him as he stood there grinning. He knew the look on my face and still grinned. I gave him my ‘what do you want’ look with the raising of the brow.

“Can you make me breakfast?” he asked as I gave him my ‘bitch’ face. “Please! Mom’s not here and you always make breakfast for us when we go to school.”

“You woke me up to make you breakfast?” I asked flicking my hands at him as he nodded. “Go eat some freaking toast!” I said closing the door on him as his jaw dropped. After a minute I opened the door. “What do you want to eat?” I trotted pass him.

“I knew you loved me!” He said following me downstairs into the kitchen.

“Yeah, just say I’m the best sister you ever had.” I said getting the supplies out to make him toast and scrambled eggs.

“Aria, you’re my one and only favorite sister.” He said as I smiled. He poured him self a cup of juice. “How’s your scratch?”

I looked at my arm and shrugged. “It doesn’t hurt anymore.”

“Are you coming to our lacrosse tryouts today?” He asked me as I put the eggs on a plate with toast on the side. I set it on the table in front of him and poured myself some Fruit Loops and sat down with him at the table.

“Yeah, probably hang out with Danny and his buddies for a bit.” I told him while I was eating.

“Jackson’s friend?” He asked as I nodded.

“I don’t really talk to him. He’s a tad bit weird.” I said with a fake british accent as he laughs. He got up and put his things into the sink and walked back and ruffled my hair. “Dude!”

“See you at tryouts!” He shouted as he left. I fixed my hair and went to wash the dishes. Today was gonna be a long day.

I sat in my car heading to the mall. I needed something different for my plain room. The walls are a nice grey, the closet door is a shade of black like the ceiling, the door is a dark purple like the bathroom door. When you enter the room the desk is right across blocking the window and I wanted to move everything around a bit.

I parked the car and went into the mall. Not much people were inside, but you could see a couple students that decided to skip school. I went into Hot Topic first to get some new clothes for tomorrow when I start school. I hate shopping as much as I love it at the same time.

The job and the allowances I had over there in LA paid a lot and I just wanted to spend some of it. I saw a V-neck that resembles the Amazonian superhero's skimpy costume! WW logo and belt are slightly shimmery. It was cute so I hung it on my arm. I picked out two more shirts and a five dollar poster of Sublime.

“I like your sweater.” The woman at the cashier said as I smiled.

“Thanks,” I said as I looked down at my outfit. I had on a grey sweater with a cat head that said ‘Meow’ on it with shorts. It is my favorite sweater that I own. I paid and left the store and went to look for a Ross. They usually have nice things for rooms.

I tried not to spend a lot of time in the mall, because I had to fix up my room, unload stuff from my car and then go to the school to watch the Lacrosse team try outs. So busy. I found a couple things in Ross and paid for it. I found an awesome poster of an old girl band that I still love. Sweet! I made my way out of the mall and to my car.

I was home in no time and I still had 2 in a half hours left until I had to leave home again to head to the school. I sighed out of annoyance as I had to bring everything in the house on my own. Curse being home alone today. I fumbled with my keys at the door as I tried to carry everything I could get out of my car like a boss. Finally! I opened the door and made it up stairs and dropped some stuff on the floor and onto my bed. I had to go back to my car to get everything else out.

I was getting everything situated in my room. I started with posting my Sublime and random Spice Girls poster that I got from Hot Topic and Ross. I got these little lantern lights from Ross and I went into Scotts room looking for the hammer and nails so I could hang them up.

I moved things around and it looked like I had more space. I put a CD in my radio and turned the switch to max. Spice Girls filled my room and started to sway my hips as I walked around the room singing and dancing. I still had a good 20 minutes until I had to leave.

Slam me to the left
If you're havin' a good time
Shake it to the right
If you know that you feel fine
Chicas to the front
Huh huh and go round


Man I wish I had an astronaut costume. The time went by fast and I left five minute early to head to the school. I was singing along to my ’30 Seconds to Mars’ loudly in the car.

I parked my car a spot away from someone’s silver Porsche. I grabbed my bag from the passenger seat and got out. I fixed my shorts and pulled it down a little as I walked over to the Lacrosse field. I hate how sometimes when you sit while wearing shorts how they rise up giving you the most uncomfortable feeling ever. I hate those!

I made my way over to the bleachers across the empty field. A little early I guess. I sat down in the middle of the bleachers and started to look for my iTouch in my bag.

I plugged the ear buds in and pressed play. I started to play this maze game I downloaded before I left. Yes, finished the second round. I cheered quietly to myself and started on the third round. Once I got to the end, the exorcist came out and screaming into the head phones. I screamed and tossed the device.

“Owe.” I heard someone say as I looked up at Stiles as he gave me a sassy attitude. “If you wanted me to go away you could have said so instead of throwing things at me.”

“Shut up Stiles.” I said as he picked up my iTouch and gave it to me. “Thanks. It’s this new game I got on here. I’m going to delete it.” I said. “You know I bet you that game knew it was me. Like while I downloaded it I was like ‘Ooh, maze game. Download.’ And the game was like,” I made a weird sinister face to represent the game. “’He he he, Imma get you good!’” Then Stiles just started laughing at me.

“Sure, are you coming with me and Scott to the woods to look for his inhaler?” I nodded my head because I wanted to look for my necklace.

“Yeah, I think I dropped my necklace that you and Scott gave me for my birthday in the woods,” I told him as he nodded. He knew how I loved that necklace.

“Hey Lydia,” Stiles said greeting the strawberry blonde that ignored his existence. I get what he sees in her. “Okay.”

“Stilinski! On the field now!” The coached yelled as I laughed at the boy stumble onto the field. Young love.

It’s been 20 minutes into the practice and Scott was the goalie and hadn’t let a single ball in. “Wooo! Go Scott! Go Stiles!!” I hollered onto the field. “Go Danny!” I cheered as I wanted the three to make it onto the team. Stiles looked at me from the field and grinned as did the other boys I cheered for.

The two girls were sitting on the bench behind me when I heard one of them ask who that guy was in the goalie. “No clue,” Lydia said to the new girl.

“Yeah, he’s in my English class.” She said.

I couldn’t help but let a smile form on my lips. She was interested in my brother. A girl was interested in Scott. Got to tell him after try outs.

The coach announced who was on the team. I smiled as Scott, Stiles, and Danny made it. I jumped down on the last step and into Scott’s arms as he spun me. “I’m on the team!” He cheered. I laughed as he set me down and looked passed me and the pretty brunette that smiled at him.

“Congratulations,” she said smiling.

“Thanks,” he said as I smiled at the two speechless teens. Sometimes I wonder who is really the oldest.

“Who’s this Scott?” I asked as I looked at the girl that looked at me back. She was 5 inches taller than me.

“Oh, uh, this is Allison,” he said nervously.

“Allison Argent,” she suddenly said as she held her hand out and shook it.

“Ariadne McCall, but everyone just calls me Aria. Scott’s sister.” I said smiling at the girl who looked as if she sighed in relief.

“Baby sister,” he corrected.

“Sco-“ I got cut off by Stiles grabbing me around the waist to spin me around.

“I’m on the team!” he said excitedly. “Now I have a chance with Lydia,” he said as he set me down.

“Good for you Stiles.” I said as Danny jogged on over. “I’ll take you out for ice cream later.” I said as he fist pumped and walked over to Scott.

“Aria.”

“Danny!” I said hugging my best friend.

“I didn’t see you today.” He said as I shrugged.

“I got back yesterday.” He nodded. “So my mom let me stay home to get settled in.”

He checked me out before he said, “You look great!”

“I know right. The wonders of Pilates and Yoga,” I said lifting my leg into a ballerina pose.

“Yeah, and you caught a few eyes,” he said as I looked and saw Stiles and quite a few guys on the team staring and I released my leg and blushed.

“Awkward,” I said turning to face Danny. He laughed as I blushed.

“Still got your naïve moments,” he said ruffling my hair.

“Dude!” I said fixing it.

“Danny, lets go,” one of his teammates called.

“See you tomorrow.” He stated as I nodded. “You still up for hanging out with Jackson and me?”

“Of course.” I said while he nudged me.

“Well pick you up tonight.”

I walked over to the two overly happy boys. I adjusted my bag as the two group-hugged me. “Enough with the hugs,” I laughed as I snaked my way out.

We all started to head to the parking lot. The three of us were all ready to head to the woods. They backed out of the parking lot with me following behind them. I ejected the disk and replaced it with Paramore. The first track that played was ‘Misery Business’. I cranked the volume up and sang out loud.

I was following behind Scott and Stiles as they talked about what happened at try outs how he kept catching every ball thrown at him while he was goalie. I on the other hand tuned them out and searched for my necklace.

“Hey,” I heard a deep voice call out. Oh no it must be my inner demon coming out to tell the two babbling baboons to shut up. Yes, Satan? That is until I ran into one of them. “What are you guys doing here?” the deep voice asked.

I looked over their shoulders and saw him. He was wearing a black leather jacket and he stood there scowling at the two who stood there saying nothing. “Huh?” Stiles said nervously.

“This is private property.” He said still scowling.

“Sorry we didn’t know.” Stiles said as I tip toed to look over their shoulders still.

“We were just looking for something, but forget it.” Scott said nonchalantly as he stared at the guy. Before I knew it he tossed Scott his inhaler and started to walk away.

“Dude, that was Derek Hale. You remember he is only a few years older than us.” Stiles said as it was just the two of them in their own little world where they forget I’m here. Dicks.

“Hey!” I called out to the brooding man.

“Aria!” the two called out. Now you guys notice me. The older man known as Derek Hale turned around to face me. I stopped as I was close to running into him. He suddenly looked familiar now. He was that creep from the gas station. Well he probably isn’t a creep, but he did spook me a bit.

“What?” he said too be intimidating towards me as he looked down. Nope, I’m gonna stand my ground.

“I lost my necklace in the woods the other night and thought maybe you saw it since you found my brothers inhaler.” I told him as I looked him in the eyes. They were green but fierce. He was silent for a second.

“Sorry, if my sister is bothering you,” Scott said as Stiles and him tried to drag me away.

“You guys are bothering me,” I said shrugging them off.

“I’ll keep an eye out for it,” he said as I smiled at him and he just returned it with a surprised look.

“Thanks.” I said as I waved and he walked away. He’s very anti-social, but cute.

“Earth to Aria,” Stiles said waving a hand in front of my face. I swatted his hand away.

“What?” I turned to him.

“Take me out for ice cream?” He said grinning like a child and laughed.

“Yeah if it shuts you up about the kiss and taking you out for a date.” I said putting my hand on my hips.

“Deal,” he said as we shook on it.

“Wait, you two kissed?” Scott asked lost.

“You didn’t tell him.”

“It slipped my mind.” Stiles said shrugging.

“Yeah, which is the reason you owe me two.”

“Does that mean you guys are dating?” Scott asked still not getting it.

“No,” I told him as he mouthed an ‘oh’.

“I was about to say. Stiles, really?” Scott said as Stiles did a double take at his friend.

“What’s wrong with me? I’m totally sexy!” Stiles said as I laughed. “Aria, tell me I’m sexy!” he said as I walked away laughing. We headed back to the cars.

I turned towards Scott and he looked at me weird. “What?”

“You wanna drive the Impala?” I asked pulling my sweater over my bare shoulder.

“Really?”

“Yeah. Don’t scratch him and make sure you put gas.” I said as I handed my keys to the overly happy boy. “He has to be home by 11:30,” I raised my brow at him as he nodded.

“Okay,” he said as he made his way over to my baby. I was nervous a bit, but pushed it aside. See you later baby. I looked as Scott drove away with my car.

“Let’s get ice cream,” I said getting in the passenger side.

“This date will not change the way I feel about Lydia,” Stiles said jokingly as nodded.

“Just drive lover boy.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Finished chapter 2 finally. :]
Hope you guys like it. Her and Stiles little
date will be in the next chapter. Comments please :]
Would like to read what you guys like about it so far.

peace.

xoxo,

Aria Beatrice <3